• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

An 11-year-old found meth inside a copy of Grand Theft Auto V

tauroxd

As reported by Kotaku, a Florida mom who recently purchased a used copy of Grand Theft Auto V for her 11-year-old son took to Facebook to share the story of the shocking bonus her kid found inside. According to the woman, Kayla McAllister, her child opened the game's two-page excuse for an instruction booklet and discovered what police later confirmed to be a small baggie containing six grams of meth. ”Thankfully he brought it right to us and said ‘what is this?,'" McAllister wrote in her Facebook note, alongside a photo of the drugs.

According to McAllister, a completely oblivious GameStop district manager called and offered a presumably meth-free replacement, to which she replied, ”Um, no thank you I will not be using your company again."

The whole story here or here

I have always been reluctant to by things second handed because I don't know where those things come from or where they have been, but this speaks more about how bad GameStop is, de don't even bother to check what they sell.

Chris1

Wtf is a mother buying GTAV for a 11 year old anyways?

I was playing GTA before I was 11. I get it's a lot more graphic now but I don't think it's that bad honestly, at 11 you've probably seen and done much worse than what you will see in GTA (other than the killing virtual people part LOL)

I thought it was an weird story about someone buying the game on ebay or craigslist...

It being on a GameStop makes it weirder. Gamestop must've paid 1/5 of the market value for the meth.

De-mon

What if...

Ibd8rxdyKlTe8.gif

Buckle

Wtf is a mother buying GTAV for a 11 year old anyways?
I thought the meth was a pre-order bonus?
A lot of parents aren't that cautious about exposing kids to stuff rated for adults these days, unfortunately.

My mother let me play all the resident evil titles and watch gory slasher flicks and I had a tiny nephew that my brother bought a copy of Vice City.

Never too late to learn how to run over a hooker I guess.

To all you defending the 11 year old kid playing GTA, wtf?

I'm sure you all played it at that age but I doubt your mom specifically went out and bought that for you.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I was playing GTA before I was 11. I get it's a lot more graphic now but I don't think it's that bad honestly, at 11 you've probably seen and done much worse than what you will see in GTA.

There's a reason why the game is rated 18/M as it isn't appropriate for an 11 year old child to play due to the adult content in the game.

And judging from I have seen there is no way I would let my 11 year child play it.

I never bother with Gamestop. After being offered very little for my games and it being turned around to sell for higher, I rather just keep the games to myself.

SystemUser

I thought it was an weird story about someone buying the game on ebay or craigslist...

It being on a GameStop makes it weirder. Gamestop must've paid 1/5 of the market value for the meth.

Trade in value for GTA V is about $13 bucks. According to google 6 grams of meth might cost as much as $300-500 (USD).

Sure, but how many of us played GTA games at that age? I did. Or at least before 17.

11 year old are still in elementary (it's May so I assume he is finishing fifth grade right now). There was nothing like GTA when I was in elementary. Mortal Kombat came out when I was in middle school, but it is not nearly as inappropriate as GTA V. MK at the time was just blurry sprites.

tolkir

I was playing GTA before I was 11. I get it's a lot more graphic now but I don't think it's that bad honestly, at 11 you've probably seen and done much worse than what you will see in GTA (other than the killing virtual people part LOL)

Totally, who haven't gone with his father to a stripclub when had 9 years old?

I'm very interested in hearing about your childhood.

Chris1

There's a reason why the game is rated 18/M as it isn't appropriate for an 11 year old child to play due to the adult content in the game.

And judging from I have seen there is no way I would let my 11 year child play it.
Ages on this stuff don't really matter that much tbh. Don't get me wrong I think GTA probably deserves the 18, but a lot of games get unnecessary ratings. Idk, it's not like anyone follows those age restrictions anyway. I mean who didn't drink alcohol before they were 18 (or 21 in america)?

I'm very interested in hearing about your childhood.

Will send you a PM with a detailed history in just a second

Totally, who haven't gone with his father to a stripclub when had 9 years old?

You see a bunch of virtual boobs.. Idk, you telling me you never googled "boobs" or "naked girl" when you were younger?

tauroxd

To all you defending the 11 year old kid playing GTA, wtf?

I'm sure you all played it at that age but I doubt your mom specifically went out and bought that for you.

Well, that I agree with. If a friend gave him the game or something, sure, it is part of the youth and stuff. but the mom buying it doensn't make here look good.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Meth aside.

What kind of a mother buys a game like GTA V for an 11 year old ?

Top Bottom