• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD Bundles Dead island 2 and The Callisto Protocol with Radeon RX 6000 Series

winjer

Gold Member

AMD has a lot of inventory to sell, that much we heard from board partners. To boost these sales a bit, they're now including "Dead Island 2" and "The Callisto Protocol" with Radeon RX 6000 graphics card purchases

Both games are included with new purchases of the Radeon RX 6600, RX 6600 XT, RX 6650 XT, RX 6700, RX 6700 XT, RX 6750 XT, RX 6800, RX 6800 XT, RX 6900 XT, and RX 6950 XT. New RX 6500 XT and RX 6400 orders will only include "Dead Island 2." The package is exclusive to certain markets and participating shops.

8JNimIi.jpg

This is really nice bundle of games.
Shaun The Sheep Movie Ok GIF

Eimran

How many times has Dead Island 2 been cancelled now?? I remember seeing the trailer 10 years ago when was still a student.

Skifi28

Seems like there's tons of stock to get rid of, interesting. I was looking for something in the 6600-6700 range and prices are coming down, but i think I'd rather wait for the equivalent 7 series next year.

Kadve

How many times has Dead Island 2 been cancelled now?? I remember seeing the trailer 10 years ago when was still a student.
Lets see:
Announced in 2014 as developed by Yager since 2012.
Yager is ousted in 2015 due to creative differences between them and Deep Silver
Sumo Digital is hired on in 2016.
Nothing is heard for several years other than it still being in development.
DeepSilver is bought by THQ Nordic (Now Embracer) in 2018
Project is handed over to Dambuster in 2019
Little is again heard until 2022 when its announced its going to launch the following year.

That's 11 years, 3 developers, 2 publishers and 3 possibly restarts.

Last edited:
Top Bottom