• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD Next Horizon Gaming Conference |OT| The One True Winner of E3

IYAOYAS2019

I plan on upgrading to a Ryzen 300 series cpu but I still see no reason to upgrade to a Radeon gpu. Which sucks because I really want to.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Let's create our own arbitrary metric, and show you how our product beats out the competition

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
wJo5OR3.png

jshackles

3 free months of Game Pass PC with purchase

5700 XT = $449
5700 = $379

The Fidelity X was hard to differentiate honestly, but the antilag feature sounds interesting if it's not a bunch of bs.

jshackles

Uncapped framerate on Gears 5 on PC, nice

demigod

$449 for reference, now add in another $50 for dual/triple fans and you're basically at 2060/2070 pricepoint.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
what is this song they are playing ?

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH it's randy shitford no microtransactions

Last edited:
This pricing isn't that impressive. You can already get 2070's almost at that price in Europe (direct $/€). The card is also not really fast enough to push 2080 pricing much lower so my overall feelings are sorta meh. I don't need an equal AMD alternative for the same price, I just need lower prices. They don't even seem to have any RT equivalent so they'll just lose on that account alone. $399 would've been a more compelling price point, but I can see why AMD doesn't really want to drop the prices as Nvidia can easily respond to that and still command high margins in the higher segments.

Xyphie

Get one of those Vega 56 on clearance for <$300 and mod it if you can live with 100W higher power. Better deal than the 5700.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
This pricing isn't that impressive. You can already get 2070's almost at that price in Europe (direct $/€). The card is also not really fast enough to push 2080 pricing much lower so my overall feelings are sorta meh. I don't need an equal AMD alternative for the same price, I just need lower prices. They don't even seem to have any RT equivalent so they'll just lose on that account alone. $399 would've been a more compelling price point, but I can see why AMD doesn't really want to drop the prices as Nvidia can easily respond to that and still command high margins in the higher segments.
That is the most intelligent post i read today wow.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
The pricing could be better, but it's not terrible. But AMD has made it that much easier for nvidia to come and just announce a price drop on the RTX series to instantly make the AMD cards worthless.

Top Bottom