• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD reconfirms that both Zen3 and RDNA2 cards will release later this year

replicant-

I'm interested in seeing how RDNA 2 fares against current RTX and Ampere. Less so in Ryzen 3 as i won't be upgrading from the 3800x this year. I may however swap out the 2070 super.

SantaC

I'm interested in seeing how RDNA 2 fares against current RTX and Ampere. Less so in Ryzen 3 as i won't be upgrading from the 3800x this year. I may however swap out the 2070 super.
I am in same boat. Happy with my 3700x but need to swap put my 1080 gtx.

SantaC

Updated slides of roadmap:

AMD-Compute-Architecture-Roadmap-CPU-2017-2022-410x231.png

AMD-Gaming-GPU-Architecture-Roadmap-2019-2022-410x231.png

AMD-Data-Center-CPU-Roadmap-2017-2022-410x231.png

God Enel

So when’s this shit going to release. I wanted to build a new pc around cyberpunk time. Will the new CPUs /GPUs be released by the time cp2077 hits?

ZywyPL

Banned
Wonder what/if anything new will be in Zen3, DDR5 and PCIE5 are out of the question, 5nm as well, so what else can they offer compared to Zen2 CPUs? Slightly higher clocks/IPC?

T-Cake

Do folk not think that DLSS is a good enough reason to stick with nVidia? I don't think AMD have mentioned an equivalent yet.

Last edited:

Zeypher

Perfect plan to build a new system at the end of the year of start of next. My current system is getting old 7700k and a 1080 gtx.

llien

That is for the third time, by the way.
But then, investors keep asking (after reading crap on the internet?)

I'm interested in seeing how RDNA 2 fares against current RTX and Ampere.
It is very likely to beat similarly priced at both performance and power consumption.
Which is why it is important to watch as many misleading videos about (artifact prone upscaling also known as) DLSS as you can. Don't be confused, if they confirm 7870x2 to 2080Ti, that is OK.

Last edited:

Dampf

Do folk not think that DLSS is a good enough reason to stick with nVidia? I don't think AMD have mentioned an equivalent yet.
It's currently not widespread enough to be considered a killer feature.

It's on a good way though, most of the coming big hitters for PC do support it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom