• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD: Both XSX and PS5 RDNA2 based and have Hardware RT

Heinrich

Banned
Why tflops don't actually matter

NEZXLiw.jpg

Very low effort. At least take your time. Aspect ratio is completely wrong.

0/10.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Explain this. You conveniently choose to ignore valid arguments. What do you think about this:
I analyzed all of that on the previous page. You just don't want to listen. Why does Sony not say that they use VRS, which is an official feature of RDNA2 as announced by AMD?

oxman2k

To many people think PS5 is RDNA 2 and 12-13tf on the words of so called insiders who are more than likely full of BS. People should expect the worst 9.2tf no RDNA 2 and a possible delay till 2021. Until Sony say different no one on neo gaf knows what's really going on with the PS5..

Last edited:

Fret Runner

I've read a few pages of this thread and I still have no idea what the hell RDNA 2.0 is and why it's so important.
Can't we all go back simpler times of talking about the power of the Cell?!
In short:
bb1402fe-f08a-4f5e-8148-20d9bed3cf4a_text.gif

ethomaz

Banned
To many people think PS5 is RDNA 2 and 12-13tf on the words of so called insiders who are more than likely full of BS. People should expect the worst 9.2tf no RDNA 2 and a possible delay till 2021. Until Sony say different no one on neo gaf knows what's really going on with the PS5..
It is not that too many thinks...
AMD themselves confirmed PS5 as being RDNA2.

Heinrich

Banned

I still thinks it’s super weird that Slowny didn’t say anything at all.

I mean they STARTED all the talk BEGINNING OF OCTOBER - then the stupid logo reveal, which was a slap in the face of many people and since then NOTHING!
We have to wait for AMD to sell us something about PS5.

WTF?

darkinstinct

I mean they STARTED all the talk BEGINNING OF OCTOBER - then the stupid logo reveal, which was a slap in the face of many people and since then NOTHING!

WTF?

Sony started to talk about PS5 in April 2019. So back then they were ready. And now in February they say that they are not ready yet to fully reveal the console. It's one of the weirdest strategies I have ever seen.

ethomaz

Banned

WTF?
Maybe they do that to guys like you enter in panic.

PS fans are fine and playing games while that.

And no. It is not wired at all... PS4 is having a massive launch of exclusives in the next 3 months.

Last edited:

Md Ray

I analyzed all of that on the previous page. You just don't want to listen. Why does Sony not say that they use VRS, which is an official feature of RDNA2 as announced by AMD?
It's so funny when I quoted AMD's own official slide mentioning "hardware-based ray tracing" for RDNA 2 matching with Sony's same "hardware-based ray tracing" for PS5 from CES 2020 to prove it's RDNA 2, you said I have a weird logic and then you go on to link an article made by nvidia LOL. What? And then you tried to push the narrative that somehow AMD's "hardware-based ray-tracing" and "hardware-accelerated ray-tracing" are different from one another when in actual fact, they're not, and I proved you wrong as AMD themselves use both the phrase interchangeably. The great lengths you guys will go to convince yourselves that XSX is exclusive to RDNA 2 is hilarious... LMAO.

Last edited:

Evilms

Banned
Sony started to talk about PS5 in April 2019. So back then they were ready. And now in February they say that they are not ready yet to fully reveal the console. It's one of the weirdest strategies I have ever seen.

PS4
Dreams
Nioh 2
Final Fantasy VII Remake
The Last Of Us Part 2
Ghost Of Tsushima

XB1
Ori 2

They're in too much of a hurry at Xbox to move on to the next gen to forget the current one, at Sony there's no hurry the PS5 will be unveiled when the right time comes, in the meantime they still have games to sell on PS4.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
PS4
Dreams
Nioh 2
Final Fantasy VII Remake
The Last Of Us Part 2
Ghost Of Tsushima

XB1
Ori 2

They're in too much of a hurry at Xbox to move on to the next gen to forget the current one, at Sony there's no hurry the PS5 will be unveiled when the right time comes, in the meantime they still have games to sell on PS4.
This is what happens every generation, as soon as the next Xbox box is rumoured the current console first party support dries up.

darkinstinct

PS4
Dreams
Nioh 2
Final Fantasy VII Remake
The Last Of Us Part 2
Ghost Of Tsushima

XB1
Ori 2

Then why did they start talking about it a year ago? Sony didn't do that with PS4, which had complete silence surrounding it until February 2013. Their strategy this time is just weird. Why not go to E3 with an easy 13 TF win against Xbox?

ethomaz

Banned
Then why did they start talking about it a year ago? Sony didn't do that with PS4, which had complete silence surrounding it until February 2013. Their strategy this time is just weird. Why not go to E3 with an easy 13 TF win against Xbox?
E3 is dead lol
If your strategy rely on E3 you are doing something very very wrong.

Their strategy is basically enjoy the moment and reveal the PS5 with everything you need to know late.

Nothing MS is doing is increasing interest while Sony is building hype with games.

yes amd had confirm that XSX and XSS both are using RDNA 2.

but where is the line about PS5?
I was looking the Amd video 10 times... i can't find the words about PS5....

only that Ps5 APU is CUSTOM...
Where did AMD sayd anything about the XSS🙄?
Stop pulling things out of your ass. The PS5 wil have RDNA2,
Its clear as hell, whats wrong with xboxfanatics, are you all butthurt??

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
This is what happens every generation, as soon as the next Xbox box is rumoured the current console first party support dries up.
That is something that MS keep doing and losing gamers trust late in the generation.
It is bad planning.

