• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT8| ConFuchsia say beta is better

jokkir

If you had to choose one: Note 8 or S8+?

Just got an S8+ and got it over the Note 8 for the price and the battery but now there's a Samsung special with a $200 refund and now I'm considering changing to the Note 8 for maybe the RAM and camera

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
If you had to choose one: Note 8 or S8+?

Just got an S8+ and got it over the Note 8 for the price and the battery but now there's a Samsung special with a $200 refund and now I'm considering changing to the Note 8 for maybe the RAM and camera

Note 8 if you can basically get it for the same price now.

Al-ibn Kermit

For basically the same price, would you get the v30 or the note 8? Note 8 is tempting for the 6gb ram personally but u would never really use the pen either.

Gonna see what's up with the pixel XL 2 screen when mine comes tomorrow.

If it's wack I'll pick up a note 8 maybe. Idk.

Post impressions. I still have time to cancel my preorder lol. One thing about Samsung is the speaker is horrible plus now you missed out on the trade in deal where you could get one for $500. I'm interested in hearing about the screen and the stereo speakers. Hopefully the stereo speakers get as loud as the oneplus 5 speaker.

Do I have to keep Wifi off due to Krack until Huawei (I have an Honor 8) releases a patch? Can I use Wifi from my personal modem and just avoid Chrome? Why was everybody else notified of it except for Google?

Jeffrey

It's either shitty screen or shitty fingerprint sensor location or no finger print sensor at all. 2017 $900+ phones got some major compromises.

Maybe I'll just go find a used pixel 1 xl lol.

It's either shitty screen or shitty fingerprint sensor location or no finger print sensor at all. 2017 $900+ phones got some major compromises.

Maybe I'll just go find a used pixel 1 xl lol.

Pixel XL is pretty nice. I get the random weird issue of not receiving texts until later once in awhile, which apparently they are working to fix, but overall performance is very good. Camera is a beast and you get unlimited lifetime of original quality uploads. Also a free 90 days of YouTube red and Google play music. Thinking about spending over $900 on a phone does not sound appealing at all when you have compromises and no noticeable performance jump in every day stuff from Snapdragon 821 to 835. I might just cancel mine and hang on to my pixel until I see what OnePlus is doing with their next phone in the next few weeks.

Pixel XL is pretty nice. I get the random weird issue of not receiving texts until later once in awhile, which apparently they are working to fix, but overall performance is very good. Camera is a beast and you get unlimited lifetime of original quality uploads. Also a free 90 days of YouTube red and Google play music. Thinking about spending over $900 on a phone does not sound appealing at all when you have compromises and no noticeable performance jump in every day stuff from Snapdragon 821 to 835. I might just cancel mine and hang on to my pixel until I see what OnePlus is doing with their next phone in the next few weeks.

Yeah, I've had my Pixel XL for almost a year now, and other than the headphone jack being on the wrong side of the phone, I have no real complaints about it at all.

Jeffrey

Wow. Android police review of x4 android one is that it performs worse then their normal moto rom.

Lmfao.

$400.

Oneplus 3 launched at $400.

Why are $400 phones so shit this year lol.

Got my hands on the Mate 10 Pro finally :D

If the weather helps I'm figuring today I should go out and take out the P10 as well and see how both cameras compare.

But from the small testing I've done today, the Mate is a whole league ahead of the P10 in low light condition.

If there's any questions I can answer about the Mate feel free to ask, I'll try and help.

Jeffrey

Got my hands on the Mate 10 Pro finally :D

If the weather helps I'm figuring today I should go out and take out the P10 as well and see how both cameras compare.

But from the small testing I've done today, the Mate is a whole league ahead of the P10 in low light condition.

If there's any questions I can answer feel free to ask, I'll try and help.

Wait that's already available to buy? Or do you work as a seller. Forgot which gaffer did that lol.

Did you get a nonpro as well? I'm curious how it holds up. Because on paper the nonpro is way better for me.

Dr. Worm

Banned
Is there any chance the feature on the Moto X4 to stream Bluetooth to four devices will come to other phones, officially or non-officially?

Would love to have it on my G5S+.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Is there any chance the feature on the Moto X4 to stream Bluetooth to four devices will come to other phones, officially or non-officially?

Would love to have it on my G5S+.

What for? You really got that many devices you'd be streaming too at once?

Plus most BT speakers allow you to pair up multiples via an app anyways.

Wait that's already available to buy? Or do you work as a seller. Forgot which gaffer did that lol.

Did you get a nonpro as well? I'm curious how it holds up. Because on paper the nonpro is way better for me.

It was me indeed. I don't participate a lot here because Huawei doesn't have a foothold in USA so there isn't much discussion around the brand in this thread. I still have the P10 too. But I had to return the Mate 9 yesterday... Shed a few tears. Best phone I have ever had, I just fell in love with it in a special way.

I don't have the normal version unfortunately. It's not coming out in Portugal and none of the bosses had one either.

I'm loving the pro but I feel you. I prefer the 16:9 ratio, it has the same camera too... And 2k screen. For me I'd prefer the normal as well. Just because it maintains the camera and keeps the normal screen format.

The OLED screen on the Pro is gorgeous though. Battery so far holds up above the Mate 9, but only in my store routine will I confirm that for good.

Quixzlizx

Is there a guide anywhere on how to make Android Auto and/or Google Play Music usable?

1. Even when I install "Apps for Android Auto," they still don't show up on the main Android Auto screen and I have to open them through the Play store link. It'd be nice if I could get to other music apps through the headphones icon.

2. The Google Play Music options are basically useless unless I have all my music set up into playlists already, it seems, unless the app is expecting me to play every individual song through voice controls.

e90Mark

Oh man. With how much money Apple is putting into LG...watch 2018 iphone be screen lottery. You might get Samsung... Or LG.

Lmao.

The non-XL, that's crushing, is Samsung.

Either way, looks like both versions of phones are experiencing panel problems.

Wow. Android police review of x4 android one is that it performs worse then their normal moto rom.

Lmfao.

$400.

Oneplus 3 launched at $400.

Why are $400 phones so shit this year lol.

i love the part where they celebrate it being "pure Android" and then complain about it being "pure Android" because they want to pick and choose which non-stock features are ok.

fucking hypocrites.

Jeffrey

my xl2 is here. the screen is actually hilarious. the setup screen is white, but even slight tilt it goes blue. Pretty neat effect if you turn the phone back and forth. Like those old 3d card things you had as a kid.

JoseDFrog

Banned
my xl2 is here. the screen is actually hilarious. the setup screen is white, but even slight tilt it goes blue. Pretty neat effect if you turn the phone back and forth. Like those old 3d card things you had as a kid.

So you're saying they beat RED for the first holographic phone?

I tried out a pixel 2 XL in store at Verizon and it looks nice. The muted color thing is a little overblown, but the blue tint if you hold it up is real. I don't know if i would actually notice that in day to day use. Also tested YouTube and no option to expand videos full screen. Whyyyyyyy?

How are stereo speakers?

e90Mark

Samsung still king of the OLED food chain

That pixel 2 screen looks trash
The Pixel 2 screen is a Samsung AMOLED.

What do you think about the blue shift? Is it enough to make you return the phone?

I'm not sure how to take the post, lol.

Jeffrey

man i forgot how slow the animations are on pixel after using oneplus stuff.

speakers are good, but anything higher than middle volume, getting a bit of 'buzz' in my hands when holding the phone. Similar feel with the xz premium I had a while back. I don't recall nexus 6 being like this.

and yeah im not seeing an option to fullscreen crop 16:9 youtube videos like with sammy phones.

Top Bottom