• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

An in-depth look at 18* unannounced PlayStation 5 exclusives | Including a new FROM SOFTWARE collab

SALUTE TO MY NINJAS AT SONY INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT!
OubwQzO.png

Last edited:

Hunnybun

I'm literally in the opposite end.
I'm tired of super serious political games. Naughty dog has the talent and history to make a fun light hearted game. I would love it if they try their hand again for a platformer.

I like both types of games, and everything inbetween.

But Naughty Dog are capable of stuff very few studios are, so that's what they should concentrate on imo.

TiG

VFXVeteran has mentioned that Naughty Dog is making a Space game.

And as others have said, I hope their next game is more along the lines of Uncharted rather than The Last Of Us.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
If spider man mm has done anything for me it’s that I want a real part 2 ASAP.

Hope they flesh out the systems ui with all the missing features by then. Feels like a huge steep backwards from PS4 or the Xbox.

Yoboman

VFXVeteran has mentioned that Naughty Dog is making a Space game.

And as others have said, I hope their next game is more along the lines of Uncharted rather than The Last Of Us.
He would have no idea

Codes 208

Bloodborne remastered

come on stop playing with my heart, Iv even anxiously waiting for any kind of news on this as Bloodborne was my GotG

Perrott

Gold Member
Is this new Silent Hill being developed by Kojima?

Or is it a Japan Studio project?
The new Silent Hill is being directed by the series creator Keiichiro Toyama and developed by Japan Studio.

Sony and Konami were in talks with KojiPro earlier this year about bringing back Silent Hills as a PSVR2 title, but the negotiations fell apart for a couple of reasons. Now Kojima is working on a different title, unrelated to the Silent Hill franchise.

xiskza

Thanks for the compilation. Man I really hope the Silent Hill remake is true. I'm also wondering what the 2nd Bluepoint project is gonna be, apparently also a remake. Maybe its MGS? I'd love a remake of Legend of Dragoon. Or Jet Moto.

mansoor1980

Gold Member
The new Silent Hill is being directed by the series creator Keiichiro Toyama and developed by Japan Studio.

Sony and Konami were in talks with KojiPro earlier this year about bringing back Silent Hills as a PSVR2 title, but the negotiations fell apart for a couple of reasons. Now Kojima is working on a different title, unrelated to the Silent Hill franchise.
man i really hope wat u say is true

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
So desperate for games this is a thread? What the fuck is "in depth" about saying "a from game is coming, probably, maybe, they've been in talks anyhow, for something, possibly, what else would it be, am I rite?".

Last edited:

So what does this mean now?

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
So what does this mean now?

Interesting. Is he pulling a Ueda and finishing up work as an external contactor? Was he ever on the project and if not what's he been working on since Gravity Rush 2 in 2017? There's obviously a team (or two) still there in Japan, and if they were disbanding it I'm pretty sure there'd have been more news about it.

It's kind of shocking how many quality studios Sony has developed/acquired.

It's also shocking how inept Microsoft is at doing the same.

This isn't a dig at MS - it's just reality. I don't get it honestly.

MS should have more money to throw at these devs... is Sony just *that* much better at cultivating talent?

It's kind of shocking how many quality studios Sony has developed/acquired.

It's also shocking how inept Microsoft is at doing the same.

This isn't a dig at MS - it's just reality. I don't get it honestly.

MS should have more money to throw at these devs... is Sony just *that* much better at cultivating talent?

Part of it is that yes, Sony really is that much better at cultivating talent, specifically creative talent. Sony is a major media company with a pedigree in music and film, and it knows how to manage creatives. What is today Worldwide Studios (or PlayStation Studios, I guess?) famously had its origins in Sony's music publishing business back during the PS1 days.

The other part is that Sony needs its games business to be well-managed in a way that Microsoft doesn't. Gaming is the golden goose for Sony, and Sony executives are held to account first and foremost for their stewardship of the games side of the business.

Microsoft's golden goose is Windows and Office and various enterprise software and server stuff. In many of these sectors it's basically a monopoly. Nobody is really entirely sure why Microsoft is in gaming in the first place, and so the primary role of Xbox executives is to sell Microsoft's continued involvement in gaming to their bosses using twelve-dimensional chess, fad-chasing, and corporate nonsense speak.

You can see this dichotomy represented in the design of the PS5 and the XSX, just like with the PS4 and the Xbone. In both cases, Sony zeroed in on the most efficient way to maximize performance and ease of development for the money. Sony's goal is to make the strongest possible console, backed up by the strongest possible bench of first party exclusives, so it can dominate the market and continue to print money.

Microsoft, on the other hand, obviously had other priorities. "We need to make the strongest possible console, backed up by the strongest possible bench of first party exclusives, so we can dominate the market" simply isn't an appealing pitch to Microsoft's top brass. What they want to hear is "we're riding this Kinect fad into control of the living room" or "we're designing a console architecture that will also work in server racks" or "TVTVTV/Gamepass will allow us to compete with Apple and Google and Amazon."

Microsoft cares about the games business only insofar as it's part of a decades-long war of position with the other tech giants. Even when brass can be convinced to shell out major money to help Xbox stay afloat (the RROD repairs, the Bethesda purchase, etc), there's no telling when Microsoft's corporate politics will shift and everyone will lose interest in gaming again. You can't cultivate talent in that kind of environment, which is why everything Microsoft touches in the games space turns to shit.

Last edited:
An instructive parallel is to Microsoft's efforts to create a mobile operating system to compete with iOS and Android, which was mismanaged disastrously in ways that are strongly redolent of its management of Xbox (e.g. they bought Nokia for like ten billion dollars and then basically shuttered the company within two years).

Kumomeme

just wondering are you same user as FLACO1942 in reddit?

edit: yup it is you. found the post people asking same question.

Good job for the thread!

Last edited:

Pimpbaa

Bloodborne remastered? Makes it sound like it's not going to be a complete remaking of the visuals (like Demon's Souls). Not all bad I suppose as the original was insanely detailed for a regular ps4 only game and just bumping up the res and framerate and adding AA, HDR, and higher texture resolution would look great.

Durask

Wild Arms is the only thing I give a shit about on that list. Adore every game in that series and a refresh/ re-envisioning on PS5 hardware would be sublime.

Yeah that is pretty much the only title I am interested in. Well and hopefully some more JRPGs.

Not a *new age* Sony fan, but syphon filter would be fucking sick! 😷 🤢 Loved the series and played each one extensively! I miss the good games they had

Last edited:
Bring back the actual good games like socom, syphon filter, etc. Never cared for uncharted, tlou, horizon, etc. Old Sony > new Sony. The gameplay was better back then, without all the new age b.s. druckman and others have brought in. Plus the old Sony had multiplayer games.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Why do we need a bloodborne “remaster”
All that is needed is a 60fps + Resolution patch for the PS4 game, and possibly a rerelease of the upgraded version as Ps5 branded game.

Some more potential PSVR games....

Farpoint developers Impulse Gear are working in a new VR game to be revealed in the next couple of months.

FireSprite (The Persistance, PS4 Playroom) are working on a VR version of a world-famous IP, apparently a SIE owned one.

Top Bottom