While that Sony is doing again the same win-win strategy they did with PS4.

Build hype and trust of their user base base releasing AAA games after AAA games near the next-generation launch.

Who will buy a console that you know will forget gamers exists from mid to end of the generation?

Sony the opposite never let gamers forget they will always have something to play even around the eminent new console launch.... that is called strategy.

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
Guys, stop feeding the trolls. It's been several pages of people twisting words because they are MS fanboys and can't bear to see a competitive console on the other side. This is just silly, AMD just confirmed PS5's GPU is based on RDNA2, that's it, let's move on.

Guys, stop feeding the trolls. It's been several pages of people twisting words because they are MS fanboys and can't bear to see a competitive console on the other side. This is just silly, AMD just confirmed PS5's GPU is based on RDNA2, that's it, let's move on.
No one is twisting words but the lot of you people, you're taking what is being said, playing connect the dots and trying to create a statement from that which was never said.

We're guarded, we're standoffish, we're saying they haven't definitively specified in relation to Sony's console what exactly the architecture makeup is, because neither Sony nor AMD has.

I don't see a single person saying "It's not RDNA 2.0", all I see like myself is a group of people not jumping the gun and taking loose statements to mean more than they do without official confirmation relating to a specific product.

How can none of you see this?

Azurro

Banned
No one is twisting words but the lot of you people, you're taking what is being said, playing connect the dots and trying to create a statement from that which was never said.

We're guarded, we're standoffish, we're saying they haven't definitively specified in relation to Sony's console what exactly the architecture makeup is, because neither Sony nor AMD has.

I don't see a single person saying "It's not RDNA 2.0", all I see like myself is a group of people not jumping the gun and taking loose statements to mean more than they do without official confirmation relating to a specific product.

How can none of you see this?

This is the type of bait I'm talking about guys. Let's not give in to this ridiculousness and move on to a new topic, ok? PS5 is RDNA2, deal with it.

This is the type of bait I'm talking about guys. Let's not give in to this ridiculousness and move on to a new topic, ok? PS5 is RDNA2, deal with it.
Absolutely incredible... Not one attempt to comprehend what is being said specifically to you and others. What I'm saying is the least unreasonable and most unbiased position in the thread based upon stated fact and still this is the response garnered.

Amazing.

Seriously? :rolleyes: Are you really playing this card?
It's not a card, I'm being genuine.

I'm literally saying in more words that we have a very strong idea of what it probably is (RDNA 2.0); however it hasn't been 100% confirmed that it is solely that so there's a slight possibility that it may be a hybrid.

Wait and see, that is all I am saying. You guys are losing your minds.

ethomaz

Banned
Absolutely incredible... Not one attempt to comprehend what is being said specifically to you and others. What I'm saying is the least unreasonable and most unbiased position in the thread based upon stated fact and still this is the response garnered.

Amazing.
That is absolutely bullshit.

Even you don’t want to believe in AMD, you spread fake news and tries to act as unbiased?

You are one of the most biased users pro MS in this site.

Nobody buys your lies.

nikolino840

E3 is dead lol
If your strategy rely on E3 you are doing something very very wrong.

Their strategy is basically enjoy the moment and reveal the PS5 with everything you need to know late.

Nothing MS is doing is increasing interest while Sony is building hype with games.
E3 Is Just a name ..

"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet"

For example....What's the differences about doing a streaming event in June at the e3 and not at the e3?

It's not a card, I'm being genuine.

I'm literally saying in more words that we have a very strong idea of what it probably is (RDNA 2.0); however it hasn't been 100% confirmed that it is solely that so there's a slight possibility that it may be a hybrid.

Wait and see, that is all I am saying. You guys are losing your minds.

No need to wait and see when the writing is on the wall lmao

I'm very sorry no one is bothering to humour your skeptism

No need to wait and see when the writing is on the wall lmao

I'm very sorry no one is bothering to humour your skeptism
I'm not a skeptic, and the writing 'being on the wall' still isn't a definitive confirmation.

There's an extremely strong indication that it is however due to how loose their statements are it entertains the slight possibility that it is not entirely that.

Last edited:
I'm completely serious, and the only people who are taking any of this seriously or with any modicum of tact are in the "they haven't conclusively specified yet" camp.

Anyone else is just full of crap, flat out.
OK then, tell me:

When they specifically mentioned BOTH NEXT GEN CONSOLES were using their latest RDNA tech... what consoles were they talking about? I am VERY curious to see how you selectively interpret that.

the little brother of XSX lockhard has RTX and PS5 not?

Megatron 🙀

from marketing standpoint Sony can tell:
we have now the most powerful lastgen console.. not bad at all.
most powerful is most powerful... no one can tell anything to that.

Last edited:

darkinstinct

OK then, tell me:

When they specifically mentioned BOTH NEXT GEN CONSOLES were using their latest RDNA tech... what consoles were they talking about? I am VERY curious to see how you selectively interpret that.
Xbox Series X and PS5, what else? Just latest RDNA tech does not imply RDNA2.

Now, both of you, stop it with the trolling. PS5 is RDNA2 unless something new happens.
You can call what we're saying "trolling" until the cows come home, but that doesn't make it so.

The coincidence in this is throwing together a bunch of loose statements and trying to compile them into a confirmation of RDNA 2.0 for the PlayStation 5 also doesn't make it so.

336647226657079299.png

Top Bottom