• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Analogue NT ($578 HDMI NES) |OT| Better than anything, and ready to ship years ago

Chittagong

Gold Member
CIs_YG8UMAAm2yc.jpg:large

Since it starts to look like Analogue NT is reasonably real, I thought this would be a good time to do an OT for it, collecting all the future discussion and impressions here.

What is Analogue NT?
Analogue NT is a high end, third party NES/Famicom, outputting pixel perfect 1080P video over HDMI, with zero lag and no emulation. Essentially, Analogue NT integrates several enthusiast hacks into one slick package. The goal of the device is to provide the highest quality, most uncompromising NES/Famicom experience possible.

What has gone inside an Analogue NT?
• Original Famicom CPU and PPU salvaged from 'damaged units'
• NESRGB board providing NES RGB output
• Kevtris NES HDMI upgrade integrated
• All new aluminium casing and circuit board designed by Analogue Interactive

Key Features
• Works with essentially all Famicom and NES games and accessories (NTSC)
• Provides pixel perfect output at up to 1080P via HDMI
• Features multiple NES colour palettes, including original and PlayChoice10
• Scanline toggle
• Zero lag due to Kevtris HDMI upgrade, superior to Framemeister in terms of lag

Video features (HDMI upgrade required)
• Zero lag, zero signal degradation - 148.5 million pixels/second, direct conversion of video, no frame buffer
• 480p, 720p, and 1080p in NTSC/60Hz
• 576p, 720p, and 1080p in PAL/50Hz
• other features: scanlines, scalers, palettes, cropping, horiztonal position, horizontal stretch, overclocking & more

Audio features (HDMI upgrade required)
• 48KHz 16 bit stereo audio
• full panning and volume support for all audio channels
• full audio chip support (VRC6, VRC7, MMC5, sunsoft 5, FDS, N106)
• overclocking without audio pitch shifting

Price
• $499 for Analogue NT with component / composite output
• $79 for internal HDMI upgrade
• No controllers or cables included in price

Availability
• As of 27 August 2015, the first batch of both HDMI and non-HDMI units are shipping out, with verified deliveries, including OP.
• The first batch (around 500 units) is sold out
• Analogue has said they will announce a second production soon and open preorders

Official promo pics

cc6421ab0fa496b2c3b6681b4f125110c4f2feaf

CIiGPXMWUAAsn4j.jpg:large

CIfW0jqUEAA5Go8.jpg:large

CIHzrdCVAAAyMLt.jpg:large

953149416b35411612d1999eb5f92b6eec765625

5e989a1a925dbe3f6ef84d4267926ce4690dd26d

060fffae2097bba7588014ee30a5813d066cee40

2f0ecfad5d97ed95f8bb316197cce6a08a6d6c60

Custom designed black PWB with original NES CPU and PPU

e07d02d168deea5c18d97c11c7d8aff69d899d7c

gold plated, reinforced pins

bfee57fca3f26c58377340891dee26537d05bccd

precision aluminum unibody

Chittagong gaming setup with Analogue NT pics

YL40AjY.jpg

wqFWPjn.jpg

bHwODX1.jpg

okLvgQV.jpg

yTQKXfA.jpg

ooSMLww.jpg

NiA0tHe.jpg

Videos

IGN unboxing video

http://youtu.be/hDo0hUHM82s

Official Analogue NT videos showing the HDMI features in use

http://youtu.be/NN6qtbWRC5Y
http://youtu.be/CXsZ3LvdfCs

Awesome image quality comparison video from dark10x

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5me9olJYGA0&feature=youtu.be

The troubled history of Analogue NT

uBQ5Yhs.jpg

UPDATE - Read Analogue's side of the story behind the delays here

Analogue NTs history is a tragic farce, with broken promises following over promises. It's truly astonishing to look back at what looks like string of pathological lies:

March 2014. Analogue NT was announced. It was supposed to ship 'Summer 2014'. We now know that this was not even remotely possible, Analogue paraded just an empty shell to press - no gameplay was shown. Charging the 'preorders' immediately from customers credit cards, Analogue funded the R&D and production of the product, going essentially a 'stealth Kickstarter'. Not only was this shady, but it might be illegal as well.

August 2014. On the very last day of summer, at the end of August, Analogue was forced to announce that the product is delayed until 'Christmas 2014'. They claimed that the delay was because of the the extended timeline is a result of maintaining this standard to new processes. In other words, they were trying to figure out how to make the thing. Still no footage of a working Analogue NT.

December 2015. At the beginning of December, Analogue was forced to announce that they still didn't have a product to ship, delaying the product to 'February 2014'. The reason they cited was "we’ve run into a consistency issue during the enclosure finishing". In other words, they had started to manufacture the shell, maybe. Still no footage of a working Analogue NT was released, but Analogue promised that "the HDMI Adapter has a slew of incredible features and a video showcasing all of them will be out on December 17th". Needless to say, no video emerged until June 2015. In fact, we now know there was no HDMI adapter, as the unit has internal HDMI.

February 2015. Like clockwork, once February started Analogue announced that they in fact wouldn't be able to ship in February, but were forced to delay the product again, now to 'April 2015'. This time they blamed port congestion - "due to this unpredictable and unprecedented congestion we have adjusted the Analogue Nt's shipping date to April 2015". Still no footage of a working Analogue NT.

April 2015. Clearly April 2015 wasn't the date either. Analogue quietly updated the date to claim 'May 2015', and reassured customers that "as soon as we accept delivery, we’ll begin assembling and shipping" This suggested that shipping was imminent. Still no footage of a working Analogue NT.

May 2015. May came and went, with no sign of Analogue NT, and still no footage of a working Analogue NT. Shipping date was moved to 'late May 2015'. At the end of May, Analogue was forced to change the shipping date to 'June 2015'. They said "This month we’ve been hard at work assembling and testing." Still no footage of a working Analogue NT.

June 2015. Miraculously, Analogue managed to ship at least one Analogue NT, avoiding another delay announcement. They also finally released footage supposedly captured of a working Analogue NT.

July 2015. With no HDMI-based Analogue NTs shipped yet, and Analogue stopped giving estimates other than 'soon'. They are accepting 'pre-orders' for a new batch, which they are, naturally, cashing at check out. In mid July they announced another delay in shipping, claiming 'we see no reason we won’t have all orders shipped within July and August'. The reason given for this delay was they had come to realise that they are, in fact, a small team: 'It is important to understand that we are a small team and it takes us time to assemble, test and ship each unit.

August 2015. On or about 23 August, Kevtris sent 400 Hi-Def NES boards to 'a customer', which can only be Analogue. Just days later Analogue finally starts shipping HDMI-enabled Analogue NTs. OP's unit reaches UK on 27 August. This means that Analogue was not, in fact shipping when they claimed they were. Analogue does do a first, however, and finally keeps a promise, the one about shipping in August. The final unit is glorious, and more than was originally promised.

Reviews

PC Mag - 4/5

PC Mag said:
The Analogue Nt is one of the most expensive game systems you can currently buy, and it's very limited in its scope. However, it also does exactly what Analogue claims to do, and it does so just about flawlessly. Judging a practically bespoke, very specific, solid aluminum, enthusiast-targeted game system for its $500+ price tag and inability to play any non-NES or Famicom games would be like judging a sports car for having poor cargo space and fuel economy. This is a console for hardcore NES fans with deep pockets who embrace the idea of authenticity in experience from start to finish more than purely the end result. It's the gamer version of an obscenely expensive turntable and speaker system.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2491829,00.asp

RetrogamerNR

GAF's own dark10x has posted the first ever in-depth review of Analogue NT here he did together with a friend of his (JT). It's awesome, super detailed and technical, and includes an much more detailed timeline of events than what I have posted. Check it out at his Retrogamingnr blog.

Critique and controversies

hdmi2.gif

Image credit - Retrogamingnr blog

UPDATE - Read Analogue address the critique and the solutions they offer here

Lies, lies, lies.
Clearly the biggest controversy around Analogue NT has been the broken promises, which have later revealed to be blatant lies. There was no way Analogue ever intended to ship the device in Summer 2014, despite their claims to the contrary. Especially damning was their broken promise of showing a functioning unit on 17 December 2014 - which could not have existed since they only showed a video in June.

HDMI bait-and-switch - Final unit is superior to original promise
Analogue originally claimed to ship an external HDMI converter with Analogue NT. They talked about it as late as in December 2014. For one reason or the other, they did a stealth switch to an internal HDMI unit based on Kevtris HDMI NES mod. This was clearly a much superior solution, but it has upset customers who passed on the HDMI upgrade initially.

It might scratch your cartridges. - Analogue offers free adapters, fixes second run cart slot
A poster in this thread had a problem with cartridges scratching, however OP doesn't. Recently more posters in this thread reported scratching problems on their *gasp* Gimmick cartridge. Your mileage may vary. Analogue announced an adapter free of charge to customers with this issue. Also, they attempt to fix it for second run.

RGB Scart output is overly bright, due to missing capacitors - Analogue provides new cables for free
The review from dark10x and JT shows that the Scart cable Analogue ships with the device results on an overly bright picture and no sound over Scart:

Retro Gamer said:
Analog audio is output through the RCA stereo jacks on the rear of the NT only, and the RGB conductors are un-metered and wide open, resulting in a brighter than expected image. This issue is not present over the component output because the NT uses entirely different pins in the AV out for component video versus RGB.

Analogue acknowledged and has fixed the issue, and will send new SCART for free to people experiencing the problem.

It's either HDMI or RGB, not both. - Analogue converts for free, researches other solutions
After HDMI units shipped it emerged that choosing to have an HDMI unit means you can't output RGB. This was never communicated by Analogue, and has upset players who wanted to have the option to play on a CRT directly out of the box. The root of this problem is that Analogue swapped their HDMI solution halfway through the project when their own HDMI development apparently had failed. The initial plan they sold was having an external HDMI upscaler. While the Kevtris solution is vastly superior compared to the original plan for those wanting only HDMI, people wanting HDMI+CRT are out of luck. Analogue has offered to do conversions between HDMI and RGB for free, and is looking into developing further solutions.

Compatibility issues with HDMI kit - Updated with flash cart such as Everdrive
Some posters have reported that certain games seem to not work on the HDMI unit. GAF buyers report at least Paperboy and Castlevania not booting. This problem has been acknowledged by Kevtris, who has promised to update the firmware of the HDMI kit. Analogue has not commented this, and the logistics of a firmware update are unknown, however using Everdrive seems to be an option, according to Kevtris. The root of this problem is that Analogue swapped their HDMI solution halfway through the project, and due to the massive delays shipped products the minute they got the HDMI kits from Kevtris. An update has been released now by Kevtris, it can be loaded using an Everdrive.

Connector issues
Several posters have reported connector problems. Some games won't boot up properly directly, but seem to work when played through an adaptor or Game Genie, indicating that there might be a connector quality issue. The connectors also seem to be loose, so pushing a cartridge will freeze the unit.

FAQs

How can it cost so much?? This is Alienware territory!
I am certainly no stranger to Alienware! Analogue NT is positioned as a luxury product for a very small target market. Considering it contains a NES, a new motherboard, as well as NESRGB and Kevtris HDMI NES upgrades integrated, the price seems a little less crazy.

