• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

- Washington Post with a list of ICC matches this Summer:
International Champions Cup matches

July 19: Roma vs. PSG, venue tba

July 20: Manchester United vs. Manchester City, venue tba

July 22: Tottenham Hotspur vs. PSG in Orlando

July 22: Juventus vs. Barcelona in East Rutherford, N.J.

July 23: Real Madrid vs. Manchester United in Santa Clara, Calif.

July 25: Tottenham Hotspur vs. Roma in Harrison, N.J.

July 26: Barcelona vs. Manchester United in Landover, Md.

July 26: PSG vs. Juventus in Miami

July 26: Manchester City vs. Real Madrid in Los Angeles

July 29: Manchester City vs. Tottenham Hotspur in Nashville

July 29: Barcelona vs. Real Madrid in Miami

July 30: Juventus vs. Roma in Foxborough, Mass.

ESPN outlets will provide coverage of the ICC matches.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
It's going to be hard for me to stay up all night to watch the match. I hate being on the East Coast when there's any live events starting late on the West Coast.

Anyway, weather has been wet all day in the Bay Area, but it should be mostly clearing out by tonight. It'll be a reasonable temperature. The field will hopefully hold up this evening.

I'm headed down in a few minutes to pregame and then head to Avaya. Should be fun!

- MLS Analyst: Tactical preview of USA vs. Honduras

Lineup here is what most of the journalists have predicted.

RBH

Josef Martinez was injured on international duty with Venezuela and is heading back to the United States for evaluation. The report says he tweaked his left thigh, and after the match head coach Rafael Dudamel said he would release Martinez back to Atlanta, saying, ”I do not think it's good for Josef to travel. This muscle tightness can take 10 days of recovery."

Martinez was subbed off of Venezuela's match with Peru in the 59th minute, replaced by Yangel Herrera and walking off under his own power. Venezuela drew the match 2-2, blowing a 2-goal halftime lead and leaving them bottom of the table, 14 points back of the intercontinental playoff spot.

Obviously that 10-day recovery is more ideal than any other long-term prognosis, but it would still see him miss a road visit to Seattle next Friday. The 23-year-old has a whopping five goals in his first three MLS games with Atlanta and has been a force. Brandon Vazquez and Bryan Rochez are the two options currently on Atlanta's roster to replace the Venezuelan in the lineup.

Martinez was signed on loan from Serie A side Torino, but the move was made permanent last week.
http://soccer.nbcsports.com/2017/03/24/atlanta-uniteds-josef-martinez-injured-on-international-duty/

Carlos Bocanegra tells @929TheGame that Josef Martinez will have a MRI in Atlanta tomorrow
https://twitter.com/MikeConti929/status/845267347753619457

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

gutshot

C7upfv-W4AEJeDD

Lineup is officially out. I like it.

Mory Dunz

Don't agree with holden saying Honduras started well.
They were organized defensively, but that many bad defensive clearances and lack of possession isn't a "good start"

anyhoo, game is good so far

edit:
ah c'mon bradley. That wasn't too difficult a pass.

Top Bottom