• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ancient (Yuzo Koshiro) announces Mamotte Knight for Xbox360 Indies

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
One of my favorite XNA games. It is very much like a long lost NES title that collectors would be paying out the nose for.

Maybe I'm remembering this wrong, but when I bought the game on Friday night and started it up, I got the JP title screen... I booted it up today and I got the US one... I swear that's how it happened. Anyone else have this?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm absolutely loving the game. I'm glad I downloaded it. Can't wait to play this shit in multiplayer.

HadesGigas said:
On their blog they have big ass images of the fake famicom/nes boxes, presumably so you can make your own.
http://www.ancient.co.jp/~game/mamotte_knight/download/Mamotte_Package_New.jpg
http://www.ancient.co.jp/~game/mamotte_knight/download/ProtectMe_Package_New.jpg

2zdodog.gif

Holy shit. I am so getting that printed out at Kinko's and making a box for my shelf.

Yes, I know I'm crazy.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Oh hey, how'd I miss this?

I'm not keen on Tower Defense games much at all, but I don't think I can say no to "DEFEAT F**IN' GOBLINS!" for $3.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Awesome little game, I am not a big fan of tower defense but this totally did the trick. Great graphics and music, I LOOOOOVE the retro Famicom style aesthetic. Plus the music is classic Koshiro. Great game and totally worth the 3 bux. Would highly recommend it to any Xbox 360 owner.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Sixfortyfive said:
Oh hey, how'd I miss this?

I'm not keen on Tower Defense games much at all, but I don't think I can say no to "DEFEAT F**IN' GOBLINS!" for $3.

It's not really tower defense when you get the hang of it. upgrading defenses is definitely useful, but you'll spend more hearts leveling up your characters abilities, and spend way more time running around attacking people.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
djtiesto said:
This game is so awesome with multiple players. Extremely "pick up and play".
We've had several four player sessions at my place, it's so replayable. I can't wait to try this Survival Mode!

I also can't beleive they're adding stuff to this game so much after the fact, I really hope they make another indie game.

anyone got a marketplace link for this?

I can't find it under Mamotte Knight or Protect Me Knight on the US marketplace. What gives?

Top Bottom