• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

An Amiibo made it to Losers Finals in a Smash Bros tournament

PK Gaming

B3L2mZzCYAAzFew.jpg
B3L84ByCQAAwYZT.jpg

So it turns out that Amiibos are actually incredibly good at the game

Why can't I team up with one of my Amiibos and fight online with another person and their favorite Amiibo on the other team.

I want this shit to turn into Pokemans Smash Edition.

Balances out CPU predictability.... but then they have FPD which is also total bullshit.

I actually haven't found the CPU to be that predictable, aside from their super obsession with only going after the smash ball when it appears. They're actually really good in this game. I still can't consistently beat higher level ones

Salih

So what's up with the Melee pro gamer crowd? Do they accept the new Smash WiiU as a legit tournament game?

blamite

As soon as I started playing with my Kirby Amiibo the first thing I wanted was an online mode where you can send your Amiibo into battle against someone else's and just watch them fight and maybe cheer them on and give them advice or something.

Actually, that'd probably be a pretty kickass Pokemon game.

K.Sabot

So what's up with the Melee pro gamer crowd? Do they accept the new Smash WiiU as a legit tournament game?

quiet so far from them outside of a few nopes and a bunch of "let's see how the game develops". Most people I've heard from streams seem to think that it'd be a good game with some updates.

Son Of D

Well it's only been out for 3 days so far. I'll imagine that Smash Wii U will get a year to see how the game develops and then decide on whether they should go back to Melee, to Project M or stay with U.

Timeaisis

I'd watch the shit out of an Amiibo tournament. Imagine the metagame. People training Amiibos to defend against the current trend in amiibo training. It would be intensely interesting to watch and develop as an esport.

Top Bottom