Who would even be in the target market of Analogue NT?
I believe Analogue NT targets a very narrow luxury market, people who
• want to play NES games
• want a slick looking device instead of NES or Famicom
• can't be arsed to get an NES RGB board ordered and installed
• can't be arsed to also get an HDMI NES upgrade board ordered and installed
• can't be arsed to order a Framemeister
• want to play both NES and Famicom games with a single device without adapters

But, emulation!
Analogue NT is not emulation. It contains the original NES CPU and PPU, and works essentially with all games and accessories, providing arguably the highest quality NES experience possible.

But, Framemeister or XRGB!
The method Analogue NT uses in its HDMI upgrade is superior to Framemeister / XRGB as it doesn't introduce any lag. Framemeister supposedly adds 1.5 frames of lag.

So, is Analogue NT real finally now, after all?
Analogue NT is real, finally. OP has a unit now at his hands.

What's your verdict?
Analogue NT is absolutely spectacular. It's most certainly the best way to play NES, regardless of whether you prefer CRT or flat panel. The device is incredibly well built, runs original hardware accurately, and the image quality is phenomenal.

Should I order one?
YES. Well, when you can. Analogue will produce another batch. Just expect unreliable delivery estimates, and you will eventually have the nicest NES built by man. Of course, you could mod also a toploader NES with Kevtris Hi-Def NES kit for cheaper. But if you want one slick, polished package, Analogue NT is definitely the way.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Scratching your carts does not sound like fun. At all.

I really like this idea, but there's no way I can justify the $500+ price tag. If it was $300 I might be convinced to open my wallet.

Edit:

OP- you might want to change the image credit description for the pic under Critique and controversies, it says "Image credit - Retro Gamer blog" but the link redirects to retrogamingnr.wordpress.com. There is a Retro Gamer blog and they might not want to be associated with such a blunt image.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Edit:

OP- you might want to change the image credit description for the pic under Critique and controversies, it says "Image credit - Retro Gamer blog" but the link redirects to retrogamingnr.wordpress.com. There is a Retro Gamer blog and they might not want to be associated with such a blunt image.

Thanks for the heads up, fixed! Also, will add IGN's unboxing video to the post.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Should note that the write-up (and gif) were done by a friend of mine (JT). Either way, thanks for dropping that in there.

Did you get yours yet, by the way?

Chittagong

Gold Member
Should note that the write-up (and gif) were done by a friend of mine (JT). Either way, thanks for dropping that in there.

Thanks, I have updated it. Really awesome writeup, very in-depth.

I haven't still got mine since I ordered the HDMI version, and I don't think they have shipped a single one of those out yet, or even shown one in real life. For all we know, the video of the HDMI version can be captured from a raw board, not a finished product.

Hesemonni

Banned
I love the idea of the unit, but unfortunately due to time and money constraints Raspberry Pi II is a better option for all my emulation needs. It looks beautiful.

Legitamate question:

For $500, you could easily buy a normal NES and a nice CRT. What is the (supposed?) advantage to this in terms of picture quality?

Owensboro

Well....that review isn't exactly glowing. If I'm someone who's looking for a better way to play all these old NES carts (and thinking of jumping down the Famicon hole of collecting), what's the "best" machine to think about getting? Is it hard to get this mod you all are talking about (NESRGB?)?

I've read almost nothing about this subject, and your posts are super helpful for a beginner on the topic (especially that blog link)! Thanks for it!

$500 isn't really so crazy if you've been keeping track of retro prices lately.

Especially if you consider a guaranteed working unit with mostly new parts, good video output (when NESRGB runs ~$100 anyway), and slots for both NES and Famicom games, with full support for every NES/Fami peripheral.

I'm not going to buy one but when there are people paying $300 for Earthbound this doesn't seem so crazy to me.

$500 isn't really so crazy if you've been keeping track of retro prices lately.

Especially if you consider a guaranteed working unit with mostly new parts, good video output (when NESRGB runs ~$100 anyway), and slots for both NES and Famicom games, with full support for every NES/Fami peripheral.

I'm not going to buy one but when there are people paying $300 for Earthbound this doesn't seem so crazy to me.

Yeah, I suppose it's for the hardcore that has a mass collection.

Mononoke

Banned

Great review. A lot of effort went into it. Damn, those metal flaps scratching the cartridges sounds like a major oversight. I wonder how during testing, that slipped past them. Gah.

Legitamate question:

For $500, you could easily buy a normal NES and a nice CRT. What is the (supposed?) advantage to this in terms of picture quality?
A normal NES doesn't have better than composite output, so that nice CRT would be wasted. The Analogue NT supports S-Video, Component, Scart, all of which will provide a significantly better looking image than composite. Also, even over plain old composite the Analogue NT has a cleaner image than a normal NES.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Legitamate question:

A "normal" NES caps out at composite output. The Analogue NT includes Tim Worthington's famous NESRGB board that gives you a superior RGB signal. It even supplies a noticeably better audio signal as a bonus.

Comparison video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpdpAxzjmA8

That being said, you can get these improvements by modding an existing NES. In most cases, parts, labor, and possible shipping for the mod is around $150-$200. The NT can also play both NES and Famicom cartridges, and includes the Famicom expansion audio for better audio in some Famicom games. Consider what an NES/Famicom adapter and the expansion audio comes to, and you're just adding more to the cost on a standard NES.

So it's basically a smorgasbord of all of the best NES picture and audio mods. When you consider what those mods would generally cost you on a standard NES, the price actually isn't that outrageous.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
$500 for a NES? lolz

I paid $450 for my record player.
(rega rp1)

and that was considered a bargain.
damn thing has the same quality of an $1000 record player.

$500 for something you really want is peanuts.

DEAL WITH IT

When it came to premium consoleized MVSes, IIRC ArcadeWorks' Omega was preferable to Analugue's offering. I wonder if ArcadeWorks will ever make their own premium NES. Especially after dabbling in the Blinking Light Win...

Mononoke

Banned
I paid $450 for my record player.
(rega rp1)

and that was considered a bargain.
damn thing has the same quality of an $1000 record player.

$500 for something you really want is peanuts.

DEAL WITH IT

Lol I've spent over $3k on headphones. People get too hung up on trying to measure the value of something purely by the physical object and the price. But if you are passionate about something (like I am music), I'm totally willing to pay a lot even if it has diminishing returns past a certain point. As long as you have the money and are being fiscally responsible, there is no issue spending money on your hobbies.

That said, I do get why many would look the price and what it is you are getting, and think it's a rip off. I guess value really is subjective.

The real great thing about this will be the HDMI version (that is apparently not shipping yet), because it provides a true digital end-to-end video solution. Any other HDMI hacks for NES are basically taking its analogue output and making it digital, but this one is grabbing the image straight from the video chip. Of course it costs $80 extra...

I could see myself dropping that money for a perfect device.

However a ~300$ Framemeister/XRGB3 would be more versatile with all old consoles, even if it adds a frame of lag. I'm not that picky.

Waiting for Jeremy Parish's review before I even consider this thing. Doubt I will forego original hardware either way, though.

Dark10x and JT did an incredible and knowledgeable job with their review but it lacks a bottom line. Is this thing worth it for hard core NES fans or what?

ToastyFrog

Inexplicable Treasure Hate
I can confirm the washed-out SCART. Got my cable yesterday, and while it's nowhere near as bad as some of the images that were posted here, it's noticeable... graphics are just a little too light. The need for separate audio cables is inconvenient (since it means I have to switch Framemeister input settings when I swap between consoles) but not a deal breaker. I hope to sort out something for the SCART issue after I get back from San Diego Comic-con.

That said, aside from the slightly too-light colors, the visual clarity is ridiculous on my TV. Once they get the SCART thing resolved, or start shipping the HDMI mods, it's going to be a pretty phenomenal way to play.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
How the fuck do they put all that time into design, only for it to scratch your cartridges?

It's mind-boggling.

How the fuck do they put all that time into design, only for it to scratch your cartridges?

