• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Spain lists new PS4 model to be released on October for €399

sense

You guys need to get on PC, I already got the PS4 Neo 2 last summer

And can flip between XB1 controller and PS4 controller as I please
Can I play Uncharted 4, bloodborne and infamous or look forward to horizon, god of war, last guardian?

Blizzje

Well the leaked document says that Sony starting from October all games need to support NEO. What is even more revealing in my opinion is the fact that the document also says that games released in late September should release day one patches to add NEO support. If NEO isn't being released in October why would that be?

Said this from the beginning. Why would the day one patch be in place if they aren't going to release it shortly after the mandated start (october)? If it doesn't release in 2016, they would have been perfectly fine with having a november or even december mandate.

Wow, awesome. Can your PS4 Neo 2 play Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, Odin Sphere, Resogun, Until Dawn, Gravity Rush, DriveClub, Ratchet & Clank and MLB?

Edit - Hah, beaten.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Wow, awesome. Can your PS4 Neo 2 play Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, Odin Sphere, Resogun, Until Dawn, Gravity Rush, DriveClub, Ratchet & Clank and MLB?

Edit - Hah, beaten.

My current PS4 can do all of that though.

I'm still not sold on the upgrade and I have a fucking 4K TV.

My current PS4 can do all of that though.

I'm still not sold on the upgrade and I have a fucking 4K TV.

Well that's an entirely different discussion. It's not really related to my rebuttal there.

I'm not going to upgrade. I'll stick with my current PS4 and wait for the PS5 to come out before I buy another piece of Sony-branded home console hardware.

Menitta

I'm down with the Neo, but I don't think I'll make the upgrade quite yet. I don't have a 4K TV and the regular PS4 can still play the upcoming games. Once the Neo is shown off and the upgrades are actually that good, I'll probably get it some time next year. If they're not that good, I'll just wait for the PS5.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Well that's an entirely different discussion. It's not really related to my rebuttal there.

I'm not going to upgrade. I'll stick with my current PS4 and wait for the PS5 to come out before I buy another piece of Sony-branded home console hardware.

I guess I just see the listing and think that's what less than 3 months out and Sony had yet to even try to sell me on this thing.

At least give me the pitch even if I'm currently in the I'll pass camo.

Kickz

Can I play Uncharted 4, bloodborne and infamous or look forward to horizon, god of war, last guardian?

I can't play God of War or Uncharted on PC.

I'm happy for you though.

Sure you can once Sony wises up and makes their games go on PC as well like Microsoft is going to. In the meantime you have PS4 Neo 2 quality multiplats and similar games to the ones you mentioned like Tomb Raider, Dark Souls, Forza Horizon, etc

IvorB

Neo is just an upgraded version of a console already released 3 years ago (after all they play the same games). I think they nailed the correct price.

A $1500 PS4 with gtx 1080 would be high end.

What we will get is a overclocked jaguar cpu with RX 480 power. Profitable at $400.

No. It costs as much as the OG PS4 that launched 3 years ago. So it makes perfect sense.
OG PS4 / Slim PS4 = $299
PS4 Neo = $399

Hmmm... need to see side-by-side comparisons of games running on both models. Currently highly skeptical that this will be an upgrade worth having.

AEdouard

That price is way too low for the NEO considering the current exchange rate, the price in the US of current ps4s and the fact that it of course includes VAT. I expect more something like 399 € or even 499 €.

That price is way too low for the NEO considering the current exchange rate, the price in the US of current ps4s and the fact that it of course includes VAT. I expect more something like 399 € or even 499 €.
€399 was the leaked Amazon listing that was briefly up today

IvorB

Sure you can once Sony wises up and makes their games go on PC as well like Microsoft is going to. In the meantime you have PS4 Neo 2 quality multiplats and similar games to the ones you mentioned like Tomb Raider, Dark Souls, Forza Horizon, etc

Must you really do this?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
This is definitely NEO and with Jaguar and Polaris at 399.

So as expected. Good price

Well the leaked document says that Sony starting from October all games need to support NEO. What is even more revealing in my opinion is the fact that the document also says that games released in late September should release day one patches to add NEO support. If NEO isn't being released in October why would that be?

yeah, that was known months ago thanks to Osiris, giant bomb and Eurogamer. im just hoping for an early release

icespide

Banned
Amazon Spain lists new PS4 model to be released on October for €399

Release date: October 13th

The Arrival of Neo?

tumblr_msd4mswars1qlgbzbo6_500.gif

Source

edit.
Amazon Spain was quick and removed it ;)
just wanted to commend your usage of that gif

I hope this is the Neo's price and date! I recently got a new job and can buy a ps4 and I've been trying to hold out for the neo.

Lately ive been thinking the upgrade isnt worth waiting for No Man's Sky but I can hold out till Oct.

Tarnpanzer

Hmmm... need to see side-by-side comparisons of games running on both models. Currently highly skeptical that this will be an upgrade worth having.

Depends on the game I guess. Battlefield 1 in native 1080p with rockstable 60fps will be glorious on Neo. Maybe we get better AA/AF too.

Look at the performance of FFXV. Blurry image quality and a variable framerate. No way you want to play this on a PS4.

They wouldn't be supposed if they had been.

It sounds like an underclocked 480 is a fairly safe bet though.

PS4 Neo won't use a RX 480. AMD's Radeon RX 480 is a desktop-grade card. The correct way to describe the PS4 Neo is a highly-customized, Polaris-based GPU. This is a false equivalency I've seen far too often, and it gets people's expectations up.

Remember that AMD/Sony can make a custom conjunction of all Polaris GPU tech released thus far. Ever since Eurogamer put their piece out, everyone thinks the PS4 Neo will rock an RX 480. It won't. You can't stick a RX 480 with a Jaguar CPU without severely bottlenecking it.

Polaris is likely, yes, and we still don't know if the PS4 Neo will use an APU structure (highly likely) or adopt AMD's new semi-custom SoC structure that's used in the Xbox One S and Project Scorpio.

So yeah. Don't get your hopes up thinking you're going to get a console with a RX 480 in it. It's all going to be custom and derived, and there won't be a 1:1 scaled performance between PCs and consoles.

No one's interested in hearing your PC elitist drivel. You aren't getting "PS4 Neo 2" quality anything for $400.

I have a monster gaming PC rig as well, and I prefer PC gaming overall, but just stop. The Neo is very appealing for a plethora of reasons.

vin-buc

TBH - I would upgrade (buy a 2nd) if the machine was alot smaller/quieter, USB ports in front/back, better wifi/bluetooth, UHD player, 2TB hdd - while the APU/RAM remains the same. I also wish they'd do something about the quality for the DS4.

That has me thinking - if MSFT releases the the S for $399 with the same APU - does Sony delay the actual more powerful Neo until 2017 and release a new slim (with the upgrades listed above) for $399?

They still have the power advantage at the same price point. I hope it's Neo - but i'm really not sure anymore.

I surely can't be the only once that's noticed this, but the PS VR's codename was Morpheus, the PS4 4.5's codename is Neo... Is it safe to assume the PS5 will be codenamed Trinity?

Matrix_slideshow.jpg

It's a slim PS4. I might be crazy, but I think I saw one at the PSVR demo I went to last week. It looked just like a normal PS4 but about a third smaller. I should've taken a picture.

wapplew

$399 is a good price point, great even.
But I think Sony will charge more, because they have no competition for one whole year, they can go higher and drop it when their competition is ready to launch.

Raylan

Banned
This is never going to happen because it would be stupid as hell to do it. Sony doesn't need to release their games on PC. Games already sell on the PlayStation platform.
Microsoft has a completely different business model, which makes sense for them, because they're getting crushed by Sony in the console biz.

Toni

A $1500 PS4 with gtx 1080 would be high end.

What we will get is a overclocked jaguar cpu with RX 480 power. Profitable at $400.

I would be extremely more than happy with a 480 equivalent or overclocked on a PS4.

You'd be set and be able to play all last gen and current gen games at a comfortable 60 fps at 1080p with massively improved graphics / ultra settings. An improved CPU will make a vast difference for multitasking as well.

A fluid PS Store and suspending / playing several games at once without hiccups is pretty feasible with specs like that.

ElCidTmax

No picture :-(

I really hope the Neo is identical to the current PS4 on the outside, or as close as possible. Let's just say it will help if it looks pretty much the same to someone who doesn't really look at it much.

VeeP

When you play online do you play against KBM users or PC users using Controllers?

I would love to use a PC, but the fact is I prefer using controllers. When I play first person shooters or tps online, I'm going to get wrecked if I play against KBM users.

And plus, PS4 has plenty of exclusives.

As for Sony games coming to the PC, no point. PS4 is selling great, PlayStation is the future of the Sony brand.

Microsoft sells games on PCs because Windows is also their market. They want the Windows Store to take off and make 30% off every game and app they sell on that store.

Depends on the game I guess. Battlefield 1 in native 1080p with rockstable 60fps will be glorious on Neo. Maybe we get better AA/AF too.

BF1 comes out October 21st, and all games starting October and going forward have to support Neo, right? Games will already be getting day 1 patches in september. According to the tentative timeframe (that may have changed).

Seems pretty likely that BF1 will see some Neo improvements. The ps4 vs pc comparisons so far already look pretty good, the most glaring difference being that ps4 lacks true reflections in water and some additional foliage.

I wonder how far the Neo could take BF1. Could it bump it to 1080 while getting those reflections and foliage? Or would it just be a resolution bump with all else staying the same?

When you play online do you play against KBM users or PC users using Controllers?

I would love to use a PC, but the fact is I prefer using controllers. When I play first person shooters or tps online, I'm going to get wrecked if I play against KBM users.

And plus, PS4 has plenty of exclusives.

I have a gaming PC but I still buy many titles for PS4 for this reason. Most (not all) games I prefer a controller. I've tried multiplayer on PC that way and it doesnt go well.

If it's a game in which I only care about the campaign, I buy it for PC.
If it's a game in which I care about the multiplayer, depending on the game, I'll probably get it for ps4.

Considering how insanely long it's been since Sony has released a normal priced bundle with the Black Ops III bundle back in November of last year (!!!), I think it's safe to assume that the current PS4 sku is being phased out.

My prediction is as follows:

PS4 Neo starting at $399 w/ 500gb HDD. $449 for 1TB and $499 for 2TB.

PS4 Slim starting at $299.

Current PS4 sku price drop to $249.

Considering how insanely long it's been since Sony has released a normal priced bundle with the Black Ops III bundle back in November of last year (!!!), I think it's safe to assume that the current PS4 sku is being phased out.

My prediction is as follows:

PS4 Neo starting at $399 w/ 500gb HDD. $449 for 1TB and $499 for 2TB.

PS4 Slim starting at $299.

Current PS4 sku price drop to $249.

I wonder...If I got a neo, could I just straight swap the HDDs with my current ps4 without issue? I've already got a fat drive in my ps4 that I installed myself.

Edit: After doing some reading, it seems that each drive is protected by an encryption key matched to that hardware. The data would have to be backed up to an external, the hdd drive formatted for the new console, then the data restored back. That's a hassle.

Normally I'd just be cool with redownloading stuff, but y'know...PT.

Top Bottom