• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

An in-depth look at 18* unannounced PlayStation 5 exclusives | Including a new FROM SOFTWARE collab

AnotherOne

hZJBHWi.jpg

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Lots of cool things. I'm waiting for any cool reveals at TGA.

Come on Sony, just announce another Japan Studio x From Software game and make me buy that ugly console of yours.

Last edited:

LDS

Banned
Really hoping we get another inFamous game as well as a sly cooper remake collection. Seems like a pipe dream though

Hunnybun

Well it's all very exciting.

I'd forgotten some of the details of the new Uncharted speculation. Reading them through it does reassure me that it's being worked on: kind of hard to think what else it could be.

Is there anything to suggest Arrowhead's game is a PlayStation exclusive?

I can't see Wild ever making it out. It's been 5 or 6 years since it's even been seen. Going super well? Seriously??

Isn't Miyazaki working on Elden Ring? Even if he works on a PS5 exclusive next, that would be years off. Like 2025 or later.

I think a Bloodborne remaster makes a ton of sense. It's almost too obvious tbh. So I think that'll happen at some point.

It does seem like we're in for a pretty amazing generation from Sony.

Great read. I've heard some stuff about RaySpace too (type of game it's). :lollipop_downcast_sweat: Bryank75 Bryank75

The game awards/"E3" 2021 will be super juicy.

I would think the PS VR titles would get pushed to PSVR2 for a strong initial sales push? I guess if you're Sony you have to keep that PSVR base somewhat fed with at least 1-2 proper titles a year so that may be a factor if PSVR2 is at least late 2022.

Wild Arms easter egg on Astro's Playroom. Doesn't say much but some dormant Sony IP's didn't make the easter eggs cut so there may be something to that too. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

WilD definitely has been in development hell. Hec, I thought it was silently canned. Why continues to fund it if you were Sony (For a AA title from a third party outfit)? The game has to have good potential for it to get life extensions (or really cheap).

Guerilla's second project could definitely be something akin to the Division/Destiny. The Killzone brand name just doesn't bite - hope it's not a new Killzone.

Black male Lead for the next Naughty Dog game rules out Savage Starlight (black female lead, white male supporting actor).

If San Diego is making a new Uncharted I just hope they've brought over the Naughty Dog engine with that animation pipeline, with programmers that understand it and also with a robust animation staff cause an animation quality downgrade will be spotted by fans and criticized on the spot to no end. Hell, we'll be expecting an improvement over TLOU 2. The expectations for animation quality will be very, very high. The choice of lead will also be very controversial outside of Nathan Drake. Granted the Lost Legacy, to my surprise, was received extremely well..... but no one, absolutely no one, dislikes fan favorite Chloe. Younger Sullivan if done properly could be alright.

Last edited:

Hunnybun

Naughty Dog making fucking Savage Starlight would be almost tragic. It would be like Scorsese working on a Ninja Turtles movie.

It seems like Guerrilla and SSM definitely both have second projects in the works, which is cool. Did Santa Monica expand as well?

They really do seem to have a good pipeline of exclusives sorted for the foreseeable. Looks like at least 5 or 6 a year, plus timed exclusives and smaller games. Amazing, really.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I've known about the Horizon VR project for months now, but kept my mouth shut because I keep confidences. Its not being developed internally by London Studio though, although it is being developed in the UK and so they may get credited for it as part of Playstation Studios.

Good sign that the rest of the leaked stuff is actually based in some fact.

Perrott

Gold Member
I've known about the Horizon VR project for months now, but kept my mouth shut because I keep confidences. Its not being developed internally by London Studio though, although it is being developed in the UK and so they may get credited for it as part of Playstation Studios.

Good sign that the rest of the leaked stuff is actually based in some fact.
Main developer is Fire Sprite, isn't it?

MastaKiiLA

I don't know how much I trust the rumors, but this is an epic OP. This reads better than most gaming articles. Very well done, OP. Take my reaction points. Well-deserved.

Also, kudos for reminding us that WiLD still exists. I'd completely forgotten about that game, it's been so long. Hype has returned. I wonder if Rare is trying to do something similar with Everwild, which is why they hadn't quite pegged what the gameplay was supposed to involve.

Nice write up.

Including the confirmed games for 2021/2022

Ratchet and Clank A Rift Apart
GT7
Returnal
Horizon Forbidden West
GoW Ragnarok

the PS5’s software output is unmatched.
All those games are confirmed for 2021
Potential delays are Horizon and GOW

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Days Gone 2 is by far my most wanted Sony title.

I have pretty good confidence it's in development; the first game took so long to make and I think did well enough to greenlight a sequel considering the investment they put into the first game that they can build on from a tech standpoint.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Spiderman 2 and Elden Ring are the only games that I think I am interested in until I see more from these other studios. I would like to see more from Elden Ring too TBH.

I'll be disappointed if Bluepoint's next project really is MGS, but it seems like a pretty sure bet at this point.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
By the way, this list does not include Project Awakening.

Technically, it is an "announced" game, but so was WiLD.

DonF

Naughty Dog making fucking Savage Starlight would be almost tragic. It would be like Scorsese working on a Ninja Turtles movie.
I'm literally in the opposite end.
I'm tired of super serious political games. Naughty dog has the talent and history to make a fun light hearted game. I would love it if they try their hand again for a platformer.

Top Bottom