AMD's Ryzen 4000 CPUs based high-end gaming notebooks have been listed by several major retailers and are up for pre-order till their release on the 16th of March. The Zen 2 based line of high-performance gaming notebooks is going to deliver insane amounts of horsepower on par with some of the highest-end mainstream desktop CPUs available in the market today.
AMD Ryzen 4000 'Renoir' CPU Based High-End Gaming Notebooks Listed & Available For Pre-Order - Launching on 16th March
The AMD Ryzen 4000 Mobility CPU lineup, codenamed Renoir, is a force to be reckoned with. The performance numbers that we have seen so far put them on par with Intel's 9th Generation Core desktop processors and even AMD's own 3rd Gen Ryzen CPUs which is very impressive for these 35-45W chips. What's more impressive is that these Zen 2 based Gaming notebooks would feature prices comparatively lower than Intel-based parts with the same hardware.
Starting with the models, Newegg has a total of 8 ASUS ROG and ASUS TUF Gaming models listed for pre-order at various price points. The models are as below:
- ASUS ROG GA401IV-DS91 (Ryzen 9 4900HS / RTX 2060 Max-Q) - $2499.00 CAD
- ASUS ROG GA401IU-BS76 (Ryzen 7 4800HS / GTX 1660 Ti Max-Q) - $1699.00 CAD
- ASUS TUF Gaming TUF506IV-AS76 (Ryzen 7 4800H / RTX 2060 Max-Q) - $1599.00 CAD
- ASUS TUF Gaming TUF706IU-AS76 (Ryzen 7 4800H / GTX 1660) - $1499.00 CAD
- ASUS TUF Gaming TUF506IH-RS74 (Ryzen 7 4800H / GTX 1650) - $1199.00 CAD
- ASUS TUF Gaming TUF506IH-RS53 (Ryzen 5 4600H / GTX 1650) - $899.00 CAD
Comparing some Intel-based solutions with an RTX 2060 Max-Q, the prices on those start at around $2000 US which is definitely a much higher asking price than the AMD variants which seem to be priced around $1500 US while giving the same or even better performance with a more modern architecture that delivers higher battery times and a much quieter and cooler operation in gaming workloads.
Aside from that, Amazon China has listed down the ASUS TUF FA706IU Gaming notebook with the Ryzen 7 4800H & GTX 1660 Ti for 10,359 Chinese Yuan or roughly $1500 US. The laptop is said to be available on the 31st of March. Based on the listings, it looks like each retailer/region would be launching Ryzen 4000 notebooks at different dates with the North American and Canada markets getting prioritized first hence the earlier availability dates in those markets.
The AMD 3rd Gen Ryzen 4000 Mobility CPU Family Codenamed Renoir
So coming to the lineup first before we state each CPU's respective market positioning, the AMD Ryzen family is made up of two processor segments, the H-series, and the U-series. The H-series chips are aimed at higher performance notebooks with each CPU conforming to a TDP figure of 45W while special binned variants of each chip, branded with the 'HS' tag, will also be shipping with a 35W TDP. The family consists of the following announced and unannounced CPUs:
- AMD Ryzen 9 4900H/HS (8 Core / 16 Thread)
- AMD Ryzen 7 4800H/HS (8 Core / 16 Thread)
- AMD Ryzen 5 4600H/HS (6 Core / 12 Thread)
- AMD Ryzen 9 4900U (8 Core / 16 Thread)
- AMD Ryzen 7 4800U (8 Core / 16 Thread)
- AMD Ryzen 7 4700U (8 Core / 8 Thread)
- AMD Ryzen 5 4600U (6 Core / 12 Thread)
- AMD Ryzen 5 4500U (6 Core / 6 Thread)
- AMD Ryzen 3 4300U (4 Core / 4 Thread)
- AMD Athlon Gold 3150U (2 Core / 4 Thread)
- AMD Athlon Silver 3050U (2 Core / 2 Thread)
AMD Ryzen 4000 'Renoir' Mobility Processors Specifications
|Processor Name||Cores / Threads||Base Clock||Max Boost Clock||GPU CUs / SPs||TDP|
|AMD Ryzen 9 4900H||8 / 16||3.0 GHz||4.3 / 4.4 GHz||8 / 512||45W|
|AMD Ryzen 7 4800H||8 / 16||2.9 GHz||4.2 GHz||7 / 448||45W|
|AMD Ryzen 5 4600H||6 / 12||3.0 GHz||4.0 GHz||6 / 384||45W|
|AMD Ryzen 9 4900U||8 / 16||TBD||TBD||TBD||15W|
|AMD Ryzen 7 4800U||8 / 16||1.8 GHz||4.2 GHz||8 / 512||15W|
|AMD Ryzen 7 4700U||8 / 8||2.0 GHz||4.1 GHz||7 / 448||15W|
|AMD Ryzen 5 4600U||6 / 12||2.1 GHz||4.0 GHz||6 / 384||15W|
|AMD Ryzen 5 4500U||6 / 6||2.3 GHz||4.0 GHz||6 / 384||15W|
|AMD Ryzen 3 4300U||4 / 4||2.7 GHz||3.7 GHz||5 / 320||15W|
AMD's Ryzen 4000 CPUs based high-end gaming notebooks have been listed by several major retailers and will be available on 16th of March.