• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

An actual Games on Demand sale next week! $4/$5 games! Finally Microsoft!

Gaspode_T

Even if you buy online sometimes it will do a region check by your IP and still deny you - the only way to get around it is by using some sort of proxy which is in England if that happens.

So I'm from England and so is my Xbox live account. I'm now living in the States, with a USA console. When I try to buy the games, it says I my console does not match my region and the game cannot be bought. Is there any way around this? I'll be fucking fuming if I cant get my PoP for 480ms

Migrate your account or use a proxy.

I'd recommend migrating your account. Is there any particular reason you haven't already done so? Short term US stay? Forgotten your original sign up details?

Kevtones

Impressions:

Alone in the Dark: kind of interesting mechanically. Lots of little bits of originality. Shit controls, but totally worth $5

PoP: Fun and pretty. Good in short bursts - te gameplay seems like it'll get stale.

Cloudy with a Chance: simple fun with my SO, worth it if you game that way

Conan: sluggish early but I could see it becoming interesting

Carlisle

I got Kameo right away and I was gonna stop there. But now you guys are talking me into probably Table Tennis, maybe Conan (love me so GoW).

And for some reason it took my stupid brain 2 hours to realize that it's Perfect Dark Zero, and not the XBLA remake up there. So I think I'll get that, even though it's supposedly crap, just to round out the PD "series."

Impressions:

Alone in the Dark: kind of interesting mechanically. Lots of little bits of originality. Shit controls, but totally worth $5

PoP: Fun and pretty. Good in short bursts - te gameplay seems like it'll get stale.

Cloudy with a Chance: simple fun with my SO, worth it if you game that way

Conan: sluggish early but I could see it becoming interesting

Conan is actually a decent and competent GOW clone. The only time I hated the game was when I reached the final boss.

I got Kameo right away and I was gonna stop there. But now you guys are talking me into probably Table Tennis, maybe Conan (love me so GoW).

And for some reason it took my stupid brain 2 hours to realize that it's Perfect Dark Zero, and not the XBLA remake up there. So I think I'll get that, even though it's supposedly crap, just to round out the PD "series."

Table Tennis is easily worth the price as well as Conan. PDZ single player was horrible but the multiplayer was great. I'm sure the online community for PDZ is dead now though sadly.

I thought migrating your account was a myth.

Nope, go to Xbox.com, my account and there should be an option there to change your account region.

If, for any reason it's not there, contact MS via phone and they'll change your region. You can only do it once a year or maybe it's every six months and it's only in select regions. Fortunately, the US is one of those regions that you can migrate your account to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9V0aPEcHwQ&feature=related

Table Tennis is easily worth the price as well as Conan. PDZ single player was horrible but the multiplayer was great. I'm sure the online community for PDZ is dead now though sadly.

Yup. I'd also add that GRAW is worth 400msp. It hasn't aged all that well, but it's decent enough.

I would recommend Sega Tennis, but having watched my GF play it yesterday, it looked too frustrating to recommend.

painey

Nope, go to Xbox.com, my account and there should be an option there to change your account region.

If, for any reason it's not there, contact MS via phone and they'll change your region. You can only do it once a year or maybe it's every six months and it's only in select regions. Fortunately, the US is one of those regions that you can migrate your account to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9V0aPEcHwQ&feature=related

I googled it, they dont do this any more.

daycru

Been hooked on Sega Tennis, have done most of the Worldwide mode. Not a great game but enough fan service for $5. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs is really good girlfriend coop She's can play stuff like Skyrim but when we try coop for most games it's frustrating because she just can't keep up. Meatballs does of a good job of tethering that second player so they don't get in the way.

chemicals

Picked up Prince of Persia TFS for myself and Cloudy With A Chance to play with my 7 year old daughter. I must say I'm pleasantly surprised by the quality of The Forgotten Sands... I've been a fan of the franchise since last gen and let it be said that this game is without a doubt one of the best in the series (although I never played the cel shaded reboot). It reminds me of Assassins Creed with a rewind button for those nasty missed jumps.

jmdajr

Really been enjoying that Conan game so far! Definitely worth the five bucks.

Dark Void is ok too, but the checkpoint system kinda blows. I can't believe how far back i have to start when i die.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Conan is definitely a God of War clone, but with better, yet less refined gameplay.

Its by no means not a bad game.

Top Bottom