• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Among Us Console Port is Possible

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Among Us saw a surprising burst of popularity this summer. The game may have released back in 2018, but it's one of the most popular indie titles to play in 2020. As it stands now, Among Us is only available on Android, iOS, and PC, and from the current look of things it won't be releasing on other platforms anytime soon.

That said, Among Us' developer InnerSloth has a hopeful message for those looking to enjoy the game on platforms such as the PS4 and the Xbox One. While playing Among Us with a group of Twitch streamers, InnerSloth co-founder and programmer Forest Willard claimed the studio was looking into porting the recently announced Among Us 2 over to consoles.

Willard also explained why Among Us isn't on consoles already, as its communication system makes the game difficult to port. InnerSloth would have to create a new quick comms system that supports players queuing up in public lobbies, similar to Rocket League. He said he doesn't know if InnerSloth would be able to implement an in-game voice chat for consoles, and it would have to create a friend list system, otherwise the game wouldn't work as well.

Last edited:

DarkestHour

Banned
I'm entirely convinced this is a paid promotion. Within the past week or two, social media has been absolutely blasted with this game.

Bridges

It is crazy to me that this game is getting such a huge audience right now when equally cheap games that do the concept better (like Town of Salem or "Murder" in Garry's Mod) have existed for years.

I saw they're already working on an Among Us 2

A.Romero

They just announced that Among us 2 is canceled. Instead, they are going to focus in reworking the code of the current game and implement the improvements there.

I think it's the best choice (why risk losing the huge user base) and opens up the possibility of console ports.

These guys should be making bank. Hiring capable developers should not be an issue.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
It is crazy to me that this game is getting such a huge audience right now when equally cheap games that do the concept better (like Town of Salem or "Murder" in Garry's Mod) have existed for years.

I saw they're already working on an Among Us 2
Equally cheap? The game is free on Android.

ZywyPL

Banned
OP is acting kinda of sus... ;D

It's amazing how much traction a 2yo game can get, I guess Covid lockdowns are the ones to be thankful for, but then again, the game is pure fun and engagement, it's all well deserved.

Reactions: MrS
Top Bottom