• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Ancient Aliens] Nvidia 364.47 driver issues

Jin

I might take the risk to install this today. :X

Me too. Someone says it fixes the Gsync issue with Gears of War.

Someone else on reddit says this effect not only mulit monitor but people who installed Windows 10 through upgrade instead of clean install...

netBuff

Battlefield 4 and Hardline are unplayable with this driver on Windows 10 with a 980 Ti - I'm getting like 2 FPS. Reverted back to the previous version, now everything is back in working order.

MrBS

I installed this driver before leaving for work this morning so I wouldn't have to deal it when I got home to play The Division, I look forward to this being on my mind all day!

I took the precaution of disconnecting all but my main display, installing these, and then rebooting before reconnecting them. Windows 10. Zero problems with the install.

I can confirm that DSR+SLI+GSync is working now. Fiiiiiinally. Although Alan Wake doesn't seem to like it. Tomb Raider (2013) worked just fine.

Thanks for this! I was about to install it remotely. I'll just go ahead and wait till I get up and unplug 2 of my displays. No big deal.

I wonder if remote installation works. I've never had a remote connection actually acknowledge the second display and there was at least one person with a triple monitor setup that was able to install it remotely without issues in the nVidia sub-reddit.

ISOM

Do NOT install this driver. I just tried it because people said it was a multiple monitor issue. I have a single monitor. Welp, I just had BSOD and couldn't even boot into my desktop. I had to system restore my computer in safe mode just to be able to use it. Thank god I didn't disable it. I wouldn't recommend anyone to install this.

Fuck me, I just installed this before work. I intended to go home and try out 4k gaming on my new TV. If this fucks my plans, I'm gonna be pissed.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
What's with the title change?

Axial

Updated today on a Windows 7 PC with two monitors(unplugged one just to be sure), didn't even uninstall the previous driver - just marked the option to do a clean installation during setup. Knock on wood, but had and no problems so far. GTAV runs a bit better with the new driver too, let's see how it'll perform in the Division.

Amaducias

Neo Member
While I didn't have any troubles with this driver, I was one of those who had the infamous black monitor bug.
I only managed to fix it by reinstalling an older driver from 2015.

darthbob

Battlefield 4 and Hardline are unplayable with this driver on Windows 10 with a 980 Ti - I'm getting like 2 FPS. Reverted back to the previous version, now everything is back in working order.

Can't even play BF4 with this driver, just a flickering black screen.

SL128

I didn't see this until too late. They've known about the issue for hours, so why are they still pushing out this piece of shit update?

This is what happened to me after installing a driver 361.43 or whatever on Windows 10. It forced me into a perpetual reboot session that after days of troubleshooting completely fried my graphics card.

tioslash

Thanks for the heads up OP. I was just about to install these drivers for The Division and getting so many reports on issues I feel it´s best to wait.

Quick update just posted by nVidia on the official forums:

Status update: No resolution yet. We are treating this as a top priority. We have finally managed to repro the issue internally and engineers are debugging the repro system as I type. The large majority of systems don't have this issue, but we are definitely aware of it's seriousness and are trying to isolate it as quickly as we can.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the heads up! I'll stick with 362.00 for the time being.

SL128

Well this was appropriate, at least.
ZC0QWc.png

lfvgt

Neo Member
So, I have a two monitor setup and I had the issue while updating the drivers.

Booted in safe mod, uninstalled the drivers, booted up back in normal mode, installed version 364.47 again and this time everything went ok.

But now I'm kind of afraid to reboot the computer and face the same problems again. Did it happen more than once to any of you?

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
So, I have a two monitor setup and I had the issue while updating the drivers.

Booted in safe mod, uninstalled the drivers, booted up back in normal mode, installed version 364.47 again and this time everything went ok.

But now I'm kind of afraid to reboot the computer and face the same problems again. Did it happen more than once to any of you?

Apparently the issue is isolated to multi-monitor setups. They say to disconnect monitor, install driver update, reboot pc, reconnect monitor and everything should be fine. I'll just wait to install the next driver. Nvidia has been lacking the past year in their driver performance. Or I'm not as happy with them as I used to be in the past.

ISOM

Apparently the issue is isolated to multi-monitor setups. They say to disconnect monitor, install driver update, reboot pc, reconnect monitor and everything should be fine.

It's not just multiple monitors though. Single monitors have been affected too like mine but it's more rare.

I keep hoping the next driver will fix this weird issue I started running into a few weeks ago, where as soon as I hit a Kickstarter page, all videos/the UAC backdrop/Steam overlays/etc. cause my system to freeze completely for 10 seconds or so before beeping. Instead, we get this.

I'm sure people are generally right when they say Nvidia drivers are better than AMD's, but it really feels like I got supremely unlucky with my GTX 970. I've run into a bunch of driver-related problems and the one software issue I was hoping would be fixed from my Radeon 6950 (Unreal Engine games failing to load if the game's resolution isn't set to 1920x1200) is still an issue on my GTX 970.

Iorv3th

Thanks for the warning, been waiting to upgrade, haven't done the game ready driver for gears of war yet. I'll wait a little longer I suppose.

I do have multiple monitors.

Apparently the issue is isolated to multi-monitor setups. They say to disconnect monitor, install driver update, reboot pc, reconnect monitor and everything should be fine. I'll just wait to install the next driver. Nvidia has been lacking the past year in their driver performance. Or I'm not as happy with them as I used to be in the past.

I just installed the new driver. I disconnected my second monitor, installed the driver, rebooted, and everything seemed to work fine. I then plugged in my second monitor & got a BSOD. Rebooted, and another BSOD before I could even reach the desktop. Unplugged second monitor, rebooted... Everything is fine. I guess I'll go without a second monitor until they issue a hotfix, but this is a weird one.

Emitan

decided to check gaf since my computer wont stop BSODing since trying to install

hopefully a system restore will fix it?

SirNinja

Happened to me too. Whole computer restarted without prompt or warning, then after the BIOS I just got a bunch of deformed green screens. Then Windows restarted again and I got the startup repair screen. I fortunately had a system restore point handy; I really don't want to know what I would have had to do otherwise.

I guess I'm just going to see how The Division runs without it. (The beta ran just fine, so I should hopefully be good...maybe)

Gattsu25

Banned
I was just about to make this thread.

My PC won't boot after installing the update.

Fuck.

Edit: okay...finally managed to get to the system restore menu. Man, Microsoft sure made it hard to get to those settings in Win10...

Edit2: because I knot this is annoying let me detail what I did: nothing

F8 key, no matter how many times I pressed it, did nothing. I had to leave my computer in a fucking Blue-Screen-Of-Death loop for almost 10 minutes before I was given a windows boot menu. I select advanced options and one of them was for the system restore.

The only game that gives me issues is the division. It's so weird, the game launches and I get the ingame mouse curour but everything else is just black, and if I control alt delete I just get the normal mouse cursor with all black. The only way to fix it from here, is to turn my monitor on and off, which then let's me play the division. Very strange.

Top Bottom