• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD releases creepy Hair rendering tech demo.

martino

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but that seems an accurate representation of dandere character.

/jk of course

GymWolf

tenor.gif
I was waiting for this gif.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
What a strange way to demo your hair tech, that hair doesn’t move naturally at all
Oh no, it is realistic, if she washed her hair with epoxy glue .... or if they are made of lead.In the next video they will showcase their hair technology with Agent 47 from Hitman.

Kuranghi

w9HI0Du.gif

Ok, which gaffer designed this?

I think we all know it was Javthusiast Javthusiast

shes cute

how much for her?

That reminded of that poster who's sexual fantasy was to give a woman a haircut

Isn't it every man's fantasy to make a girl cry while shaving her head?

k7EC0ot.gif

She looks like she's dancing under duress.
It's like she forced to dance.

"I've paid good money for this. If I said dance, you better fucking dance!"

Yeah exactly, should've gone with something that invovled more passion, like this majesty of ooc cringe:

giphy.gif

Yeah, this is bizarre, don't try and simulate a style of hair that doesn't look natural in the first place, lets get loose flowing hair right first eh.

Last edited:

MastaKiiLA

Umm yes it does. It not mimicking loose hair it’s doing styled hair and doing a good job at it.
Eh...I think most first impressions will be that the hair isn't moving realistically. I get the purpose of the demo though. It looks good. It just doesn't move realistically at all. Would've been better with minimal movement of the character model.

What game is this from, the gameplay looks great!

Seriously, the video seems like a stylized model of an average dancer. Not sure why they picked up that for the air demo, they seem to bounce naturally, which I think is rare for hair this sort in game.

Last edited:

KungFucius

King Snowflake
It still looks like it has an unphysical force holding it all together. Even at that length it real hair would move more.

Tsaki

Don't know what they were going with this. It's not even that impressive as hair tech. Last year we saw a Frostbite demo with a mannequin. Now that was worth talking about

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Lmao, I wish I was able to create 3d models like this.

smug GIF

Though I gotta ask, what's up with companies recently creating these virtual girls, knowing they will be rule 34 in hours. First Samsung Sam, now we have this one.
I am convinced they know what they are doing.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
AMD didn't actually make this, just the hair tech, which is open source. You can find the library here.
Another company made this "virtual influencer" and tech demo, you can find more pics of her here:

AMD just posted the video to showcase the tech and how it handles styled hair, which is very good.

Top Bottom