• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon UK: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy is 2017's best selling game in just 2 days

bombshell

The Crash thirst is real in the UK.

z1jpqcB.png

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/2017/videogames/ref=zg_bsar_cal_ye

Single SKU only.

It's possible multiplatform combined titles can total higher, for example Ghost Recon Wildlands in places 7 (PS4), 9 (XB1).

Year chart is updated daily.

For comparison it's only in place 51 on Amazon US 2017 chart. https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2017/videogames

Blablurn

I always thought those Crash fans are loco but apparently there are really many of them.

wow. Thats a great success for this game.

Meowster

The collection is a steal for that price and nostalgia is at an all time high. There was a lot of care and love put into this so it is great to see so many people going back to these games. Very deserving.

Anecodotal but the game was sold out absolutely everywhere in my town, so it doesn't really surprise me it's doing well.

I always thought those Crash fans are loco but apparently there are really many of them.

wow. Thats a great success for this game.
No they're Coco

Richie

As someone who stayed up late with friends playing the first title in this trilogy to completion, who had never before played a PlayStation game properly let alone beating one, I'm very happy to see it achieving success. Such a delightful challenge. Tough as nails but damn satisfyingly so.

nelchaar

Wasn't Amazon US sold out of Crash copies for the longest time and wouldn't take any preorders? Glad to see the game selling well.

Lucreto

Great news, hopefully successful enough for Spyro trilogy.

Amazon UK still hasn't dispatched mine. It's been sitting under dispatching today since Thursday.

acm2000

Aren't all these Amazon charts a load of tosh? I've always felt it's like companies can pay to make things higher and the like a bit like famitsu review scores.

meirl

Banned
misleading Title.

According to Amazon UKs Bestseller list Crash is the best selling Single Plattform Title sold on Amazon.co.uk.

Sold out at the massive Tesco and Asda I went to yesterday too. Games are all aces, and incredible remakes, easily up there with the likes of REmake for me in quality, so I'm very pleased to see it sell so well.

Hopefully this will prompt either a new classic styled Crash or better yet, Spyro remake trilogy to get commissioned.

Having completed Crash Bandicoot and nearing the end of Cortex Strikes Back, I can say it's well deserved.

The original, while rough around the edges, is still good fun but the second game is excellent even by today's standards.

Can't wait to play more and get to Warped.

It just goes to show, good, simple level design, which slowly layers on additional layers of challenge will never get old.

bombshell

Aren't all these Amazon charts a load of tosh? I've always felt it's like companies can pay to make things higher and the like a bit like famitsu review scores.

I believe there's a big difference in usefulness between the daily hourly updated snapshot chart that's very vague in what total it is showing and then this year to date daily updated chart.

My fiancé wanted to grab the game at the 10 o'clock release at GameStop (she's a big Crash fan) and I was shocked to see the line out the door. All ages too.

Crash is back, baby.

Lnds500

Well deserved.

Crash Team Racing / Crash Bash Spyro next please :D

Btw, Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 is the fifth game in the US list. Above Nioh, Persona 5, Mass Effect etc.. surprising.

acm2000

I believe there's a big difference in usefulness between the daily hourly updated snapshot chart that's very vague in what total it is showing and then this year to date daily updated chart.

I just don't trust anything Amazon says, very manipulative marketplace and selling practices

Chauzu

Very impressive, congratulations. Platformers selling well is only good to continue this revival the genre is seeing.

I mean,there's a reason why the Crash games have consistently been the top 3 sellers in terms of PSone classics,there's a pretty big nostalgia appeal among the casual audience. Good to see that translate to sales of the remakes

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Crash was always big here and we love our Platform games so while great to see, not shocking.

Interesting to see how many copies are shifted here though, hoping for enough to convince Activision to press ahead with a Spyro remaster

Yazuka

That's great. My local GameStop (Sweden) said they had more preorders for Crash than other big games. I was impressed by that.
And I can't seem to find a copy in my local stores.

bede-x

Great. Now do Team Racing/Wrath of Cortex/Twinsanity trilogy and Spyro.

And then get started on new games in the series.

FinalAres

Does UK gaming folks use Amazon prominently?

Wanna gauge the impact of this.
Yes definitely. However one very important thing to note. UK has always been a PlayStation "stronghold" (sorry I know that term is icky).

Up until the Wii, Nintendo was never really big here. Even the Mega Drive outsold it.

So with that in mind crash is a huge deal. It was one of the best series of games for the console nearly everyone had. Crash is a beloved series over here, definitely on the level of a lot of Nintendo's franchises.

Top Bottom