• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Analogue Nt mini: NES/Famicoms final form - Kevtris FPGA, aluminum, 1080P, $449

A 16-bit "Super NT" is my hope.

I hope Kevtris is currently working on his SNES core.

Kev did say that PS1 is probably the limit for the current tech/ his skills. I think he said N64 would push beyond either current clock speeds or bandwidth, I can't remember which. I think Saturn is probably too exotic and undocumented.

Edit: I also asked Kev about 32X and Sega CD and he said they're very complicated and shouldn't be expected at any point in the foreseeable future.

i would love to play ps1 and 16-bit games on it.

i think that will be worth 449.

since i got an RGB modded nes to Sony BVM, i don't need this yet =)

Started putting together some reference info for my own use and figured it might be useful to others. Basically it combines the well known mapper list you can use when dumping carts, with the supported mapper list from the jailbreak firmware (spoilers: if you are wondering does it support this game/mapper the answer is yes. Seriously. The stuff not supported is beyond minuscule.)

It is really impressive how many supported mappers are for single carts/one off pirate stuff. The FDS is the only notable one missing, but that is known and understandable. Maybe that will happen one day.

If there are any errors or any other useful info that can be added let me know. I made a few notes of things I noticed but did not alter from the original sources until I've had a chance to look in and see if they are truly errors. Obviously I don't have mine yet so I can only confirm as much as the documents say, but will make updates/additions as I get some time with it.

NT Mini NES Core Mapper Lookup/Support

:D

TTIR9AX.png

What was your order number?

Mid 3000s

Sorry, probably overly paranoid, but I'm dubious of shopify's order lookup giving up personal info.

edit: I should add, looking at the tracking number it hasn't actually shipped yet. Just has the "shipping label has been printed" sort of status.

Decider

Mid 3000s

Sorry, probably overly paranoid, but I'm dubious of shopify's order lookup giving up personal info.

edit: I should add, looking at the tracking number it hasn't actually shipped yet. Just has the "shipping label has been printed" sort of status.

Same here and I ordered as soon as they went back up. Hope I finally wake up to a shipping e-mail in the morning...

Checked in on it and status hasn't changed. Still says shipping label was printed and going to be picked up. Chances are I was just one of the earliest to get processed by happenstance and none have actually gone out yet.

Was hoping it'd be here by next week but probably best to just wait to get a delivery estimate.

Decider

Still nothing here. I hope these things are being shipped in order and that international orders aren't being sent out last.

Still nothing here. I hope these things are being shipped in order and that international orders aren't being sent out last.

Feels like it as I am an order number way below 3000. I contacted them and they still just say the vague within this week (a week has passed now since they said that).

I know my Mini wont come for a long time as it will be seized by the local toll collection offices for probably more than a week. I hope I at least get it during November.

Daimos

Neo Member
My order number is over 4000, and I have yet to hear anything. Makes me feel a little better knowing that there are others in similar circumstances.

Did a quick search but couldn't find anything. I highly doubtful it is, but is the HDL open source? This fascinates me.

Sadly no. I don't blame Kev for wanting to get paid for his 1000s of hours of work though. I'm hoping the excitement surrounding this first wave of FPGA consoles causes more interest in this type of programming and the creation of free software cores. It'd be really cool if Analogue released some kind of API/documentation so other devs could specifically target the NT Mini or Super NT with their cores.

The holy grail is having an FPGA box approaching the price of a Raspberry Pi, and being able to mix and match cores from different devs. Analogue/Kevtris are in on the ground floor of these systems being affordable and having the skills reverse engineering/programming skills and passion. They're likely to be the gold standard for the foreseeable future,

Have any FPGA devs shifted focus? I know several are out there on various forums or on YouTube. Not to assume too much on intentions, people do work like this for all sorts of reasons, but seems like if you are interested in releasing your work to any sort of audience it is either going to be for Analogue or AVS. Although AVS would probably require potentially extensive modding so Analogue is basically the only show in town.

Decider

storafötter;252708057 said:
Feels like it as I am an order number way below 3000. I contacted them and they still just say the vague within this week (a week has passed now since they said that).

I know my Mini wont come for a long time as it will be seized by the local toll collection offices for probably more than a week. I hope I at least get it during November.

Looks like they have quite a few units to work through, judging from the numbers in this thread.

I'm anticipating a big, fat customs fee too. Not like I didn't know it was going to happen though.

Decider

I just got my dispatch confirmation and a delivery date, my order was in the 3700's.

Due to be delivered on Monday, too. Impressive! Can't wait to put it through its paces.

Daimos

Neo Member
Dear _____________,

All of the items from order #40XX have now been shipped:

1x Analogue Nt mini - Classic

They are being shipped via DHL Express to the following address:

Australia

The tracking details for these items are as follows:

-----------------

See status

Please allow some time for the status of the shipment to correctly display at the above address.

Thank you!

coughlanio

Have any FPGA devs shifted focus? I know several are out there on various forums or on YouTube. Not to assume too much on intentions, people do work like this for all sorts of reasons, but seems like if you are interested in releasing your work to any sort of audience it is either going to be for Analogue or AVS. Although AVS would probably require potentially extensive modding so Analogue is basically the only show in town.

There will be no devs working on Analogue hardware due to the closed source nature of the board. The MiSTer is where people will be focusing. jwdonal has already committed to releasing his VeriSNES source for the MiSTer.

dcx4610

I really hope they eventually release a new NT Mini that's just HDMI and plastic like the Super NT. I already have an AVS but I'll definitely pick up the Super NT and would like a matching NES version.

ilfait

And it's still ugly and made of expensive aluminum. People should get the Retro USB AVS instead.

And this reads more like an Advertisement then an OT.
I don't own either; I use an RGB modded NES and Famicom. But if the NT is ugly, then the AVS is hideous, can't output in 1080p, doesn't support additional cores last I checked, and most importantly doesn't output analogue. If the OT reads like an advertisement, at least it's advertising a high quality console, compared to your post that's advertising a subpar console.

Top Bottom