• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon's 'The Man in the High Castle' |OT| Man, that is a high castle...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that kept me going until the end was the alternate history premise. Can't say anything else about it was very good.

The main actress is crazy hot though, so that helped.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The Man In The High Castle’ Showrunner Frank Spotnitz Exits Amazon Series

Sources tell me that the showrunner behind the Amazon series based on Philip K Dick’s 1962 alternative history novel left High Castle in the past few days after clashing with the streaming service over the production of the Season 2 of the show. No new showrunner is being brought on board to replace the Europe-based Spotnitz and the current production team will take over his responsibilities.

Sorry for the bump, just finished this series and liked it, looking forward to season 2

My theories

Joe is a triple agent ultimately working for the resistance (resistance-Nazi-resitance).
Smith is a Jew
Frank is a schmuck

Makonero

Hopefully they take the criticism in stride and the second season really steps up and makes this something special. I enjoyed the first season but there were plenty of missteps that can be rectified.

antonz

I look forward to seeing where it goes. They did confirm we will know for sure who the man in the high castle is this season. Its probably Hitler but who knows maybe it isn't

I watched season 1 and with the ending, I had no idea how they were going to do a season 2.

I then read the book and realized how different the show is from the book and what was changed. Now I'm even more confused on what they would show for a season 2.

I watched season 1 and with the ending, I had no idea how they were going to do a season 2.

I then read the book and realized how different the show is from the book and what was changed. Now I'm even more confused on what they would show for a season 2.

They're going to discover a portal to the alt reality where the movies are coming from or some shit by the end of season 3. Book it. The least crazy it can get is that, basically, they have a machine to view the alt dimension but not interact with it. That's the baseline. It can only get weirder from there.

I look forward to seeing where it goes. They did confirm we will know for sure who the man in the high castle is this season. Its probably Hitler but who knows maybe it isn't

Hitler is gathering the movies using his intelligence aparatus, intercepting them en route to the Rocky states. The Man in High Castle is most likely not Hitler and if it is, it will not make much sense. I'd prefer it to be just a completely unknown person. In the book,
the author of The Grasshopper Lies Heavy is a man named Abendsen who used the I Ching to write it.
I see no real reason to deviate from that plotpoint, although they make opt for some sort of scientific thing since clearly having movies from another world is a bit different than having a book about it.

hEist

There's a BOOK? I need it.

Clydefrog

Just finished season one last night. Overall, I enjoyed it. I thought the production values were excellent; the settings really give the feeling of an occupied America. I wonder if they'll show D.C. They did, however, make San Francisco feel like a tiny city. I agree with the majority here that the Joe and Juliana thing is wearing thin, to say the least. The storylines with the Nazis, John Smith (hehe, dat name) as well as the Japanese are what really kept me watching.

I don't know how much further the show will turn into a sci-fi romp but I'm happy to watch it unravel. I'm half-expecting a Demogorgon to show up.

Two last things: 1) the antiques dealer sounds exactly like Kevin Spacey, and 2) Juliana looks exactly like Hope Solo. It bothers me.

RPGCrazied

Nice to see Season 2 coming so soon, this year even! How will this even go forward after that ending is anyone's guess.

Bandit1

So I just binged this, and really enjoyed it for the most part. I thought the show really nailed the setting, and it was fascinating to see America under Axis control. But they kinda lost me the last couple episodes with Joe and Frank on the tape and the ending scene in the finale. I guess it's like an alternate universe in a show which is set in an alternate universe? Wish they would have just played it straight.

I get mad each time this thread gets bumped.

Sorry bro.

RPGCrazied

Tomorrow people, don't forget. Going to be so weird watching this now with Trump being President. Its like this could happen.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Do we even have a proper title for the new OT? Then again this thread is short enough to contain both seasons is nobody is up for a new one.

Makonero

I think someone needs to volunteer to make a new one. I would but I'm currently as sick as a dog and don't feel like moving from my couch.

RPGCrazied

lol I had the same issue. I'm vaguely remembering events and there's no recap or anything to help me. The first episode is good though, feels like they've fixed some of their pacing issues

Don't speak so soon, mid season could be slow as fuck. First season had some slow episodes I almost fell asleep. But picked up again at the end, still I liked the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom