• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

An ex drunkenly told me I'm her daughters father then when sober said she lied.

Think of it this way, the girl just discovered her dad isn't actually the woman-beating asshole she thought it was; glad you are stepping up dude, show her how it's done!

Your wife sounds mega chill considering the situation too.

Sending good vibes your way.

I wont lie, those three or four hours after this all started i was completely expecting something smashed over my head

Bump

She is mine confirmed, driving to St Petersburg from the 3rd until the 10th

You're a good person mate, sounds like you have a great partner with your wife there too. Best of luck things go well and you form a solid relationship with your daughter. I'm curious how old is she? e.g. 10 or 30 etc? I only ask based on how involved you'll want/need to be in that younger children require more from their parents where mature adults obviously are already settled into life. In any case sounds like you're off to a good start and everyone wants to meet up and move forward.

GAMETA

Banned
I hope you can get along with her, man! Too bad you didn't get the chance to be her dad growing up but hopefully you two can still develop a strong bond. She's blood of your blood.

Mad respect for the wife as well, that's a good one.

You're a good person mate, sounds like you have a great partner with your wife there too. Best of luck things go well and you form a solid relationship with your daughter. I'm curious how old is she? e.g. 10 or 30 etc? I only ask based on how involved you'll want/need to be in that younger children require more from their parents where mature adults obviously are already settled into life. In any case sounds like you're off to a good start and everyone wants to meet up and move forward.

She is 16 almost 17, i have missed out on pretty much everything

Op in the moment
hqdefault.jpg

DogofWar

Damn OP, what a story. I can't possibly begin to understand how you are feeling right now. If anything. I imagine it will all catch up to you at some point. Does your daughter know yet? That you are her father? How did she react?

Don't think of it as if you missed out on her childhood, think of it as like you have gained a daughter. All her memories etc she might be willing to share with you. I hope both of you can see it as something beautiful, as overwhelming as it must be. As other have said please keep us updated and... good luck! You deserve a lot of respect for actually dealing with this responsibly, a lesser man would not have stepped up. Seems you have an amazing wife and family as well. Sometimes people get what they deserve it seems.

Damn OP, what a story. I can't possibly begin to understand how you are feeling right now. If anything. I imagine it will all catch up to you at some point. Does your daughter know yet? That you are her father? How did she react?

Don't think of it as if you missed out on her childhood, think of it as like you have gained a daughter. All her memories etc she might be willing to share with you. I hope both of you can see it as something beautiful, as overwhelming as it must be. As other have said please keep us updated and... good luck! You deserve a lot of respect for actually dealing with this responsibly, a lesser man would not have stepped up. Seems you have an amazing wife and family as well. Sometimes people get what they deserve it seems.

Well my other kids are 1 and 3 so its no point telling them really, I plan on getting a nice photo with her to keep at home and they will grow up knowing she is their sister. I'm actually pretty nervous, i had thought to fly but i need the drive to get myself together, the short flight istoo short if you get what i mean?

We dont know for sure if the guy she thought was her dad beat her but we know the mom was beaten pretty regularly, so that has me having this horrible feeling in my stomach that even unknowing she was my daughter i wasnt there to take her out of that situation.

I have met her many times before and she is a good kid, finishing school and getting ready for university. My wife has already picked out the flower shop near where i will be staying and ordered a giant bunch of flowers for her that i will need to pick up.

About how it all came up is we let it go for a week, my wife was kinda bugging me to do something, reach out to the mom or grandparents. I eventually wrote the mom and said can we please sit and talk this out, we did and it was a rough call, i was angry for being left out and she just explained it as being scared and not really sure herself how to go forwards, basically she was just ignoring it and hoping for the best. She then went to visit her daughter and from what i know just told her that Ivars is your real father. We then had a pretty emotional facebook video chat that didnt have a lot of actual talking, i cant really remember but my wife tells me i kept saying i was sorry i wasnt there over and over.

We agreed to do the test to be sure, so sent a swap to them and they tested in Russia and she sent a swap to me and we had it tested in Poland. Both came back with me being her dad.

That all happened last month and we agreed as soon as i could take vacation and the borders opened up i would come visit. My parents and sister are also planning to go meet her in August.

Then last night i got a little tipsy and bumped the thread :)

Also my wife has been very clear that if i fuck the mom again im dead

Last edited:

DogofWar

Well my other kids are 1 and 3 so its no point telling them really, I plan on getting a nice photo with her to keep at home and they will grow up knowing she is their sister. I'm actually pretty nervous, i had thought to fly but i need the drive to get myself together, the short flight istoo short if you get what i mean?

We dont know for sure if the guy she thought was her dad beat her but we know the mom was beaten pretty regularly, so that has me having this horrible feeling in my stomach that even unknowing she was my daughter i wasnt there to take her out of that situation.

I have met her many times before and she is a good kid, finishing school and getting ready for university. My wife has already picked out the flower shop near where i will be staying and ordered a giant bunch of flowers for her that i will need to pick up.

About how it all came up is we let it go for a week, my wife was kinda bugging me to do something, reach out to the mom or grandparents. I eventually wrote the mom and said can we please sit and talk this out, we did and it was a rough call, i was angry for being left out and she just explained it as being scared and not really sure herself how to go forwards, basically she was just ignoring it and hoping for the best. She then went to visit her daughter and from what i know just told her that Ivars is your real father. We then had a pretty emotional facebook video chat that didnt have a lot of actual talking, i cant really remember but my wife tells me i kept saying i was sorry i wasnt there over and over.

We agreed to do the test to be sure, so sent a swap to them and they tested in Russia and she sent a swap to me and we had it tested in Poland. Both came back with me being her dad.

That all happened last month and we agreed as soon as i could take vacation and the borders opened up i would come visit. My parents and sister are also planning to go meet her in August.

Then last night i got a little tipsy and bumped the thread :)

Also my wife has been very clear that if i fuck the mom again im dead

I also have kids 1 and 3 years old. It is by itself enough impressions every day and then you have to handle this on top of that!

I genuinely hope everything turns out good for you and your family. I very rarely get involved at all with things random users on the internet post but this story is something else.

Best of luck to you! I have a feeling it will turn out for the better and my feelings about such things are usually right :)

Easy, she lie'd to her current boyfriend that he was the baby daddy, one night while dreaming he had a revelation "take a DNA test" woke up took a DNA test then "BUSTEEEED"

I'm just imaging the eventual special where they interview the "Maury" kids and find out how mentally fucked up they are knowing that their mom had to go on national TV to find out which of the 5-6 guys she fucked in a two week span was their biological dad.

Top Bottom