• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

An Open & Honest Conversation about Some Who Leaked The Wrong Specs About PlayStation 5

LED Guy?

Banned
OK, I just want to start off by saying: I know I will be getting many drive-by posts & many fanboys here arguing in this thread and insults thrown around, but please, anyone who does that will be reported as always, and Mod of War Mod of War has done a great work snuffing those trolls out of any threads.

Now that we have done with this, I just want an open & honest conversation about how the insiders and even journalists were wrong about the GPU of the PlayStation 5, individuals like K Kleegamefan Gavin Stevens Gavin Stevens OsirisBlack OsirisBlack HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 and we can even throw the guy at WCCFTech who leaked the AMD Navi RDNA architecture way back in 2018 (he was right) and he said that PS5 & XSX are using Big Navi which exceeds 40 CUs, it seems like XSX is using it because it has 52 CUs while PS5 has 36 CUs for an overall of 12 TFlops and 10.3 TFlops respectively, so he was wrong with PS5 being Big Navi.

I mean there were many individuals who were strangely.....wrong, look at Kleegamefan, now I know everyone will say "Oh he's fake" and all that, but the guy's real name is Kelly Rickards, he used to work at GameFan and EGM back in the day, he has very string connections in the gaming industry, he even shared his name, E-mail address and all that with REEEE moderators like Daniel Ahmed (ZHuge) and others as well, but everything that guy said was true except the part where he said the PS5 is more powerful GPU-wise, he was right about both consoles being double digits and both being more feature packed and more powerful than AMD's best GFX card in 2019 which is RX 5700 XT, he also said the PS5's SSD is double the speed of XSX's SSD which turn out to be true before anyone knew or said.

There are many other examples, like:

1. Jason Schreier saying that both Sony & Microsoft were aiming for higher than Google's Stadia 10.7 TF number (no GCN/RDNA qualifiers).

2. Game Informer's Andrew Reiner, Former-IGN worker Colin Moriarty both were saying PS5 is more powerful.

3. We can even say BGs BGs was stating that PS5 is in "puberty" and that it was 9.2 TF way back, 10 TFs isn't puberty, I know that for sure.

My speculation:

Maybe that Japanese journalist & VFXVeteran VFXVeteran were right and Sony were going to make a PS5 Pro to launch along with the PS5 in 2020?

Hmm.....this does make you think a bit doesn't it? Maybe that's why insiders were wrong, they were leaking the PS5 Pro GPU specs?

I want your guys' opinions, please act civil about it, it's all fun talk here in the end, both consoles are very powerful and both far exceed our expectations, when someone spew those powerful specs that we have now in the consoles back in early 2019, everyone would laugh at that because they are very pricey and ridiculous, but look now.

That's my piece.

Tiamat2san

I guess it’s the nature of the business.
Some people put faith in others claims.
If someone you trust said something you’re not supposed to know and it suits your agenda/preferences, you have a urge to tell others to shine amongst your peers.
I think some posters truly believed what they posted.
On the other hand, a lot are just fucking liars who just want to feel superior and/or want more followers on twitter or their website because money (not that much anyway, peasant) or fame (lol).
It must be hard for the mods to follow all this bullshit.

I just read leak to know what people are thinking or saying but I never take them seriously.
Sometimes it’s just to see fanboys meltdowns.

On my end I prefer Xbox for a lot of things but I am an adult who can afford to own every consoles on the market.
So I play on every system for exclusives and on the most powerful one for multi platforms games. (PS4 pro for a year and one X since.)
It’s simple.
I’ll do the same nextgen.

The only things that matters are games.

Mista

Banned
Who cares? Its called leaks for a reason. Leaks aren’t 100% accurate most of the time

So what if they were wrong? You calling them out now for what exactly? Since we’re having an “open and honest” conversation

Its on you for taking leaks seriously, not on the people that leaked or speculated.

I really don’t understand what should I make out of this thread? Both consoles made a leap from current gen and this what matters to me. I don’t care about comparisons

CJY

Banned
I really don't want a PS5 Pro. Perhaps in 2023/4, but not this year. The PS4 Pro has a butterfly GPU resulting in double TFLOPs. A PS5 Pro should be at least double PS5... 20.6TFLOPs?

I don't see it and don't want it. SSD would feel too small, RAM and its bus would feel too small... The PS5 as it exists is too powerful for there to be a Pro launching along-side it.

Someone actually got the specs right.

Hi! Long time lurker here. I decided to register just to guess the TF of PS5. Playstation has been my main console ever since the first one and I'm going to buy PS5 at launch along with a brand new 4k tv.
Ok, here's my thoughts. I think the PS5 will be around 10-10,5 TF. This goes against the insiders here but it's my guess anyway. I think xbox will have the TF-advantage. Real world performance will be almost identical between them anyway.
That's my guess, maybe we will get answers tomorrow? I'm hyped and I think it will be a great gen!

Who cares? Its called leaks for a reason. Leaks aren’t 100% accurate most of the time

So what if they were wrong? You calling them out now for what exactly? Since we’re having an “open and honest” conversation

Its on you for taking leaks seriously, not on the people that leaked or speculated.

I really don’t understand what should I make out of this thread? Both consoles made a leap from current gen and this what matters to me. I don’t care about comparisons
Thank You...let it go...who cares? This place had been doodoo since these specs revels..I cant wait till we have real games so GAF can STFU with their spec theories and armchair game developer alter egos.

LED Guy?

Banned

OK, all fair I guess.

ZywyPL

Banned
Well, just as I expected, Cerny and Spencer were absolutely spot-on with the specs, the rest of attention whores, not so much.

We have Sony fanboys crying because PS5 isnt the grandaddy of TFlops and power. Even though they just decimated the competition this generation. Look at the output from Sony this gen. Its not good enough. They HAVE to be on top of everything. Then we have MS fanboys acting like because they have the power advantage, they have actually won something. Imagine being this down and out from an anemic ass generation that TFLOPs and gamepass is what gets you feeling like WINNER. 🤦🏾‍♂️

This is basically it. You win some and you lose some. With the state of the world the way it is, video games really aren’t that important right now. Both systems are beasts and are going to have good games. We’re all just nerds arguing about it because we’re passionate and all cooped up in our houses.

Bryank75

Banned
We all knew that those leaks were highly unlikely to be true... it is fun to speculate though.

In the end, I think anyone who was going to buy a PS5, will get one anyway. I certainly am on the PS5 train due to games, same reason I have a Switch.

Was there some disappointment? Sure. It would have been nice to know that there was more power there to play with and that they went above and beyond. But once they deliver the games, I will certainly be happy and I will get a PS5 Pro when it comes out.

Geki-D

Banned
It's funny that some people were laughing at me when I called out OsirisBlack's bullshit. Unfortunately I was right.
It was obvious he was full of shit. Even his claim to fame about the PS4 Pro is quite clearly BS when you look into it.
Maybe that Japanese journalist & VFXVeteran VFXVeteran VFXVeteran VFXVeteran were right and Sony were going to make a PS5 Pro to launch along with the PS5 in 2020?
The issue here is that what he said about a PS5 Pro and base, and their respective TFs was utterly wrong. He said that the base would be 9TF and Pro somewhere towards 12. Yet here we are with a PS5 confirmed pretty much bang between those numbers meaning that a budget version at - 1.2TF or a Pro at + 1.7TF are just not realistic. Sony have actually announced the perfect number of TFs to debunk either of those figures because a whole new system above or below to meet those numbers would be pointless.

VFXVeteran was right about Horizon Zero Dawn, but he's been very much wrong in regards to the PS5.

Last edited:

makaveli60

It was obvious he was full of shit. Even his claim to fame about the PS4 Pro is quite clearly BS when you look into it.

The issue here is that what he said about a PS5 Pro and base, and their respective TFs was utterly wrong. He said that the base would be 9TF and Pro somewhere towards 12. Yet here he are with a PS5 confirmed pretty much bang between those numbers meaning that a budget version at - 1.2TF or a Pro at + 1.7TF are just not realistic. Sony have actually announced the perfect number of TFs to debunk either of those figures because a whole new system above or below to meet those numbers would be pointless.

VFXVeteran was right about Horizon Zero Dawn, but he's been very much wrong in regards to the PS5.
He is another funny guy... He is the worst, because not only he poses as an insider but his life goal is to always downplay consoles.

Shmunter

I really don't want a PS5 Pro. Perhaps in 2023/4, but not this year. The PS4 Pro has a butterfly GPU resulting in double TFLOPs. A PS5 Pro should be at least double PS5... 20.6TFLOPs?

I don't see it and don't want it. SSD would feel too small, RAM and its bus would feel too small... The PS5 as it exists is too powerful for there to be a Pro launching along-side it.
Yeah, nah. Give me a pro in 3 years, keep things fresh like the wife does every so often.....I’ve said too much.

Last edited:

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
Ouya 2 is going to be more powerful than all the consoles combined. No leak needed, just plain straight forward facts and common sense. Mod of War Mod of War knows that as well

tGZGnmM.png

CJY

Banned

That rumour about Horizon was going around since the day Death Stranding and Decima was announced to be coming to PC. Everybody and their dog thought there was a high chance of Horizon coming to PC, except it might be held back for business reasons.

If that is his only claim to fame, and he was that wrong about PS5 Pro, I really think he should be banned, because he tries to hide his biases behind that tag and username.

mckmas8808

Banned
You guys need to let this go, and this isn't some drive-by shit post. The goalpost moves, the hopes and dreams, the latching onto literally anything searching for a leg up. It's old, the compute landed where it did.

