• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Andy Ngo gang-assaulted by Portland Antifa, chemically attacked, in ER with brain hemorrhage

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
They are going to have to vote in a mayor who isn't pro-AntiFa before any change can happen. He's ordered the police to stand down on this type of behavior.

PKM

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2017
ANTIFA refuses to hand over weapon.

Police...cucked!

juliotendo

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2019
Mexico
This is what happens when you have a segment of people in society that:

• Don’t have a real career or stable job
  • Lack of family responsibilities, likely single past age 30
  • Liberal arts major in college
ANTIFA is just a collection of misfits, losers, vagrants, trolls, and morons.

People with real lives and real responsibilities don’t participate in this bullshit. Nobody will care about ANTIFA 100 years from now.

DragoonKain

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2013
If Andy was armed he'd have a right to defend himself with lethal force in many states, as his life was potentially in danger there being physically assaulted by a mob of people. I don't know the laws for Oregon.

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
If Andy was armed he'd have a right to defend himself with lethal force in many states, as his life was potentially in danger there being physically assaulted by a mob of people. I don't know the laws for Oregon.

I am not a lawyer, but if i understand correctly that would definitely be considered felony assault and he would have been within his rights to respond with deadly force.

That should be assault 1, or at least assault 2, both of which are felonies.

Notwithstanding the provisions of ORS 161.209, a person is not justified in using deadly physical force upon another person unless the person reasonably believes that the other person is:

(1) Committing or attempting to commit a felony involving the use or threatened imminent use of physical force against a person; or

(2) Committing or attempting to commit a burglary in a dwelling; or

(3) Using or about to use unlawful deadly physical force against a person

I seem to remember a fairly recent case where a vagrant pulled a knife on a business owner [after hassling other business owners] and he shot the vagrant dead and was within his rights.

Antifa was using weapons in a group setting, i think Ngo would have beem well within his rights to fire upon them. But i am not a lawyer.

Reactions: pramod

Solomeena

Jan 8, 2018
Fuck this shit man, Portland needs to vote out this shit mayor and crack down on these extreme left liberal sjw's right now, hope Andy is okay. I want to call out these fucking hypocrites in this very forum that always say that sjw's/extreme liberals don't use violence, this is the proof you do fuckheads.

Last edited:

Taxexemption

Oct 11, 2011
Fuck this shit man, Portland needs to vote out this shit mayor and crack down on these extreme left liberal sjw's right now, hope Andy is okay.
But if you are on the left, you never punch left, only right. If you punch left you'll be burned like a heretic. And someone has to do something about orange man being so bad.

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
I don't break the law, I don't assault people or do anything wrong but I'm considered a deplorable.

These motherfuckers riot and assault people all the time, and they are allowed to break the law with impunity in democratic cities and are hailed as "heroes" by liberal pundits because what? They dislike the president? As if that is anything new or brave

I fucking hate my generation

Shy Fingers

Banned
Aug 3, 2011
Looking at his twitter feed, he was trying to counter protest.

Was it handled well? No. You also don't counter protest in the middle of a march,

• Triggered
Reactions: Bolivar687

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018

Was it handled well? No. You also don't counter protest in the middle of a march,
Fucking wow, dude

"Oh no, he counter protested. Wow, he might have even chanted back, or God forbid said they are wrong. Clearly he is opening himself up to assault."

Helios

Gold Member
Jun 13, 2018
"Oh no, he counter protested. Wow, he might have even chanted back, or God forbid said they are wrong. Clearly he is opening himself up to assault."
It just wasn't handled properly my dude. Clearly, antifa were there for a peaceful protest.

Shy Fingers

Banned
Aug 3, 2011
Fucking wow, dude

Did I say it was right?

Counter protesting IN THE MIDDLE OF A MARCH might go bad,

LMJ

Feb 7, 2019
Right @Shy Fingers, that's how you end up with disasters...

Just ask that poor girl in Charlottesville, but that was "progressive" counter protesters, so it's probably different huh? ;)

Reactions: pramod

Shy Fingers

Banned
Aug 3, 2011
Right @Shy Fingers, that's how you end up with disasters...

Just ask that poor girl in Charlottesville, but that was "progressive" counter protesters, so it's probably different huh? ;)
With those people, I wish they get jailed too... What exactly is your point here?

Shy Fingers

Banned
Aug 3, 2011
Do you not understand how insane you sound?

These antifa thugs are not a natural disasters.
Then as you do to the left, please explain where the right time and moment to protest is.

Already said that people doing physical assault should go to jail.

LMJ

Feb 7, 2019
@Nobody_Important ,that's all of Antifa, they are violent by design...

@Shy Fingers , just pointing out that trying to be the devil's advocate in this case might be a tad...suspect.

One might wonder if your reaction would be the same if neo nazis (the actual term for alt right btw) were the aggressors here?

PKM

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2017
He wasnt actively protesting. He was documenting.

He had no signs, song no songs.

Is he conservative/centrist? Yes perhaps. But does this mean we attack any right leaning journalist that show up at protest? Is it open season on journalist from media that host a differing view point?

Shy Fingers

Banned
Aug 3, 2011
Sure. This peaceful journalist was horrifically assaulted while covering the Portland antifa situation and you're victim blaming him. It's not a partisan matter, it's a basic human decency matter, and you appear to fail at having any.
The owner of that Project /shut down/ a government division over falsehoods

If you want to support that, that says more about you and this site than me

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
Then as you do to the left, please explain where the right time and moment to protest is.

Already said that people doing physical assault should go to jail.
you can protest wherever and whenever you want (that isn't illegal)

counter protesting marches might go bad, who gives a shit

suck it up, buttercup

Last edited:

LMJ

Feb 7, 2019
Shyfingers, the point is this man was brutally attacked and these psychos are to blame!

The degenerates not only use violence at every turn, but the quic-rete milkshake accusations show that they're tactics may be increasing in guerrilla warfare kind of attacks!

It doesn't matter if he was counter protesting, if he had a sign or was shouting/singing that's his American right in this country, the constitution guarantees it, it never should be met with violence, but that's all these thuggish cowards understand...

You're currently banned, but if you read this please understand I didnt want that, but merely to discuss why I think you're wrong here

TheGreatYosh

Gold Member
Jul 19, 2018
Yeah, these people are only digging a hole for themselves and their cause with this kind of behavior.

I know you exaggerate, but encouraging violence with aggressive language online isn't going to help anything. Debate them and don't stoop to their rhetoric
LOL. You do not understand these... people.

Whitesnake

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2018

This smoothbrain was really out here trying to say that any peaceful journalist who attends a counterprotest deserves to be beaten.

All I’ve ever seen Shy Fingers do is take shitty leftist positions and then refuse to elaborate.

Riven326

Mar 25, 2019
United States
This smoothbrain was really out here trying to say that any peaceful journalist who attends a counterprotest deserves to be beaten.

All I’ve ever seen Shy Fingers do is take shitty leftist positions and then refuse to elaborate.
So what? Are we just going to start banning people who take positions we don't like? That reminds me of something... oh yeah, old GAF. Because that's how it was back then and why I never signed up.

I don't care how repugnant this dude is or how insensitive his replies are. He has every right to express his opinion.