• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD's FreeSync Coming to Xbox Console Family

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Just open your monitor menu. The information tap will show you what resolution it is

Its odd because the monitor shows its in 4k which the monitor obviously doesnt do but I guess its just reading the signal from the X.

I have had this monitor a couple of months and it has always showed my signal as being 4k and you're right its still showing it as 4k even though my X is showing 1440.

Zuzzissm0

Its odd because the monitor shows its in 4k which the monitor obviously doesnt do but I guess its just reading the signal from the X.

I have had this monitor a couple of months and it has always showed my signal as being 4k and you're right its still showing it as 4k even though my X is showing 1440.
Because of this I think the Xbox is switching to 4K when HDR kicks in. At first I recognized this with freesync and thought it is a bug with it but it is only with HDR. Nevertheless it’s only since the VRR update. I don’t want my monitor doing the scaling. I want a nice downsampled picture

Last edited:

Zannegan

Good on Microsoft. Hopefully this is a sign that VRR will become a standard feature in TVs in the not too distant future, much like HDR is this year.

VRR should bring latency numbers down by default as well, no? Sigh... probably just wishful thinking on my part.
EDIT: Just watched the video that Ilien posted. Looking like a solid maybe on the latency thing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom