• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

And the wheel stopped on the next virtue signaling celebrity - Adam Savage (Mythbusters)

Lupingosei

Banned
Adam Savage of ‘Mythbusters’ allegedly raped sister as a kid: lawsuit

Former “Mythbusters” co-host Adam Savage allegedly sexually abused his younger sister for years while calling himself the “raping blob” during the late 1970s, the woman says in a lawsuit filed Tuesday.

Miranda Pacchiana, 51, claims the abuse happened when she was between 7 and 10 years old when the siblings lived in Sleepy Hollow, New York.

“Beginning in or about 1976 and continuing until approximately 1979, Adam Savage, would repeatedly rape Miranda Pacchiana and force oral sex upon her, and forced Miranda to perform oral sex on him, along with other forms of sexual abuse,” says her lawsuit, filed in Westchester Supreme Court.

The suit says Savage, who was between 9 and 12 years old at the time, would prevent Pacchiana from leaving the bed and anally rape her.

Ok this is pretty much the worst up until now.

Jesus Carbomb

From Water into Guinness
9qWYQzf.jpg

Jesus Carbomb

From Water into Guinness
Savage denied his sister’s allegations in a statement through his lawyer Andrew Brettler.

“While I hope that my sister gets the help she needs to find peace, this needs to end. For many years, she has relentlessly and falsely attacked me and other members of my family to anyone who will listen,” Savage said. “By spreading numerous untrue stories about us in pursuit of a financial bonanza, she has tortured our entire family and estranged herself from all of us. I will fight this groundless and offensive lawsuit and work to put this to rest once and for all.”

Lupingosei

Banned
Savage denied his sister’s allegations in a statement through his lawyer Andrew Brettler.

“While I hope that my sister gets the help she needs to find peace, this needs to end. For many years, she has relentlessly and falsely attacked me and other members of my family to anyone who will listen,” Savage said. “By spreading numerous untrue stories about us in pursuit of a financial bonanza, she has tortured our entire family and estranged herself from all of us. I will fight this groundless and offensive lawsuit and work to put this to rest once and for all.”

Could you imagine a conservative using the "it is just about the money" or "she is crazy" defense? People would have crucified them already on Twitter.

If this is true, there is no way in hell he hasn't continued that kind of behavior and isn't a clinical psychopath. Kids aren't naturally sexually violent or even sexual at 9 years old unless they have severe mental problems and are proto-serial killers.

I know he and Jamie didn't like each other, but that was more about personalities clashing. Wasn't there something about a conflict with the B team (Kari, Grant, and Tory) that was why the two teams almost never worked together in later seasons? I can't remember anything sexual though.

mcz117chief

It is always the same shit. Male feminists, "allies" and others are usually the ones with the most skeletons in their closets. I never liked him in Mythbusters and some of the crew didn't either (Jamie said so himself many times). When people commit terrible acts of cruelty you can somehow feel it emanating from them on a subconscious level and when things like these appear it starts to fit together. That said, I'm not saying he is guilty, innocent until proven guilty still applies, all I'm saying is that I can believe it if it does come true.

If this is true, there is no way in hell he hasn't continued that kind of behavior and isn't a clinical psychopath. Kids aren't naturally sexually violent or even sexual at 9 years old unless they have severe mental problems and are proto-serial killers.

I know he and Jamie didn't like each other, but that was more about personalities clashing. Wasn't there something about a conflict with the B team (Kari, Grant, and Tory) that was why the two teams almost never worked together in later seasons? I can't remember anything sexual though.

Yeah, that is pretty weird. Raping someone when you are 9? Very odd.

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Lawsuit since stature of limitations is up, right?

There’s never going to be any proof about something from like 50 years ago. He won’t be criminally charged and there’s no way she wins any money. If it happened it’s fucking awful and he’ll skate. If it didn’t and she’s just a loon, that’s really sad too. At the end of the day we’ll never know and probably should just focus on our own shit tbh

iconmaster

Banned
I really hope this isn't true, simply because it's too awful.

Adam Savage's response:

While I hope that my sister gets the help she needs to find peace, this needs to end,” the 52-year-old celebrity, speaking through lawyer Andrew Brettler, said, the New York Post reported. “For many years, she has relentlessly and falsely attacked me and other members of my family to anyone who will listen. By spreading numerous untrue stories about us in pursuit of a financial bonanza, she has tortured our entire family and estranged herself from all of us. I will fight this groundless and offensive lawsuit and work to put this to rest once and for all.

Fbh

Really fucked up if true.

In his statement he makes it sound like this isn't the first time she has done supposedly false accusations against him or other family members. Assuming that is true, he or other family members should be able to back that up.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I'm cool with all those episodes getting pulled for once.

"Raping blob." Jesus christ, what a monstrous childhood for his sister.

BigBooper

Hopefully something that terrible isn't true, but what do you all think about the possibility of someone 50 years old suing someone for what they did when they were both kids? Can you sue a child?

GAMETA

Banned
Holy shit, this is fucked up... it's an extremely serious accusation.

It's so serious I'm not even mad if she's lying... this is not the usual "I was drunk" "I wanted a job" bullshit, this is a real rape description, this is fucked up...

I hope justice is made, whatever the truth is.

Last edited:

Stouffers

Banned
Even though Adam responded to the allegations, Resetera closed their thread because it’s not from what they consider to be a reputable source.

Top Bottom