• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Andrew Yang endorses Joe Biden

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Yang:

Tulsi:

Also Yang:

An interesting note about Yang's thought process here

Yang hopes that Biden is going to veer towards change, but he also acknowledges that Biden's "Obama days" nostalgia tour isn't going to work on those people who were struggling during that time either. I really don't think Biden is going to veer very much, just like Clinton. He is status quo, through and through.

Threatening not to vote for him is more useful if one wants leverage.
It's amusing to me that Andrew Yang ended up being one of the biggest scumbags from the entire collection of misfits this primary. He talked up an ambitious, forward-thinking idea. No, he was probably never going to get the nomination, but at least he put his idea out there and championed it.

Then he sold out to CNN and endorsed the person he was told to endorse.

Yang rn to his progressive supporters:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Jun 26, 2007
Best Coast
It's amusing to me that Andrew Yang ended up being one of the biggest scumbags from the entire collection of misfits this primary. He talked up an ambitious, forward-thinking idea. No, he was probably never going to get the nomination, but at least he put his idea out there and championed it.

Then he sold out to CNN and endorsed the person he was told to endorse.

Yang rn to his progressive supporters:

I dunno about lied - more like he's trying to be pragmatic and try to reform the system from within. It's a nice idea, but when nearly half the people who support you have already stated that they'd tell any non-Yang candidate to hit the road, I'm not sure if he really understands the thought process of his follwers here. A lot of his support doesn't come from people on #TeamDemocrats. They're from people who support UBI.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: DunDunDunpachi

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
Yang:

Tulsi:

Also Yang:

An interesting note about Yang's thought process here

Yang hopes that Biden is going to veer towards change, but he also acknowledges that Biden's "Obama days" nostalgia tour isn't going to work on those people who were struggling during that time either. I really don't think Biden is going to veer very much, just like Clinton. He is status quo, through and through.

Threatening not to vote for him is more useful if one wants leverage.
A lot of Democrats are in denial about the Obama years. This isn't the first time Yang, or others have said that Trump and Bernie are the results of bigger problems, but moderate Democrats don't want to hear that. They want to return to the past of just a few years, and fuck the people who didn't like Obama.

It's funny, in a way Biden is their own MAGA candidate.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Jun 26, 2007
Best Coast
A lot of Democrats are in denial about the Trump
That's for damn sure.
It's funny, in a way Biden is their own MAGA candidate.
Yup. They both appeal to nostalgia. I made a post about that in another thread the other day, lemme find it....

It capitalized on the "anyone but Trump" feeling bubbling on the left that essentially turns into a "make America great again (but with me instead)" message, yeah.

Biden's play is more or less a left-wing memberberries play - the other side of the same coin of Trump's right-wing memberberries play. The trouble with Biden's plan is that Trump's memberberries are way more appealing to his audience, and that Biden's not exactly a populist - which makes his memberberries tainted with the sour aftertaste of the status quo.

I said back in 2016 that Trump's appeal to nostalgia and emotion is strong, and he's really good at getting that message and branding out. Biden can't beat Trump at that game. Biden's never ran a marketing campaign in his life.

As fucking bonkers as this sounds, Trump's experience in the WWE actually gives him more experience when dealing with and directing the emotions of large crowds than Biden's stale old-timey politician shtick.