• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

America Has Opted for a Bad Recession

Nov 23, 2010

Really sad to see but business leaders and government bureaucrats have really done a number on the US.

I saw on TV that in just 9 weeks there are more unemployment claims now than there were during the Great Recession which lasted about 18 months. Unbelievable...

Also, consumer prices excluding food and energy saw the biggest monthly decline since the US started tracking that data in the 1950s. So, that means the government created all this money and banks deferred tons of loans yet that still wasn't a fraction of what's needed to get the US back on track. Struggling to see how America comes back from this in a good spot because this going to require some true outside the box thinking to save the country from a terrible future...

• Thoughtful
Reactions: DunDunDunpachi

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Yep, and the worst part is that the bailouts mostly still trickled up into the biggest corporations.

Let's just unleash the inflation and get it over with. Millennials didn't expect to retire anyway.

I'm hopeful that we will at least keep our heads above water, but it's gonna be a rough couple of years even if we fire on all cylinders.

Reactions: HeresJohnny

Arkam

Jan 21, 2012
Here, Now and maybe later
Le Sad.... It really seems like the powers that rule us want the recession. Fighting the impact of governemnt mandated lockdowns with poorly planned stimulus. LIke a nice 1-2 combo. I really (really) hope that our leaders are just dumb. The other options too disturbing to believe.