There's no mystery anymore.

I completely agree!

He is another funny guy... He is the worst, because not only he poses as an insider but his life goal is to always downplay consoles.

He is one of the worst posters on GAF! He's smart and knows his stuff, but his constant downplaying of consoles ruins threads daily.

Last edited:

Geki-D

Banned
That rumour about Horizon was going around since the day Death Stranding and Decima was announced to be coming to PC. Everybody and their dog thought there was a high chance of Horizon coming to PC, except it might be held back for business reasons.

If that is his only claim to fame, and he was that wrong about PS5 Pro, I really think he should be banned, because he tries to hide his biases behind that tag and username.
Far as I know that is his only claim to fame, it definitely isn't anything he said about PS5. Honestly I only ever heard about HZD going to PC in regards to what he said, don't know if it was already doing the rounds before hand.

I wonder what his "vetted" tag actually refers to, I would assume it mean he's been able to prove without a doubt to a mod that he is an industry insider and that would be his only saving grace. Otherwise as it stands, his PS5 info was just crap and unless Sony announce a 6TF budget version or a 14TF Pro, then he's fucked in terms of the old insider "they made changes" wiggle-room excuse.

longdi

Banned
can mod unban klee and let him share the dark secrets of what happened?

im sure evilore still has his contacts. i dont know why klee shared his with REE admins, those guys are shady af in how fast they got the forums up to capture gaffers migration.

CJY

Banned
can mod unban klee and let him share the dark secrets of what happened?

im sure evilore still has his contacts. i dont know why klee shared his with REE admins, those guys are shady af in how fast they got the forums up to capture gaffers migration.
One of the shadiest things ever was how on my PS4, what used to be the NeoGAF community, was suddenly the REEE community. I left that shit straight away.

Shmunter

Far as I know that is his only claim to fame, it definitely isn't anything he said about PS5. Honestly I only ever heard about HZD going to PC in regards to what he said, don't know if it was already doing the rounds before hand.

I wonder what his "vetted" tag actually refers to, I would assume it mean he's been able to prove without a doubt to a mod that he is an industry insider and that would be his only saving grace. Otherwise as it stands, his PS5 info was just crap and unless Sony announce a 6TF budget version or a 14TF Pro, then he's fucked in terms of the old insider "they made changes" wiggle-room excuse.
I just figured the mods are doing someone a favour. Like hiring your uncles idiot son because you’re obliged to sort of thing.

Apologies in advance for being so crude, I hold no ill will.

CJY

Banned

He also said that Sony are actively trying to become a videogame brand by bringing their games to PC and no longer focus on hardware.

To be honest, I tend to just ignore most things he has to say. He isn't an insider as far as I'm concerned, which is why his tag annoys me.

He's a "veteran". I seriously doubt he's active today. The last thing he probably worked on is some obscure PC game, with some obscure studio, for some obscure publisher back in the early 2000s.

Dude got banned from REEE... I dunno why we should accept him here.

I think it was simply the fact that PS5 devkits out performed Xbox SX devkits

That likely was never actually the case, unless the PS5 devkits were using Vega Radeon VII cards earlier on and on paper that 13.8 number would be larger than 12 (but on very different architecture).

Anyways, at the end of the day insiders are just the messengers. I think most of them had what they believed were solid inside contacts and sources, but since you can't control the quality or timing of your sources in that way, many things can go wrong. And no insider has a 100% track record, so that's also worth considering.

You shouldn't shoot the messenger unless they were out-and-out trolling. The closest who came to doing that was Tommy Fisher but even he got the XSX specs almost dead-on (granted, anyone could've guessed that given spec but I think most were assuming a 400mm2 chip with 56 active CUs so the idea of a 52 CU GPU wasn't really on a lot of people's mind at that time).

And a lot of people seem to forget because of all the hoopla happening at the time, but HeisenbergFX4 did throw out a 10.5 TF speculation for PS5. I think the pressure from a lot of people in that thread made them doubt that figure and shy away from it, though, but that was pretty close to the PS5 we actually have now.

But yeah, don't get mad at the insiders for getting PS5 specs wrong; majority of them probably felt they had good leads. I'm speaking mainly of most of the insiders who were on GAF btw; I didn't see guys like Matt or Schreir post here so can only assume it was a similar case for them, though Schreir admitted after PS5 reveal he never had any solid knowledge on either system at all leading up to that point, so there's that :S

The issue here is that what he said about a PS5 Pro and base, and their respective TFs was utterly wrong. He said that the base would be 9TF and Pro somewhere towards 12. Yet here we are with a PS5 confirmed pretty much bang between those numbers meaning that a budget version at - 1.2TF or a Pro at + 1.7TF are just not realistic. Sony have actually announced the perfect number of TFs to debunk either of those figures because a whole new system above or below to meet those numbers would be pointless.

TBF to him, maybe Sony were planning PS5 for 2019 after all (that is certainly a plausible earlier plan they had) and a Pro in 2020? 2021? A 2019 PS5 would've been closer to 9 TF or so, going by the development history of Ariel and Oberon.

Tho IMHO, a Pro "only" 3 TF more than base PS5 would look disastrous no matter when it released. Considering PS4 Pro was 2.25x more capable than base PS5, you'd think a PS5 Pro would be at least 2x as powerful as the base PS5, not simply 25% more.

Last edited:

McHuj

2. Game Informer's Andrew Reiner, Former-IGN worker Colin Moriarty both were saying PS5 is more powerful.

That was over almost over a year ago. I think to many people ignore timelines when it comes to rumors and leaks. Until a product finalizes things change especially that early. What may have been true last year, may no longer be true now. It shouldn't kill the messenger.

LED Guy?

Banned
That likely was never actually the case, unless the PS5 devkits were using Vega Radeon VII cards earlier on and on paper that 13.8 number would be larger than 12 (but on very different architecture).

Anyways, at the end of the day insiders are just the messengers. I think most of them had what they believed were solid inside contacts and sources, but since you can't control the quality or timing of your sources in that way, many things can go wrong. And no insider has a 100% track record, so that's also worth considering.

You shouldn't shoot the messenger unless they were out-and-out trolling. The closest who came to doing that was Tommy Fisher but even he got the XSX specs almost dead-on (granted, anyone could've guessed that given spec but I think most were assuming a 400mm2 chip with 56 active CUs so the idea of a 52 CU GPU wasn't really on a lot of people's mind at that time).

And a lot of people seem to forget because of all the hoopla happening at the time, but HeisenbergFX4 did throw out a 10.5 TF speculation for PS5. I think the pressure from a lot of people in that thread made them doubt that figure and shy away from it, though, but that was pretty close to the PS5 we actually have now.

But yeah, don't get mad at the insiders for getting PS5 specs wrong; majority of them probably felt they had good leads. I'm speaking mainly of most of the insiders who were on GAF btw; I didn't see guys like Matt or Schreir post here so can only assume it was a similar case for them, though Schreir admitted after PS5 reveal he never had any solid knowledge on either system at all leading up to that point, so there's that :S

TBF to him, maybe Sony were planning PS5 for 2019 after all (that is certainly a plausible earlier plan they had) and a Pro in 2020? 2021? A 2019 PS5 would've been closer to 9 TF or so, going by the development history of Ariel and Oberon.

Tho IMHO, a Pro "only" 3 TF more than base PS5 would look disastrous no matter when it released. Considering PS4 Pro was 2.25x more capable than base PS5, you'd think a PS5 Pro would be at least 2x as powerful as the base PS5, not simply 25% more.
Yes I agree with what you said there, thicc!!

But it’s weird, you know? It’s like everything we’ve heard about the PS5 was downright WRONG, it makes ya think, you know?

onQ123

Right to this day devs are still saying that PS5 perform better & so on

LED Guy?

Banned
That was over almost over a year ago. I think to many people ignore timelines when it comes to rumors and leaks. Until a product finalizes things change especially that early. What may have been true last year, may no longer be true now. It shouldn't kill the messenger.
Yes I forgot about that, I should have emphasized that in my original post.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
OK, I just want to start off by saying: I know I will be getting many drive-by posts & many fanboys here arguing in this thread and insults thrown around, but please, anyone who does that will be reported as always, and Mod of War Mod of War has done a great work snuffing those trolls out of any threads.

Now that we have done with this, I just want an open & honest conversation about how the insiders and even journalists were wrong about the GPU of the PlayStation 5, individuals like K Kleegamefan Gavin Stevens Gavin Stevens OsirisBlack OsirisBlack HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 and we can even throw the guy at WCCFTech who leaked the AMD Navi RDNA architecture way back in 2018 (he was right) and he said that PS5 & XSX are using Big Navi which exceeds 40 CUs, it seems like XSX is using it because it has 52 CUs while PS5 has 36 CUs for an overall of 12 TFlops and 10.3 TFlops respectively, so he was wrong with PS5 being Big Navi.

I mean there were many individuals who were strangely.....wrong, look at Kleegamefan, now I know everyone will say "Oh he's fake" and all that, but the guy's real name is Kelly Rickards, he used to work at GameFan and EGM back in the day, he has very string connections in the gaming industry, he even shared his name, E-mail address and all that with REEEE moderators like Daniel Ahmed (ZHuge) and others as well, but everything that guy said was true except the part where he said the PS5 is more powerful GPU-wise, he was right about both consoles being double digits and both being more feature packed and more powerful than AMD's best GFX card in 2019 which is RX 5700 XT, he also said the PS5's SSD is double the speed of XSX's SSD which turn out to be true before anyone knew or said.

There are many other examples, like:

1. Jason Schreier saying that both Sony & Microsoft were aiming for higher than Google's Stadia 10.7 TF number (no GCN/RDNA qualifiers).

3. We can even say BGs BGs was stating that PS5 is in "puberty" and that it was 9.2 TF way back, 10 TFs isn't puberty, I know that for sure.

My speculation:

Maybe that Japanese journalist & VFXVeteran VFXVeteran were right and Sony were going to make a PS5 Pro to launch along with the PS5 in 2020?

Hmm.....this does make you think a bit doesn't it? Maybe that's why insiders were wrong, they were leaking the PS5 Pro GPU specs?

I want your guys' opinions, please act civil about it, it's all fun talk here in the end, both consoles are very powerful and both far exceed our expectations, when someone spew those powerful specs that we have now in the consoles back in early 2019, everyone would laugh at that because they are very pricey and ridiculous, but look now.

That's my piece.

I will glad answer any questions to the best of my ability.

I will point out I never had the PS5 above the XsX I maintained the Xbox would be more powerful.

My mistake was I was in the 10.5 camp and was seduced by everyone else saying higher and I should have stuck with my crazy birdie friend.

Leyasu

Banned
I think it was simply the fact that PS5 devkits out performed Xbox SX devkits
That was most probably never the case, unless like the person above said they were using non Navi chips.

On topic, some "insiders" probably just got wrong info or confused info, and some are just full of shit.

Let's have a history lesson on insiders... You will see my thought process, and understand why I am very skeptical about info that gets posted.

CBOAT: Treat like forum royalty on here for ages, people hung on his every word. Unfortunately, CBOAT was Bish! Most of his info came from BIsh as Bish is a dev. Because he didn't want to post it and be known as a leaker, CBOAT was born. CBOAT also posted stuff from other people that didn't want their name on things either. Remember the L4D3 screenshot? Man, it was a fucking shame that it was MrXmedia that unravel led that and saw that the L4D3 screenshot came from Ekim. Because MrX and his followers are nothing more than a clown show on fire, it was easy to dismiss. Funny how CBOAT committed public suicide on here not long afterwards trying to tell a respawn dev that the resolution of TF was lower than it was.. Although the info was probably good, the method that was used to leak was questionable to say the least.

Famous mortimer: Lapped up his 15mins of internet fame. Garnered a nice little bunch of acolytes. The only problem was, that he didn't know shit. He himself began to believe his own hype, which culminated in him writing utter bullshit about one of the evo devs behind Driveclub, and as to why Sony shuttered them. He changed his tune when the guy in question puplically called him out, and Evilore banned him... I was in that thread.

Thuway: lol "The parrot speaks the truth". I would put money on the fact that Bish was his benefactor regarding the "info" that he had or as to why some people even considered him an "insider". Shit blog sites even wrote articles/blogs on his twitter posts. Another one full of shit.

Matt: Mr one line ambigous statement insider. I cannot recall him getting anything right. I suppose that he has got believers because his statements are so vague, that he can then just say that that was what he meant after the info comes out. He recently said that he was "glad that everyone had moved on from github". Only for Github to pretty much what the ps5 is.. Just with higher clocks. I just don't get it with him. At the other place, people will dismiss everything because "Matt said this"

Klee. Seems like a nice guy. He got the sony horde hot and wet over at the other place when he started saying that the ps5 was the stronger console. He doubled down on it when MS confirmed the 12TF XsX, and even claimed to have seen the spec sheets. Anyone doubting him was dogpiled for months, and everything was ingnored because "Klee said this" He even claimed that sony had an event planned for February. But when it didn't materialise, his acolytes found excuses for him. Shame he asked for a ban before Cerny spilled the beans.

NKTRNL: Controlled leak.

Bottom line people, be very skeptical about insiders..

Last edited:

BGs

Industry Professional
I would not like this response to be interpreted as an attack on anyone in particular. It is not like this. I simply take advantage of the moment to try to contribute my point of view, especially in the general way that it is when it comes to judging information (or sometimes people).

Since I cannot speak for others, I will speak for myself. This was going to be a long text, but I've finally narrowed it down. Since I have been quoted, I will make a general reflection, although I think I already mentioned it once.

All truthful information is only true at the right time and under specific circumstances.

On the one hand there are the Specs of DK1, DK2, DKF and Retail. All different from each other. And people really want to know about retail. But since he cannot know them, he begins to speculate based on the DK. That is your responsibility. My responsibility is to say nothing that I cannot say. And assume the consequences of what I say.

That said, and as you all know, I only have the opportunity to discuss my personal experience with the DK1, which I consider to be top-tier information, but having the possibility does not mean that I am allowed to do so (NDA). That has always been clear. Beyond that, the rest of the information is second level, that is, through the mouth of my colleagues, who are subject to their own NDA. And then comes third-level information, contacts at other companies. Then the fourth level information would come, which would be that of the type "a type related to the sector (journalist, screenwriter, etc.) has contact with a worker from a developer and has told him that ...". And finally, in my opinion, would come the start of the dubious information, which would be the type "I have a butcher friend who has a cousin who works in ...". This is where the information has to be taken with the tips of your fingers because you can get burned. The rest of levels, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, up to 4th, is reliable information. Nobody in their right mind, and who wants a stable job, will risk their position for free (within those 4 levels) by giving information that can discredit them. It is possible that within the 4th group there is some erroneous information, but I do not think that deliberately.

Within the group of real Insiders (workers in the first group) there will be no one who comes to a public forum to say anything they cannot say. What we can do is talk about what has already been made public, as long as said conversation does not conflict with other unpublished information. And we can also comment on filtered information, as long as said conversation does not harm third parties. Once all these restrictions lose effect, over time, we can talk about everything. Which is what interests me.

It would also be helpful to make it clear that there are still things that have not been said to begin with. Therefore, branding any possible Insider a liar for the "Road to PS5 aimed at developers" would be a mistake, in my opinion. Surely there will have been one. And others don't. But come on, I think everyone has said what they have been able to say based on each of their specific circumstances. But I doubt that reputable and old users have put their reputation at risk for a time of "glory" knowing what was going to happen. It is clear to think that these people have either been deceived or were telling the truth at that "moment". Because the information goes from "moments".

We are going to give examples.

If you have a January 2019 Leak, it is legitimate to debate that Leak in 2020. But is it correct? Yes, but risky. You run the risk that this Leak, which was correct in 2019, is no longer correct in 2020, and therefore you are wasting time debating about it. Is it correct to debate the heating problems of a system in the DK1 of 2019 if it turns out that when you are debating it, that problem no longer exists or will it be corrected in the Retail version? Yes, it is correct to debate, but depending on how it can be an absurd waste of time using old information, as much as such old information was leaked yesterday. You decide what to debate and what not. And what to believe and what not. But it would not hurt to use common sense a little from time to time. Many times you fight to know that Devkit is the most powerful without stopping to think that this is of little importance with respect to Retail versions. And the specs of the Retail versions, which is what you really want to know, you will not know until their respective companies so wish.

But yes, this is a forum and you have to talk about something. But a top tier Insider will always tell you what he can talk about, and maybe what he can talk about is expired information. An insider here will be more useful once the consoles are released. Meanwhile, what you need is not an Insider. You need a spy or leaker.

As I have done so far, beyond the obvious jokes, it has been giving you indirect information that you could interpret correctly or not. For example, "puberty". What happens if you do the conversion from 9.2 RDNA2 to GCN? What number results?

Then there is my claim that PS5 was no longer 9.2. Given that I think there is no doubt either.

I know what you want. But what you want an Insider cannot give you right now. So I personally do not find it useful.

Health for everyone.

LED Guy?

Banned
I will glad answer any questions to the best of my ability.

I will point out I never had the PS5 above the XsX I maintained the Xbox would be more powerful.

My mistake was I was in the 10.5 camp and was seduced by everyone else saying higher and I should have stuck with my crazy birdie friend.
Thanks for taking the time to reply, you will always be our friend on here.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
So I will chime in what happened with my numbers.

I have a pretty good friend who knows more about the Xbox side of things who was saying 12 TFs both consoles were super close.

I also had my crazy little birdie friend as I have called him chime in months ago the PS5 was around 9.5 who later came up to 10.5 on a latest DK but he also was saying both consoles were very close, within 10% its where I got my number of 10% from him.

Many people here asked me why I was getting different sets of numbers and it never really occurred to me both guys were right about the console they were closest to.

I have tried to hang around here as much as I could and answer peoples questions, several through DMs and will never go and hide.

If someone has any questions be sure to tag me so I see them.

Stay Safe

rnlval

I would not like this response to be interpreted as an attack on anyone in particular. It is not like this. I simply take advantage of the moment to try to contribute my point of view, especially in the general way that it is when it comes to judging information (or sometimes people).

Since I cannot speak for others, I will speak for myself. This was going to be a long text, but I've finally narrowed it down. Since I have been quoted, I will make a general reflection, although I think I already mentioned it once.

All truthful information is only true at the right time and under specific circumstances.

On the one hand there are the Specs of DK1, DK2, DKF and Retail. All different from each other. And people really want to know about retail. But since he cannot know them, he begins to speculate based on the DK. That is your responsibility. My responsibility is to say nothing that I cannot say. And assume the consequences of what I say.

That said, and as you all know, I only have the opportunity to discuss my personal experience with the DK1, which I consider to be top-tier information, but having the possibility does not mean that I am allowed to do so (NDA). That has always been clear. Beyond that, the rest of the information is second level, that is, through the mouth of my colleagues, who are subject to their own NDA. And then comes third-level information, contacts at other companies. Then the fourth level information would come, which would be that of the type "a type related to the sector (journalist, screenwriter, etc.) has contact with a worker from a developer and has told him that ...". And finally, in my opinion, would come the start of the dubious information, which would be the type "I have a butcher friend who has a cousin who works in ...". This is where the information has to be taken with the tips of your fingers because you can get burned. The rest of levels, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, up to 4th, is reliable information. Nobody in their right mind, and who wants a stable job, will risk their position for free (within those 4 levels) by giving information that can discredit them. It is possible that within the 4th group there is some erroneous information, but I do not think that deliberately.

Within the group of real Insiders (workers in the first group) there will be no one who comes to a public forum to say anything they cannot say. What we can do is talk about what has already been made public, as long as said conversation does not conflict with other unpublished information. And we can also comment on filtered information, as long as said conversation does not harm third parties. Once all these restrictions lose effect, over time, we can talk about everything. Which is what interests me.

It would also be helpful to make it clear that there are still things that have not been said to begin with. Therefore, branding any possible Insider a liar for the "Road to PS5 aimed at developers" would be a mistake, in my opinion. Surely there will have been one. And others don't. But come on, I think everyone has said what they have been able to say based on each of their specific circumstances. But I doubt that reputable and old users have put their reputation at risk for a time of "glory" knowing what was going to happen. It is clear to think that these people have either been deceived or were telling the truth at that "moment". Because the information goes from "moments".

We are going to give examples.

If you have a January 2019 Leak, it is legitimate to debate that Leak in 2020. But is it correct? Yes, but risky. You run the risk that this Leak, which was correct in 2019, is no longer correct in 2020, and therefore you are wasting time debating about it. Is it correct to debate the heating problems of a system in the DK1 of 2019 if it turns out that when you are debating it, that problem no longer exists or will it be corrected in the Retail version? Yes, it is correct to debate, but depending on how it can be an absurd waste of time using old information, as much as such old information was leaked yesterday. You decide what to debate and what not. And what to believe and what not. But it would not hurt to use common sense a little from time to time. Many times you fight to know that Devkit is the most powerful without stopping to think that this is of little importance with respect to Retail versions. And the specs of the Retail versions, which is what you really want to know, you will not know until their respective companies so wish.

But yes, this is a forum and you have to talk about something. But a top tier Insider will always tell you what he can talk about, and maybe what he can talk about is expired information. An insider here will be more useful once the consoles are released. Meanwhile, what you need is not an Insider. You need a spy or leaker.

As I have done so far, beyond the obvious jokes, it has been giving you indirect information that you could interpret correctly or not. For example, "puberty". What happens if you do the conversion from 9.2 RDNA2 to GCN? What number results?

Then there is my claim that PS5 was no longer 9.2. Given that I think there is no doubt either.

I know what you want. But what you want an Insider cannot give you right now. So I personally do not find it useful.

Health for everyone.
PS5 GPU has another TFLOPS equivalent from the RT cores besides the shader cores. When RT workloads are factored in, no VII can match it.

Last edited:

LED Guy?

Banned
That was most probably never the case, unless like the person above said they were using non Navi chips.

On topic, some "insiders" probably just got wrong info or confused info, and some are just full of shit.

Let's have a history lesson on insiders... You will see my thought process, and understand why I am very skeptical about info that gets posted.

CBOAT: Treat like forum royalty on here for ages, people hung on his every word. Unfortunately, CBOAT was Bish! Most of his info came from BIsh as Bish is a dev. Because he didn't want to post it and be known as a leaker, CBOAT was born. CBOAT also posted stuff from other people that didn't want their name on things either. Remember the L4D3 screenshot? Man, it was a fucking shame that it was MrXmedia that unravel led that and saw that the L4D3 screenshot came from Ekim. Because MrX and his followers are nothing more than a clown show on fire, it was easy to dismiss. Funny how CBOAT committed public suicide on here not long afterwards trying to tell a respawn dev that the resolution of TF was lower than it was.. Although the info was probably good, the method that was used to leak was questionable to say the least.

Famous mortimer: Lapped up his 15mins of internet fame. Garnered a nice little bunch of acolytes. The only problem was, that he didn't know shit. He himself began to believe his own hype, which culminated in him writing utter bullshit about one of the evo devs behind Driveclub, and as to why Sony shuttered them. He changed his tune when the guy in question puplically called him out, and Evilore banned him... I was in that thread.

Thuway: lol "The parrot speaks the truth". I would put money on the fact that Bish was his benefactor regarding the "info" that he had or as to why some people even considered him an "insider". Shit blog sites even wrote articles/blogs on his twitter posts. Another one full of shit.

