• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anúna (Irish/Celtic choral ensemble) to participate in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 OST

MomoQca

Link

At this point the name An Uaithne became ANÚNA, and Michael's music developed and grew. Today, they travel all over the world and have become the defining voice of Irish choral music. Their unique nature has allowed them to collaborate with hugely diverse artists and musicians. This February alone, they collaborated with a Japanese Noh theatre company in Tokyo for a hugely successful presentation based on Yeats' At the Hawk's Well featuring a full score written by Michael. The same week, they provide the haunting vocals for the latest iteration of the highly anticipated video game Xenoblade Chronicles.

Link

PsWaD5V.png

Link

Credit goes to skypunch for screenshotting the last two images

Makonero

People crap on XCX's soundtrack but honestly the music in these games is so distinctive and wonderful. Can't wait to see what XC2 has in store.

omg, this is gonna be an amazing soundtrack.

I really hope they release a teaser with this style in a trailer or something. Hearing it will nourish my soul.

Randomizer

Wow this soundtrack will be something special. Mitsuda seems to be very passionate about it. To be honest anything but Swano is an upgrade but Mitsuda is legitimately one of the Top 5 composers in the business.

skypunch

Banned
Thanks for crediting me MomoQca.

Some examples of the challenging choral music they perform:

Anúna - O Maria
https://youtu.be/9PIiwqUgr0M

Anúna - The White Rose
https://youtu.be/Z-LVDOltHaw

Anúna - Dúlamán:
https://youtu.be/D6srNv6W0RE

Anúna - Victimae
https://youtu.be/kHPrDVNavd4

Anúna - Fill, Fill a Rún
https://youtu.be/1aXWu3JuPNQ

Anúna - Lux Aeterna /The Road of Passage
https://youtu.be/I0JYfO-efKA

And this track which isn't purely choral music, but still amazing:

https://youtu.be/MkK8mOK4GXo

18-Volt

So, soundtrack is being done right now. Wonder what this tells about development completion percentage of the game. Can they really launch the game before year ends?

So, soundtrack is being done right now. Wonder what this tells about development completion percentage of the game. Can they really launch the game before year ends?

Soundtrack is usually the last major thing to be wrapped up so it's not impossible. But that release date is still super sketchy.

I think there's actually a pretty decent chance it comes out by the end of the year... in Japan

Nairume

Banned
Unless something goes wrong in development, I imagine it's at least out in Japan in December, and the west by next spring.

Ridley327

I think there's actually a pretty decent chance it comes out by the end of the year... in Japan

Soraya Saga seems pretty confident about this. I don't think it's entirely impossible for it to hit worldwide at the same time, but Nintendo is going to need Mario a hell of a lot more.

novenD

WHAT

8aDPSkX.gif

We haven't had an Irish vocalist group on a Nintendo soundtrack since Endless Ocean 2.

Mitsuda+this group=OST of the year

Heartfyre

Not a thread title I expected to see this evening.

Great news, though. I do love how a number of Japanese composers take inspiration from Irish music.

Ridley327

is this a good thing for a release this year ?

Soundtracks tend to be recorded fairly late in the game, so I do think this does bode well for the game's release in Japan this year. The real question is in the west, which will depend on how quickly Treehouse can get cracking on the localization, whether they do it internally or contract it out to someone like 8-4.

Soundtracks tend to be recorded fairly late in the game, so I do think this does bode well for the game's release in Japan this year. The real question is in the west, which will depend on how quickly Treehouse can get cracking on the localization, whether they do it internally or contract it out to someone like 8-4.

8-4 is confirmed NOT to be doing this localization. It's too large of a project that they can get to with everything they're working on. Chances are Europe's picking up the slack.

skypunch

Banned

8-4 have confirmed they're not working on it. I hope this mean we'll get an NoE localisation. The game would be better for it

Give me less of WOAH, WOAH, WOAH-OO-WOAH-OH and I'll be happy. The song that plays in the Administrative District in NLA haunts me to this day.

XCX had so many good tracks, what the fuck were they thinking with that one?

Teuoxton

OH MY GOODNESS! I am a sucker for Irish music.

My hype levels are increasing now despite the reveal trailer.

The Giant

Banned

Well, it's been in development for nearly 2 years now. They have the engine from Xenoblade X which saves alot of dev time.

It sounds like a very big deal to her, so could her solo song actually be the game's ending theme?

It could be possible like how Sarah Àlainn sang the ending song for Xenoblade that was composed by Mitsuda. I guess we'll know when the game comes out or the OST track listing drops for the game.

rewkol

I was already sold on XC2, but it's just sounding better and better as that Winter 2017 release approaches!

skypunch

Banned
It sounds like a very big deal to her, so could her solo song actually be the game's ending theme?

Could go either way. She's a soprano, so perhaps Mitsuda wrote a piece of music that only needed that specific style of singing, but I hope for her it is true. Being handpicked by Mitsuda to sing the ending theme to a Xenoblade game is something to be proud of.

Instro

Lot of potential for this soundtrack. Wouldn't be surprised if it's best in the series. Admittedly not super hard to do, but nonetheless.

I loved similar types of ost like the one in Endless Ocean 2, so ima glad they changed from Sawano to this. The first game had amazing music, and even if I like some sewano stuff the ost of X was pretty meh.

8-4 have confirmed they're not working on it. I hope this mean we'll get an NoE localisation. The game would be better for it

A thousand times yes. Hope nintendo comprehends how quintasemtial was the british dub for some of the original game's popularity.

Top Bottom