• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD Radeon HD 6700 Specifications

Dennis

Banned
Radeon HD 6700 will be the first series based on AMD's second generation DirectX 11 GPUs.

Nordic Hardware said:
Both graphics cards sport AMD's Barts GPU that like current circuits is made with 40 nanometer technology. As hinted by previous rumors Radeon HD 6770 will get performance that surpasses Radeon HD 5850, with both higher FLOPS and better memory bandwidth.

AMD Radeon HD 6770 (Barts XT) comes with 1280 stream processors (HD 5850: 1440) that is spread across four clusters. Even though it has fewer stream processors HD 6770 has the same amount of ROPs and a bit fewer texture units.

With an impressive GPU clock frequency of 900 MHz the card has considerably higher theoretic performance than Radeon HD 5850, 2.30 TFlops vs. 2.08 TFlops. Texture performance has increase from 52.2 GTexel/s to 57.6 GTexel/s and pixelfillrate is even higher than the current Radeon HD 5870.

Little brother Radeon HD 6750 (Barts Pro) has similar specifications but fewer stream processors and lower GPU clock frequency. With numbers positioned between Radeon HD 5770 and HD 5870 the card looks like a directy reply to NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460.

Even though AMD uses the same manufacturing technology it has managed to lower power consumption even further considering the performance it offers. Radeon HD 6770 will performance better than HD 5850 and consumes less power at load and idle, 146 watt and 23 watt respectively.

Link: http://www.nordichardware.com/news/...adeon-hd-6700-specifications-in-the-wild.html

Why did I have to buy a 5850 last month when there was going to be a card for half the price that'd perform better?

Slow the fuck down technology.

DieH@rd

Banned
Awesome, i cant wait to buy one 6770 this year, with little luck even maybe 6850.

So far, stats looks great, gimme now some benchs!

mr_nothin

Banned
I'm an AMD/ATI guy. These cards sound awesome but as a guy that edits in Adobe Premiere Pro CS5....I cant say I'm too excited for these cards. Adobe needs to support ATI cards for GPU acceleration in PP CS5 dammit!

:(

I want my new card to be an ATI card (judging by the rumors) but it seems like Nvidia it is :/

Dennis

Banned
mr_nothin said:
I'm an AMD/ATI guy. These cards sound awesome but as a guy that edits in Adobe Premiere Pro CS5....I cant say I'm too excited for these cards. Adobe needs to support ATI cards for GPU acceleration in PP CS5 dammit!

:(

I want my new card to be an ATI card (judging by the rumors) but it seems like Nvidia it is :/
Do you know if the Mercury Engine has started supporting the GTX480 cards?

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
it's great that I'm Photoshop guy and not Premiere Pro guy.

Looking forward to 6880, not really interested in these cards.

Zaptruder

Banned
Fuckin' ATI drivers are some terribad shit.

Downloaded their latest drivers after reformatting and fresh installing windows 7; black bars around my main monitor (connected via HDMI). Easily fixed enough; go to overscan and set it to 0%.

Except it just wouldn't save. Every time the monitor had to reinitialize or perform a DRM handshake, it would appear with black borders again.

After about a hour of frustration and googling, I found the hotfix drivers for them on their own website. (These things are never a hotfix; they're basically a different set of drivers that overwrite the old one).

Why the fuck wouldn't they just put the hotfix drivers up as the latest drivers on the main catalyst download page??

This isn't to say that nvidia are perfect... not in my experience they aren't. But jesus, I just wish they (ATI) would test their shit properly before releasing it. Breaking shit that wasn't broken, and telling consumers to download the latest drivers to fix other issues is not a teneable situation.

Zaptruder said:

Downloaded their latest drivers after reformatting and fresh installing windows 7; black bars around my main monitor (connected via HDMI). Easily fixed enough; go to overscan and set it to 0%.

Except it just wouldn't save. Every time the monitor had to reinitialize or perform a DRM handshake, it would appear with black borders again.

After about a hour of frustration and googling, I found the hotfix drivers for them on their own website. (These things are never a hotfix; they're basically a different set of drivers that overwrite the old one).

Why the fuck wouldn't they just put the hotfix drivers up as the latest drivers on the main catalyst download page??

This isn't to say that nvidia are perfect... not in my experience they aren't. But jesus, I just wish they (ATI) would test their shit properly before releasing it. Breaking shit that wasn't broken, and telling consumers to download the latest drivers to fix other issues is not a teneable situation.

I had that too, but it started only after I bought a new monitor with a higher resolution than the previous one. I'm also fortunate enough not to have it reset every time.

Maxrunner

Zaptruder said:

i have this same problem, can you give me a link?

llien

UPDATE: oh my, not that 6700.... :messenger_hushed:

Seems to be faster than 3070 (with SAM) in normal games (slower in the handful of those, which are dubbed "RT")

Hn3oyEG.png

Dy0gFTf.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom