• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Analistadebits is not a reputable or credible source to start comparison threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vasto

Mod edit: once again, this source is not credible enough to start comparison threads. This user has now been given a warning after previous threads were closed. Stick with NXG, VGT and DF please.

wBVDCR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Pagusas

Elden Member
Honest question: Is this game considered good? I see people post about it, but everytime I see it it looks like a budget mobile game. I've always assumed it was some throw away title, but the amount of people talking about it keeps increasing.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

For about 4 months, GAF was great as it seemed every Sony fan were posting every vs. video from DF, VG Tech, NX Gamer and any other random game sites or Twitter accounts. There were times DF uploaded an article in the morning and a thread was created an hour later.

But lately, none of them seemed to do any vs. threads.

The enthusiasm seems to be waning. What's going on?

Last edited:

mitchman

Gold Member
For about 4 months, GAF was great as it seemed every Sony fan were posting every vs. video from DF, VG Tech, NX Gamer and any other random game sites or Twitter accounts. There were times DF uploaded an article in the morning and a thread was created an hour later.

Perhaps people are busy playing actual games on their preferred console instead of warring. There are finally some proper native games out there instead of half-baked BC games.

I would get annoyed reading any of the VS threads on here, cause they are the most vocal. So it's pretty funny to see when the shoe is on the other foot. I thought the Khaled memes are just funny regardless. Especially knock-off Khaled's.

OneTruth

Banned
  • PC version uses a RTX 3080.
  • Resolutions are 1872p on PS5, 900p on Series S and 2160p on Series X. FPS mode activates dynamic resolution, but I have not noticed that the resolution drops at the points checked.
  • Less vegetation density on PS5.
  • Same quality of shadows and textures on all platforms.
  • Dynamic shadows cast by tools (such as the flashlight) are only present on PC.
  • Same drawing distance in all console versions. Slightly higher on PC.
  • The framerate suffers drops in the changes of zones and in places with more graphic load. These drops are more present in the PS5 version.
  • FPS mode reduces antialiasing and ambient occlusion.

Aion002

Honest question: Is this game considered good? I see people post about it, but everytime I see it it looks like a budget mobile game. I've always assumed it was some throw away title, but the amount of people talking about it keeps increasing.
I played the first one on game pass and I hated.

Exploring the ocean was quite boring and it's one of those games were each 5 minutes the character has to eat and/or drink water, to do so you have collect stuff and mix stuff rinse and repeat... Reminded me of Metal Gear Survive... Quite annoying.

Some people seems to like this stuff.

Aenima

Very good if you are into survival games. Its a indie game, so dont expect high production values. But still an amazing game.

Got the main game for free during the Play at Home campaing, and loved the shit out of it. Now im thinking in purchasing this stand alone expansion as well. Maybe later this year.

welshrat

Played this in beta on PC. Didn't realise they had finished the story, I Will update it and play through to the end on my rx6800, should be a step up from the Vega 56 I initially played it on.

Last edited:

Banned
just wondering, could it be that this game really benefits from a high CU count? because that would also explain the 900p on Series S, which is VERY unexpected when the Series X reaches a full fat 4K, makes little sense

Last edited:

Blond

Banned

The series X is finally catching up to it’s prowess and the precious SSD my fellow Sony Pony’s screamed and reeed about four months isn’t making it “punch above it’s weight”

That being said, I’m sure it can run at 4K if they went and optimized it because the series X architecture makes ports like this stupidly easy when porting from PC downward.

Andodalf

Banned

Tools mature. Gaffers don’t

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad

It's better than I thought it would be. I loved the first game, one of my all time favorites, but wasn't convinced by the trailers and info about Below Zero. A bunch of hours in though, and it's more of the same. Mostly in a good way. Still a whole lot of fun exploring and upgrading so you can go even deeper into the abyss. Lots of collecting materials and crafting though, but it's easy and simplified in Subnautica. Eating and drinking is something you can skip by choosing Freedom mode instead. Everything's there, except hunger and thirst. The way I play it.

Got to say I don't care for the story though. Maybe it will pick up steam later on, but right now it's all about exploring, and going deeper.

Exploring the ocean was quite boring and it's one of those games were each 5 minutes the character has to eat and/or drink water, to do so you have collect stuff and mix stuff rinse and repeat..

Go for Freedom mode. No hunger nor thirst. Play at your own pace.

Last edited:

NEbeast

1872 vs 2100p,people realise you can't see the difference. You do you though.

So out of the 5-6 game comparison sites out there, you actually spoke to Evilore about getting that site banned on GAF? lol

No you're the one that got the site banned. I was just asking him why it wasn't allowed.

So apparently ElAnalistadeBits isn't allowed here.

EviLore EviLore I wasn't sure where to put this but I would like to know what led to this decision. Just curious about that's all.

Thank you for taking a look at this.

Next time don't post his comparisons here that have mistakes in them. That's the only reason why they don't allow him here. I'm not the one to blame because I don't post comparisons from ElAnalistadeBits on this site.

However there's a positive side to this.

mod edit: this channel is not credible enough in terms of comparison analysis. If they vastly improve this will be reviewed in time.

Maybe it's time for a review? But I'm guessing they are going to compare this comparison with the other comparison sites to see if he's making mistakes again.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
The original game was fantastic. Haven't played the new one yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom