• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT8| ConFuchsia say beta is better

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Got an email saying my essential has been "built" and to complete the purchase

🤔

Andy, folks haven't even seen the software

kaiyo

XZ1 leaked, no smaller bezels lol

wonder what 3D creator is.

screen looks flat, doesn't look like it's 3d or 2.5d glass, easier to put screen protector on at least.

Xperia-XZ1-in-the-wild_1-576x1024.png

Xperia-XZ1-in-the-wild_2-576x1024.jpg
http://www.xperiablog.net/2017/08/16/xperia-xz1-in-clearest-leak-yet-most-specs-confirmed/

DrFunk

V30 is gonna be good, yeah

I'm still deciding if I want to pull the trigger on this Essential. I just don't know enough about it

And if anything, I want to get it from Amazon so I can pull a Jeffery © and return it in 24 hrs if I don't like it

Jeffrey

Think 2017 LG has figured out how to make sexy phones. Now to make their Android skin less awful. The nav buttons always looked off.

Anyone having issues getting sms lately? Nexus 6p, latest public release (7.1.2), using the default messages app. I've had a few people show me texts they've sent that never showed up on my phone and I've even seen one show up on my desktop via Cortana forwarding and it hasn't shown up on my phone.

Jeffrey

More like I hope best buy has some demo units out at some point. Feel like having it in hand is what I need to know if I want or not.

ZOONAMI

Just a heads up. The pixel camera now works on Qualcomm 820+ chipsets and gives almost perfect pixel type shots.

If you wanted to mess about. I really like this phone, but it's overpriced for the hardware imo.

What is this pixel camera? Searching Playbstore it's not coming up

What is this pixel camera? Searching Playbstore it's not coming up
It's just the version of Google's camera app that's on the Pixels, now modified to run on other devices. You can download the camera app from the Play Store, but it won't have the fancy HDR+ mode found on the Pixels.

yagal

Moving on the leaks, a report from ETNews suggests that the South Korean company planning to launch LG V30 Plus smartphone alongside the regular variant on August 31. Despite the 'Plus' moniker, which usually suggests a larger size, both LG V30 and the V30 Plus are expected to sport 6-inch OLED Full Vision display. The Plus variant has been said to come with 128GB of built-in storage while the regular variant will feature 64GB of inbuilt storage, as per the report. The key difference between regular and Plus variant of the LG V30 has been tipped to be in audio department and wireless charging capabilities. However, it is currently unclear which smartphone will get which of these features.

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/lg-v30-plus-price-specifications-features-launch-date-1737360

cdc.jpg

Supposedly Google Duo is one year old today.

Does anyone even use this shit? I mean for real.

*Crickets chirping*

I've never heard of Duo or Allo again since launch, never seen it, never heard of a real person using it either. I'm sure some people in here can claim that they got their entire family to switch to a new messaging and/or video chat system and that it's the most amazing shit ever created, but people also claimed to use Windows Phones and we all know that never happened.

I have a quick question for y'all, not sure if this is the proper place to ask.

I'm receiving a Galaxy S8 today as a gift. Do I just take the SIM card out of my iPhone 6s+ to activate the S8? Or do I need to take it into T-Mobile?

DrFunk

I'm receiving a Galaxy S8 today as a gift. Do I just take the SIM card out of my iPhone 6s+ to activate the S8? Or do I need to take it into T-Mobile?
Just take your sim out and put it in the S8. You should be good to go

Al-ibn Kermit

The SIM card should just pop in since it seems both phones use a nano sized SIM.

Top Bottom