It's mind-boggling.

Well, if they had their attention on other parts of the design, then maybe that part got overlooked. Also, remember that unlike the licensed NES games, licensed Famicom games did not have consistent cartridge designs. Sunsoft, Konami, Hudsonsoft, etc.. all used cart shells with slight variations from the norm.

OP's write up was really great, I didn't know about the delays and controversies surrounding this device. Why do so many of these built-in-the-shed project creators make ridiculous delivery estimates? Well, actually, the reason is perfectly clear, it's because big promises and the illusion of an organized operation sells more product.

I'm in the target audience for a device like this, but again- dat price. Someone in the other thread suggested a wood version, kinda like that consolized MVS. That would be cool if it lowered the price and I could see myself buying it once they get their shit together. But as it stands right now, I'm mostly a retro gamer and I've tried to be wise with my money to the point where I haven't even upgraded to the current console generation. So paying a current gen price for an NES/Famicom clone system wouldn't exactly be wise. I don't like purchases that require a long explanation later.

Khaz

Well, if they had their attention on other parts of the design, then maybe that part got overlooked. Also, remember that unlike the licensed NES games, licensed Famicom games did not have consistent cartridge designs. Sunsoft, Konami, Hudsonsoft, etc.. all used cart shells with slight variations from the norm.

Yet no cartridges were ever scratched by the original console?

RetroReid

So I ended up contacting Analogue about weather or not they have shipped ANY HDMI Analogue Nt's.
They completely dodged the question and gave me some bull response about how they're working as fast as they can.
You'd think they at least try to start being honest with us...

They did however say that they are shipping about 40-50 Nt's a week.
My order number is like #1900 so, based on that math I won't receive mine until freaking mid august!
(First Nt orders were in the #1500's)

Yet no cartridges were ever scratched by the original console?

Plastic on plastic usually doesn't cause damage. Also, I don't think "scratched" is the right term, IIRC a tiny bit of plastic was sheared off, like a cheese grater. Either way, it's not something you want but small enough to go unnoticed before it falls into the hands of the consumer.

To be honest though, I'm kinda impressed. If this really does happen that means the ports are incredibly flush with the cartridge. Almost every console I own has some wiggle room when the cartridge was in. Surprisingly, the Atari 2600 has almost none. If this console has little or no wiggle, I'm impressed. To those spats-wearing gents who are getting this console, check the wiggle for me!!

dark10x

I can confirm the washed-out SCART. Got my cable yesterday, and while it's nowhere near as bad as some of the images that were posted here, it's noticeable... graphics are just a little too light. The need for separate audio cables is inconvenient (since it means I have to switch Framemeister input settings when I swap between consoles) but not a deal breaker. I hope to sort out something for the SCART issue after I get back from San Diego Comic-con.

That said, aside from the slightly too-light colors, the visual clarity is ridiculous on my TV. Once they get the SCART thing resolved, or start shipping the HDMI mods, it's going to be a pretty phenomenal way to play.
I'll be curious to see if they take the necessary steps to solve the SCART issue. In the mean time, your best bet remains component video. It should integrate into the XRGB a bit more easily as well.

When it came to premium consoleized MVSes, IIRC ArcadeWorks' Omega was preferable to Analugue's offering. I wonder if ArcadeWorks will ever make their own premium NES. Especially after dabbling in the Blinking Light Win...

Oh wow, I didn't know it was those two companies that were involved in either of these projects! Yeah, in that case I'd probably hold out and see if a competitor ever shows up. There's a market for this stuff somewhere.

Lol I've spent over $3k on headphones.

200.gif

Ridiculous even when compared to an NESRGB-modded NES through an XRGBmini?

chuseph14

Neo Member
Lol I've spent over $3k on headphones. People get too hung up on trying to measure the value of something purely by the physical object and the price. But if you are passionate about something (like I am music), I'm totally willing to pay a lot even if it has diminishing returns past a certain point. As long as you have the money and are being fiscally responsible, there is no issue spending money on your hobbies.

