• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 3 | Where release dates are made up and preorders don't matter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

skaflone721

Neo Member
Maitiú;152415194 said:
You seem to know though. You seem to know that if these traders didn't grab their extras to trade with others, then everyone would be better off. The point is that they are keeping amiibos inside the amiibo collector community without hurting the community's economy/wallet, while the scalper is only wrecking the community's wallets. Not everyone will get one of everything no matter how they are distributed. Only Nintendo can make that happen by producing more. After people finish their collections they won't need to concern themselves with using any remaining extras as leverage, and they can sell them for MSRP + whatever other costs involved. If they don't, then they aren't traders, they are resellers, and then yes, they are just as useless as scalpers. Just remember, amiibos are the stupidest fucking "1st world" problem for people to have - If you aren't having fun, you're not doing it right.

Do you realize how silly it sounds when you say "keep it in the community"? You didn't care enough to let the community get their chance, but surely, you'd love to help them out get that same Amiibo they could have had a chance at, in exchange for something valuable they have, just so you can benefit off them.

And it doesn't matter whether I know people would be better off or not. Perhaps you don't go to other boards, and these boards might be a lot tamer, but other places like Scofield94941 said are going crazy over getting extras. When you see post after post of people going "Just got 3 Ikes, gonna keep one, trade one, and open one" then you can see it's a problem not just from the scalpers side, but "the community" as well. While you see dozens of other posts of people going "damn, I couldn't even make it through checkout".

The justifications all of you guys are using are piss poor. This "tactic" against the scalpers only serves to make the situation worse and in no time will be as bad as the "scalper" problem.

Morning Amiibros. So this conversation is still going on? Awesome. Let me know when someone actually changes the mind or opinion of someone via Internet debate. I thought we agreed to take this to PM or create a scalper/trade thread for this to take place in instead of clogging up the thread for the 13th hour. Can we not let this follow this into the new awesomely named OT?

Damian.

Banned
For the first time in months I was actually able to walk into a store and buy a Fox Amiibo, my TRU had 4, also had 2 Lucario and a Toon Link in the glass game case, limit 1 per customer. This was apparently the first restock since release, and they only got 3 Lucario in.

Morning Amiibros. So this conversation is still going on? Awesome. Let me know when someone actually changes the mind or opinion of someone via Internet debate. I thought we agreed to take this to PM or create a scalper/trade thread for this to take place in instead of clogging up the thread for the 13th hour. Can we not let this follow this into the new awesomely named OT?

You know how a select few said they felt guilty after I brought this up yesterday? Now I'm the one who feels guilty. I thought this conversation died after myself and others summarized it and moved on.

Anyone with an extra Ike or Mega Man they want to straight up sell? I might have a trade lined up for Lucario which I'll take if I can't find them, but I'd prefer not to lose my Lucario.

Is anyone else surprised by that Amiibo pie chart that breaks down shipment by region? I am in my car so I can't post it. 63% for NA blows my mind as I feel we can't find them anywhere. also all the pictures of European stock have made us in NA drool. It really doesn't make sense to me unless a large quantity of the figures really are in those gridlocked shipping containers on the west coast.

Edit: plus think how many NA has imported from Europe and Japan

Is anyone else surprised by that Amiibo pie chart that breaks down shipment by region? I am in my car so I can't post it. 63% for NA blows my mind as I feel we can't find them anywhere. also all the pictures of European stock have made us in NA drool. It really doesn't make sense to me unless a large quantity of the figures really are in those gridlocked shipping containers on the west coast.

Edit: plus think how many NA has imported from Europe and Japan

What surprises me more is them saying they're "considering" reprinting characters that sold out really fast. Honestly, what is there to even consider?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom