• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibos up for preorder

Exile20

u6bCtr8.png

wCmRpBV.png

5vk3aHs.png

Oh shopto is banned? didnt know

Mr-Joker

Banned
I can deal with them being £12.85.

Still going to suck my wallet dry, man I really need to get a job to pay for them.

jeffers

guessing its a guesstimate? given prototypes 2 weeks ago and its 5 odd months out? whats shoptos history with price guessibg?

edit: in regards to price promise, surely its in their interest to ensure their guess is higher than itll actually be? (if they undercut, then itll cost them.)

Grizzo

Woah these are pretty expensive... that's something like 16 euros or 22 dollars

Are they gonna cost the same in retail? I guess the answer is yes but I just wanted to make sure it was

Edit: Alright, if that's only a guess then I'm cool with it. Because otherwise that's a steep price.

Muzy72

Banned
I think ShopTo is just guessing on the price. I don't think even Nintendo themselves know exactly how much the plan on charging.

I would hope that is just a conservative guess from ShopTo so they can get pre-orders up and running. If they are indeed planning to launch them at about £13 that puts Amiibo in the price range of the Swap Force Skylanders (regular and Lightcore Skylanders are about £8-9) which is far too much considering they don't have any extra gimmick.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Weird that the figurines seem to be listed twice: a 3DS version and a WiiU one.

Azuardo

Reason why ShopTo is banned:

Why will you not let me post links to ShopTo you twat. They have good deals too you know?
In 2008, ShopTo had some problems that led to some of their customer's credit card details leaking out. This was never proven, but some people, including some Gaffer's had credit card problems around the time of the supposed leak, and swear ShopTo were the cause – some of these people had credit cards ONLY used on that site. ShopTo quickly fixed the flaw, and allowed PayPal to be used to make things even safer, but it was too late, and the site’s url got banned from NeoGAF. ShopTo deals are still posted at times, but without a link. It seems no one has had any big problems with the site recently, and ShopTo can now, more or less, be considered safe to buy from, you just have to navigate there yourself.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=504187

Slowdive

Banned
Yeah, why are they banned?

When I live in the UK I ordered everything from them! Great service and usually cheap too.

Pretty sure it's because they leaked credit card details and lied about it.

Edit: Beaten.

I use them all the time too, usually always get stuff early when pre-ordering.

XaosWolf

I'll preorder Fox, Kirby and Samus I guess, just in case the price goes higher. But it had better lower. =/

And I use ShopTo all the time. They're pretty spot on.

EDIT: Toon Link will be mine once that arrives. And hoping for the 3rd party characters too. Particularly Pac-Man! =D

Glass Rebel

To steep to buy more than Link, Samus and Pit... and Marth... maybe Fox too... Mario and Donkey Kong look nice too though... and I'd need Peach and Zelda... so while I'm at it...

Khrno

guessing its a guesstimate? given prototypes 2 weeks ago and its 5 odd months out? whats shoptos history with price guessibg?

Even if their guestimates are wrong, they're know for having low day one prices, maybe not the lowest for every title, but far from what high street retailers charge. So I can see GAME charging £15 for the figures.

Regarding ShopTo, they might have had that problem years ago, but their actual service and reliability is ways better than other popular cheap like Zavvi and The Hut.

For the past 3 years or so, every single day one game, way over 60 I'd say, I've pre-ordered (aside from a few special LE deals from GAME or Amazon) has been from ShopTo since I believe they have the best delivery times for pre-orders and are also on the cheapest range across the board.

Kings fan

Samus is the slickest looking one of the bunch.

Will probably start with those two and maybe Link if the final version is more polished. Would rather have Toon Link or OOT Link though.

Why do the WFT and Villager occupy two slots each? I'm just taking a shot in the dark here, but are they maybe placeholders for their male/female counterparts? I know my sister would love to have a female villager amiibo.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
*Sigh*

Guess I gotta collect them all.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Too expensive, I was expecting around £7.99 at most.

Tortimer

I really want that Animal Crossing Villager one for the 3DS. Have they announced any 3DS compatible games for the amiibos?

Why do the WFT and Villager occupy two slots each? I'm just taking a shot in the dark here, but are they maybe placeholders for their male/female counterparts? I know my sister would love to have a female villager amiibo.
I really hope so.

I want the male Wii Fit Trainer really bad, and I'd prefer the female Villager too.

megalowho

I really want that Animal Crossing Villager one for the 3DS. Have they announced any 3DS compatible games for the amiibos?
That's the one I want the most as well, curious to see how it interacts with other games. Zelda and Link would round out my top 3.

Top Bottom