That said, I do get why many would look the price and what it is you are getting, and think it's a rip off. I guess value really is subjective.

Very well said. Easy test I always tell to GAF.

If someone were to walk up to you and offer the thing you want to buy or it's cash value, which would you take? In this case, if someone walked up to you and offered you this NES console or $578 no questions asked, which one would you take? If you're taking the console, that means it's worth at least that much to you.

baphomet

Well that's what the non-hdmi versions are. An nesrgb installed into a custom nes. Theoretically they should output the same image once the cable issue is taken care of.

dark10x

It's the same board. You can see the difference in our video.

Yes, it's very very crisp through an XRGB Mini (which is what we used for capturing). It is identical in terms of clarity since it's the same board. The brightness problem is a fault of the cable, not the system. It's missing the necessary resistors. It's not a fault cable in the traditional sense - it's an issue with the cable design.

Exactly.

The reaction to the price is one of the things that bothers me here. People are quick to react to "$500 NES?!?!" but, if you check the market value for an RGB capable NES, it's really not far off the mark. Even if you don't think highly of Analogue the company they aren't really overcharging much here.

You'll be paying similarly for a nice RGB capable PC Engine Duo RX as well.

Chittagong

Gold Member
So I ended up contacting Analogue about weather or not they have shipped ANY HDMI Analogue Nt's.
They completely dodged the question and gave me some bull response about how they're working as fast as they can.

My order number is like #1900 so, based on that math I won't receive mine until freaking mid august!

FWIW, my HDMI one is very early #1600s. I am convinced not a single HDMI unit has shipped. They clearly have the tech and it's awesome, but we have not seen a HDMI board shot anywhere.

Worst case scenario: they have the HDMI chip done and duct taped in for the videos they showed, but no production parts. They bought a few months of time again with the video, so soon they back in China printing HDMI PWBs, then they post pics of the most beautiful HDMI board in September, they get stuck in customs in November, units begin to ship in February 2016...

There was a rumor in early 2015 that they had completely failed with their own HDMI efforts. At thet point they must have contacted Kevtris and rebooted the project.

The silver lining is that the solution they stumbled upon seems to best in the market. But they really are making it needlessly hard for themselves by not being honest. Tell us how it is, post your plan, keep us updated like any decent Kickstarter would. Which is what Analogue NT is.

FWIW, my HDMI one is very early #1600s. I am convinced not a single HDMI unit has shipped. They clearly have the tech and it's awesome, but we have not seen a HDMI board shot anywhere.

Worst case scenario: they have the HDMI chip done and duct taped in for the videos they showedd, but no production parts. They bought a few months of time again with the video, so soon they are soon back in China printing HDMI PWBs, then they post pics of the most beautiful HDMI board in September, they get stuck in customs in November, units begin to ship in February 2016...

There was a rumor in early 2015 that they had completely failed with their own HDMI efforts. At thet point they must have contacted Kevtris and rebooted the project.

The silver lining is that the solution they stumbled upon seems to best in the market. But they really are making it needlessly hard for themselves by not being honest. Tell ot how it is, post your plan, keep us updated like any decent Kickstarter would. Which is what Analogue NT is.

Or made by hand with a toaster oven.

They really should have been more honest that the unit was delayed to get the best possible HDMI solution ready. The lack of communication on their part is really dumb.

I have an order in the 1500's for an HDMI one and they similarity dodged my question as well. I mean, I'll wait, I have one of their CMVSs and it's great, but I wish they'd be a little more straightforward about it.

ToastyFrog

Inexplicable Treasure Hate

Hard to say, since I decided to get an Analogue instead of an NESRGB-modded NES. But I use an RGB-modded SNES Jr. all the time through the same setup, and (color issue aside) the NES graphics were every bit as crisp as I'm used to from the SNES, if not more so.

Top Bottom