• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMC releases teasers for two new 2015 series: 'Humans' and 'Enter the Badlands'

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
2Zp7uYH.png

Teaser

"In the hope of transforming the way they live, one strained suburban family purchases a refurbished synth only to discover that sharing life with a machine has far-reaching and chilling consequences."

Written by British writing partnership Sam Vincent and Jonathan Brackley (Spooks), Humans is based on the award-winning Swedish sci-fi drama Real Humans.

Humans stars William Hurt, Katherine Parkinson, Tom Goodman-Hill, Colin Morgan, Rebecca Front, Neil Maskell, and Gemma Chan.

r6jKEXA.png

~

5s2IF3Y.png

Teaser

Into the Badlands is a genre-bending martial arts series very loosely based on the classic Chinese tale Journey to the West. In a land controlled by feudal barons, Into the Badlands tells the story of a great warrior and a young boy who embark on a journey across a dangerous land to find enlightenment.

The project was created by writers/showrunners Al Gough and Miles Millar (Shanghai Noon).

The show stars Hong Kong film star and master martial arts filmmaker Daniel Wu, Emily Beecham, Sarah Bolger and Oliver Stark.

MntORoV.jpg

Tabris

AMC may be working on becoming the new HBO.

Mad Men, The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul. That's an impressive lineup so far for them.

Mad Men and Breaking Bad are close to The Wire quality.

potam

Banned
Bandlands could be either fucking awesome, or amazingly shitty.

Mad Men and Breaking Bad are close to The Wire quality.

bruh...for real? I'm only 3 seasons into The Wire, and while it's good...it ain't got shit on BB.

So Enter the Badlands is going to be Dragon Ball without the Superman element? It could be worth watching if it is going to have choreographed martial arts fight sequences.

Humans on the other hand looks like a wait and see.

ivysaur12

Banned
Did Xbox have any hand in the development of the series or were they just the North American distribution partner?

I think they sort of did but I don't know. The whole Xbox thing was so bizarre. Like, so many people worked there! And all they had was this show they were like, sort of developing but acquiring but also co-producing? I dunno.

Seesaw15

bruh...for real? I'm only 3 seasons into The Wire, and while it's good...it ain't got shit on BB.

89754-SHEEIT-gif-Clay-Davis-The-Wire-R90q.gif

Neither show is perfect but the two shows set out to do different things so its silly to compare. Breaking Bad does wish fulfillment, noir pulp great and The Wire does epic journalistic drama equally well. Though I'd be interested to see if your opinion of the Wire changes after you see season 4.

I'm still of the opinion that AMC got lucky with Mad Men and Breaking Bad (Better Call Saul doesn't really count because of course they'd greenlight a prequel to Breaking Bad).

Kind of doubt whatever Humans is or a martial arts show from the guys who made Smallville will change my mind, unfortunately.

potam

Banned
89754-SHEEIT-gif-Clay-Davis-The-Wire-R90q.gif

Neither show is perfect but the two shows set out to do different things so its silly to compare. Breaking Bad does wish fulfillment, noir pulp great and The Wire does epic journalistic drama equally well. Though I'd be interested to see if your opinion of the Wire changes after you see season 4.

I see what you're saying, but in terms of production quality, storytelling, and acting, BB is head and shoulders above The Wire. I might start on S4 tonight, but the S3 finale took the wind out of my sails.
Stringer, man... :(

I'm still of the opinion that AMC got lucky with Mad Men and Breaking Bad (Better Call Saul doesn't really count because of course they'd greenlight a prequel to Breaking Bad).

Kind of doubt whatever Humans is or a martial arts show from the guys who made Smallville will change my mind, unfortunately.

For me Walking Dead hasn't been the same after the excellent season 1. And I do agree that it feels like they got lucky by landing Breaking Bad and Mad Men.

Swedish version of Humans (Real Humans) is pretty great, will be interesting to see if they've managed to capture the same feel and look of that version.

Seesaw15

The Killing , Low Winter Sun ,Rubicon,Turn ,Halt and Catch Fire.....AMC lucked out getting Mad Men and Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead has been mostly inconsistent. Hope they get a good non Vince Gilligan series.

Seesaw15

I see what you're saying, but in terms of production quality, storytelling, and acting, BB is head and shoulders above The Wire. I might start on S4 tonight, but the S3 finale took the wind out of my sails.
Stringer, man... :(

David Simon did go out of his way to shoot the Wire in an overly naturalistic style so compared to Gilligan's camera work they're not even in the same league. Overall I'd say BB is a more consistent ride
say what you will about season 2
while the Wire does have its slower seasons. Though I can say that The Wire Season 4 is one of the best seasons of TV ever produced.

fushi

Rubicon was great.

Also, would it be possible to not make every TV show thread a BB vs The Wire argument?

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
Bandlands could be either fucking awesome, or amazingly shitty.

Opinions could be either fucking awesome, or amazingly shitty.

Yours is the latter.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Into the badlands might be really good. It depends on how scifi they go (hopefully a lot), how good the actors are, and how good the fight choreography is.

On the flip it could just as easily be trash.

Humans core concept reminds me of that Almost human show on Fox a few years ago.

With all this said I hope AMC invest into some more grounded in modern reality dramas. Replacing Mad Men isn't going to be easy.

potam

Banned
No. The Wire is just that damn good. Keep watching.

I'm on episode 3 of S4. I agree it's good...I just feel BB had better storylines and character development.

So it gets better after season 2?
I'm near the end of season 2 and it's good but a step down from the first one and not as good as BB.

Yeah, I quit watching during season 2. Got back into it and S3 is a lot better.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
So it gets better after season 2?
I'm near the end of season 2 and it's good but a step down from the first one and not as good as BB.

S2 of The Wire is the weakest, yes.

Like others said, BB is great pulp but The Wire is real fuckin life.

Drazgul

Walt is cooler than Omar, therefore BB is also cooler than the Wire.

Badlands doesn't sound like something I'd care for, but will give Humans a shot; seen a bit of the original swedish version and it has potential for sure.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Did people turn on BB or something?

I'm a huuuge BB fan, I'm even drinking tea from my BB mug as I type this...but The Wire is in a completely different league than BB imo.

You can either take The Wire at face value as simple 'a cop show' (the same way so many people think that The Sopranos is simply 'a mob show'), or you can watch it as the multi-layered social commentary it was intended to be watched as. The latter is what makes it above anything else I've watched for me.

That may sound a little snooty, but I don't care. I love shows like BB when I want to be entertained. But sometimes I want something "more".

Walt is cooler than Omar, therefore BB is also cooler than the Wire.

Omar goes to the store to buy cereal in a motherfucking silk robe. And also collects a stash of drugs that he didn't even ask for along the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ9PaGeXyfY

Can't get cooler than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom