• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Seattle's PC game is a "AAA, third-person, competitive, melee-action game"

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Given the roles they're hiring for, this will probably be a while.

Amazon Seattle - Creative Director said:
At Amazon our goal is to develop ground-breaking PC games that become cultural touchstones, redefine the boundaries of player experience, and change the way the world sees digital entertainment. Join us and you’ll have the power of Twitch, Amazon Web Services, and the entire Amazon ecosystem to help shape the future of games. You’ll work alongside talented industry veterans, including key contributors from titles like: Half Life 2, Left for Dead, Thief, System Shock 2, Age of Empires, Shadow of Mordor, Guild Wars, The Last of Us, Gears of War, Forza, Bioshock, and Sunset Overdrive.

You’ll be sharing your hard-earned knowledge while working within a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary team of designers, artists, and programmers developing AAA, third-person, competitive, melee-action game.
Source: http://www.amazon.jobs/jobs/340940/creative-director-amazon-game-studios

Amazon Seattle - Senior Level Designer said:
· Deep understanding of the competitive, multiplayer game landscape.
Source: http://www.amazon.jobs/jobs/340941/senior-level-designer-amazon-game-studios

Quoting from an earlier thread

Grain of salt: when i was in Seattle attending the international Dota 2 event, my uber driver noticed my attire (lol) and asked if i was watching the games. He said the other day he took 3 amazon employees who "are going to see the event and how its managed. They told me that they are working on making something like that "dota" game, but even better."

Granted this guy really had no idea about videogames let alone Dota. Sure it means nothing but who knows

I see Tom Leonard and Kim Swift are still there. Any other well known devs left there after the recent departures?

Tregard

Soothsayer
At the least this game will give us some hints as to Amazon were originally planning with their massive game initiative. Can't imagine it'll be anything spectacular, but I'll happily be surprised.

I get the feeling this will have been a planned launch title for the "Amazon Tinderbox (FireTV)(etc.)" games console, that has been repurposed.

BigDes

Sounds like another F2P MOBA/Arena shooter destined to be hyped up and then die as people keep playing LOL and DOTA2

CHC

Definintely doesn't sound like the framework for a "ground breaking culutral touchstone" but I'll keep an eye on it I guess.

Koobion

Very interested in seeing what Amazon can bring to enable here. The genre certainly isn't preferred in the current climate, but a melee spin and the promise of the talent they've hired could be great.

Ganondolf

why is Amazon making a pc game? I can understand mobile based game that link to their products but I can't see how a pc game works into their business strategy.

jbug617

Banned
why is Amazon making a pc game? I can understand mobile based game that link to their products but I can't see how a pc game works into their business strategy.

Maybe making their own client for their PC gaming storefront. They see how much Steam is making and they can probably match the sales also

Sanctuary

At Amazon our goal is to develop ground-breaking PC games that become cultural touchstones, redefine the boundaries of player experience, and change the way the world sees digital entertainment.

Good to see that they have their expectaions in check.

Walpurgis

Banned
This sounds like my kind of game. I hope it's less MOBA and more melee-action. A game like Anarchy Reigns would be a dream.
Quoting from an earlier thread

I see Tom Leonard and Kim Swift are still there. Any other well known devs left there after the recent departures?
Thanks.
The good thing about working at Amazon is they'll be used to crunch time.
giphy.gif

Top Bottom