• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

I think AirPods are your only choice if you want Bluetooth headphones that aren't in ear.

This. Not many options other than this.

The design is kinda impractical for staying in your ear during movement hence not many variations on this.

I found these from Philips for 50 bucks.

DQZOSq9.png

http://www.usa.philips.com/c-p/SHB5250BK_27/bluetooth-headset

They seem to be pretty much what I'm looking for, but the user reviews are very mixed, mostly because the connectivity seems pretty weak. I might give them a try anyway.

Jeffrey

You know, the minimum bezel on the s8 is less of a deal quicker than I'd thought.

Guess the problem is that nav buttons and the top bar generally being black on most apps makes it 'feel' more like a normal phone lol, aka amoled black is the 'bezel'.

So I'm hearing that Samsung has an hdr spec on the s8 and note 7 that no content provider uses? What's the point?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
You know, the minimum bezel on the s8 is less of a deal quicker than I'd thought.

Guess the problem is that nav buttons and the top bar generally being black on most apps makes it 'feel' more like a normal phone lol, aka amoled black is the 'bezel'.

So I'm hearing that Samsung has an hdr spec on the s8 and note 7 that no content provider uses? What's the point?

It's coming. Netflix just this week launched the HDR update. So far it's only compatible with the G6, but the G6 was out first so it was probably first in que.

That being said expect Samsung to be next.

Amazon is more tricky as they don't really actually have a straight app on the Google Play. Instead it's a bunch of hoops. Not sure if they will bother.

Edit: Unless you mean some other spec beyond DV/HDR10 and then I'm not sure?

kaiyo

Dammit! Nope. Didnt know. My carrier didnt (doesn't) have it. I'll have to ask. Is it new or has it been out for a while?

I'm assuming you're in the USA. You have to buy the Xperias out right. The XZ came out October 2016. The XZs (refresh of the XZ) came out last month. The XZ Premium should come out early next month. 5.5" 4K HDR with all the Sony features.

pretty sure Amazon supported the Note 7 HDR

domstah

Can any one recommend a good phone dialer to replace the default one on my One Plus 3? I tried to download and side load the Google Phone dialer, but I guess it doesn't like non-google phones.

I really love my 2016 LG OLED TV and wouldn't want to miss it. Fury Road in 4K HDR is AMAZING.

But I really don't see the point of HDR on such a tiny screen. Same for AMOLED, where it barely makes a difference.

Hasney

I really love my 2016 LG OLED TV and wouldn't want to miss it. Fury Road in 4K HDR is AMAZING.

But I really don't see the point of HDR on such a tiny screen. Same for AMOLED, where it barely makes a difference.

While I agree with the resolution part, HDR and AMOLED improving the colours is very noticeable.

jwk94

So conflicted right now. Idk f I should grab the Moto Z Play, wait for the Z Play 2 announcement (which will likely be disappointing), or wiat for the Moto X 2017 announcement (which coming from a Moto X Pure Edition owner, looks like a step down in almost every way). Ugh, why'd Lenovo have to buy Motorola?

Jeffrey

So conflicted right now. Idk f I should grab the Moto Z Play, wait for the Z Play 2 announcement (which will likely be disappointing), or wiat for the Moto X 2017 announcement (which coming from a Moto X Pure Edition owner, looks like a step down in almost every way). Ugh, why'd Lenovo have to buy Motorola?
Or... One plus 5?unless you are on a CDMA network.

Kieli

Zenfone 3 Zoom has a whopping 5000 mAh battery. It comes with a decent S625 and 3GB RAM. Comes with Android 6.0, but Asus has promised they'll patch in 7.0.

Honestly seems like a decent mid-range phone off-contract.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Most bogo deals are either bill credits or else a rebate card. Idk anyone who just let's you buy a phone and get one free out right if you pay sales tax.

Most bogo deals are either bill credits or else a rebate card. Idk anyone who just let's you buy a phone and get one free out right if you pay sales tax.

Yep. The LG deal is decent because you get a rebate card from lg. No be required. That's why Swappa is getting flooded with G6.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
It was so obvious when they made the dumbass move to use last year's processor it would flop. All for a 2 week head start lol They have some had decision makers in charge over there.
They could have used next year's processor today and it would have still flopped.

They could have used next year's processor today and it would have still flopped.

Lol that's true too, but they would have had a better chance at success at least. They would have retained their value better too. LGs are notorious for dropping in value fast but this looks to be a record.

Now with OnePlus 5 coming out soon at $429 there is little point to get any other phone.

Jeffrey

Lol that's true too, but they would have had a better chance at success at least. They would have retained their value better too. LGs are notorious for dropping in value fast but this looks to be a record.

Now with OnePlus 5 coming out soon at $429 there is little point to get any other phone.

carrier phones is still the most reliable way to get stuff like wifi calling at least in the US. and LG works on CDMA.

op5 seems to be improving on their customer support, which was the biggest gripe, but hopefully they address the weak ass vibration motor.

Couldn't feel it at all in my pocket

carrier phones is still the most reliable way to get stuff like wifi calling at least in the US. and LG works on CDMA.

op5 seems to be improving on their customer support, which was the biggest gripe, but hopefully they address the weak ass vibration motor.

Couldn't feel it at all in my pocket

OnePlus added wifi calling recently into the software a few months ago atleast for T-Mobile. Never used the vibration motor on the 3 or 3t I had. I usually keep my phone on silent. I kind of want to pick up an Axon 7 again if I can find one cheap.

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
Did you get that sorted?

I've had an LG G5, basically it interferes with the phone default security and technically it works but you can only unlock the phone with fingerprint if you lock the phone double tapping the status bar. If you double tap elsewhere, you'd have to use the pin/pattern to unlock the phone and it overrides the fingerprint functionality.

So it isn't as convenient as the stock LG G5.
i use double tapping status bar, its annoying but it kind of works.nova is so much better than lg launcher that it worth it though

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I know "It's Apple", but I really don't understand what Apple is going to be packing in the iPhone 8 to justify such a high price point over the S8.
It's literally made of smartphone dreams. S8 is fine if you don't want to spend the premium. I don't see any issue.

Bboy AJ

I guess that dictionary was right after all.
In display touch sensor. A processor that actually pushes boundaries. Customer service. Won't self implode after a few months. A good looking phone. A fantastic wearable accessory category.

Updates.

Top Bottom