Matt: Mr one line ambigous statement insider. I cannot recall him getting anything right. I suppose that he has got believers because his statements are so vague, that he can then just say that that was what he meant after the info comes out. He recently said that he was "glad that everyone had moved on from github". Only for Github to pretty much what the ps5 is.. Just with higher clocks. I just don't get it with him. At the other place, people will dismiss everything because "Matt said this"

Klee. Seems like a nice guy. He got the sony horde hot and wet over at the other place when he started saying that the ps5 was the stronger console. He doubled down on it when MS confirmed the 12TF XsX, and even claimed to have seen the spec sheets. Anyone doubting him was dogpiled for months, and everything was ingnored because "Klee said this" He even claimed that sony had an event planned for February. But when it didn't materialise, his acolytes found excuses for him. Shame he asked for a ban before Cerny spilled the beans.

NKTRNL: Controlled leak.

Bottom line people, be very skeptical about insiders..
Well, I can argue that Matt was right when he said "glad that everyone had moved on from github" because the info shown was stating that PS5 is RDNA 1, 9.2 TF, no Hardware RT, no VRS, Navi 10 Lite, which the PS5 isn't, the PS5 is RDNA 2, Navi 2X, 10.3 TF, has HW RT and all that.

So I don't know what to put his words in the end.

As for Parrot AKA Thuway, well...he was right when Xbox One was having problems with Its OS and the fact that Microsoft lied when they revealed Xbox One's fake OS at their reveal event that took place on the 21st of May, 2013, and he even said Xbox One is a lot weaker in GPU than PlayStation 4 which is true, about 40% weaker, and he even stated that Xbox One will have ESRAM which it came true.

Kleegamefan everything he said was true minus the PS5 being more powerful in terms of GPU as he said "more flops".....he even strongly hinted at XSX being revealed at VGAs 2019 which became true, I wouldn't say he was BSing, he's a very nice guy and like I said, he shared so many things about him and his name and all that to ResetEra's mods.

All I just wanted to know is why everyone was so wrong? It seems......strange to me.

Last edited:

DESTROYA

At this point does it really matter? What’s done is done and pointing fingers at wrong opinions is just dumb.
If you sit back and take a more reserved attitude to rumors and hype you rarely get disappointed.
Next gen should be a pretty revolutionary step up from last gen either way you look at it.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
What I noticed:

- Insiders with credibility kind of went quiet near the MS 12TF reveal
- Insiders with little credibility started yapping about 13TF PS5 after the 12TF reveal

What I think happened:
- Dev kit wise PS5 was > Xbox, but MS hadn't gone to 12TF yet.. insiders were real, but reporting based on devkits not final info, and things can and do change
- Once the 12TF number was released insiders werent' sure anymore and just shut up
- Fake insiders didn't shut up, so we got the likes of Osiris hyping 13TF, it was all just them hoping that since MS was 12TF and so many legit insiders hinted PS5 was stronger, that they'd be right

I actually noticed that real insiders seemed to shut up after the 12TF reveal before Sony's reveal, and posited this theory.. and I think I was right.

kiphalfton

Oh, so you're one of those people who actually keep track of those people who were wrong and make a point to say so after the fact.

Petty. The specs are what the specs are. Who cares if these people were wrong.

Reported.

Last edited:

Leyasu

Banned
Well, I can argue that Matt was right when he said "glad that everyone had moved on from github" because the info shown was stating that PS5 is RDNA 1, 9.2 TF, no Hardware RT, no VRS, Navi 10 Lite, which the PS5 isn't, the PS5 is RDNA 2, Navi 2X, 10.3 TF, has HW RT and all that.

So I don't know what to put his words in the end.

As for Parrot AKA Thuway, well...he was right when Xbox One was having problems with Its OS and the fact that Microsoft lied when they revealed Xbox One's fake OS at their reveal event that took place on the 21st of May, 2013, and he even said Xbox One is a lot weaker in GPU than PlayStation 4 which is true, about 40% weaker, and he even stated that Xbox One will have ESRAM which it came true.

Kleegamefan everything he said was true minus the PS5 being more powerful in terms of GPU as he said "more flops".....he even strongly hinted at XSX being revealed at VGAs 2019 which became true.

The github leak was obviously the ps5. ruling it out and saying that Matt was right is wrong. No mention of the RT and other bits does not exclude it.

There were leaks before the PS4 reveal that showed that the xbox one was weaker. THey certainly didn't come from Thuway. lol And the OS leaks and problems with party chat were first leaked by CBOAT, not him.

Please list what Klee got right? Before leaving the other place, I was involved in all of the speculation threads, and I don't remenber him getting anything right. I also have no recollection of him hinting at the VGA reveal. Seeing as apparently Microsoft rehearsed one thing, and surprised even the host/organisers by showing what they did. I would love to see everything.

Last edited:
Top Bottom