• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Andy Ngo gang-assaulted by Portland Antifa, chemically attacked, in ER with brain hemorrhage

hariseldon

Aug 22, 2018
Two sides pounding their chest like morons is no problem for me. It makes for good reading. And the more people act like idiots the more they will be unemployed asses who will never have a good job (especially since most seem pretty young). That makes it easier for middle aged, overpaid 6-digit salary + bonus greedy fucks like me keep my job.

Last thing I want is a bunch of young eager career minded people who seem like good people willing to work for $50,000. What happens is the company evaluates it's SG&A budgets every year and if it tips to scale to hire young bucks for cheaper bucks, my ass gets canned.

When it comes to saving quick cash, companies will often do the double digit firing club..... anyone 10 years or more (especially old vets at 20 years or more) get canned first. Then next thing you know a bunch of 30 year olds get hired to fill the role. COmpany bites the bullet in year one to cover severance, but going forward it's wage savings.

Thank you to all angry fucktards wasting time in angry parades than focusing on a good career path. Please do more protests! lol
The trouble there is you may save a few quid but the company loses a lot of knowledge and experience. That is usually detrimental to the company's long term health as typically its service or product deteriorates accordingly.

Reactions: Barnabot

Panda1

Jan 12, 2010
I hope Jussie Smollett gets in contact with him to discuss the far right hatred and how much Trump has destroyed America.

Ngo managed to raised 180k, poor Jussie you are being sued for 100k. Just shows Asian privilege again,.

Asians gays getting beaten and chemically attacked on the streets of America! #TRUMPS AMERICA #MAGA-COUNTRY

Dirk Benedict

May 31, 2013
You can find me in Cursed Isz
I hope Jussie Smollett gets in contact with him to discuss the far right hatred and how much Trump has destroyed America.

Ngo managed to raised 180k, poor Jussie you are being sued for 100k. Just shows Asian privilege again,.

Asians gays getting beaten and chemically attacked on the streets of America! #TRUMPS AMERICA #MAGA-COUNTRY
I'm glad he got that money. Not jealous at all. It's like spitting in the collective faces of those fascist hypocrites. Which I am all for.

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
I wonder how long it'll be before Klantifa invade Poland.
it's funny, i was reading an article last night about the unmasking laws certain US states have. they were put in place to protect citizens from masked trouble makers. there used to be dangerous gangs of masked vigilantes beating up and killing people. the masked troubled makers? yep, the KKK.
Antifa love to hide behind anonymity, it lets them create violence without fear of retribution. just like the KKK they are a bunch of scum who wouldn't do what they do if people knew who they were.

Last edited:

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
it's funny, i was reading an article last night about the unmasking laws certain US states have. they were put in place to protect citizens from masked trouble makers. there used to be dangerous gangs of masked vigilantes beating up and killing people. the masked troubled makers? yep, the KKK.
Antifa love to hide behind anonymity, it lets them create violence without fear of retribution. just like the KKK they are a bunch of scum who wouldn't do what they do if people knew who they were.

The hard part about this is that i hate unmasking laws. In theory, i greatly respect our right to assemble. And i could see times where it makes sense to protest in anonymity, because the cause puts you at risk of retribution [civil rights, etc]... i think that wasn't always an issue because crowds themselves provided a mask of anonymity, but now cameras, video, drones, and facial recognition strip that away.

But i can't condone the masked violence of antifa. The only middle ground i can come up with is that any violence committed while masked gets a 5x punishment multiplier. But the increased ability to escape punishment entirely is a major issue.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Toecutter

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
Remember Auburn, Al when LEO's required AntiFa to unmask if they wanted to protest? Thanks to the laws requiring the KKK to not hide their identity,

Reactions: Oner and EviLore

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
i could see times where it makes sense to protest in anonymity, because the cause puts you at risk of retribution [civil rights, etc]... i think that wasn't always an issue because crowds themselves provided a mask of anonymity, but now cameras, video, drones, and facial recognition strip that away.
but the thing is, if you are there protesting, and cops start busting it up, having your face covered or not is not going to stop police from taking you away. i have seen many protests, i have been to many protests. i see anti-war protests often. i see protests outside of places of business. i went to an Occupy protest in Texas. none of them had masses of people covering their face.

a protest is meant to draw PUBLIC attention to a problem. you lose your anonymity to some degree in public. it is important to put faces to an issue, to show that people care. again i've been to many protests, none of them had people covering their faces for this fear. i know people that have been arrested at protests, wearing a helmet wouldn't have saved them. only reason to be masked is if you plan on doing something that could get you into trouble. i don't think anonymity is required.

feel like this is part of internet culture transferring over to IRL. they want the same protection they have while hiding behind a keyboard. if you look at historical protests, if you look at the US civil rights movement, those people were putting their lives on the line. quite often, being seen was the whole point! they were not cowards like Antifa.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
Remember Auburn, Al when LEO's required AntiFa to unmask if they wanted to protest? Thanks to the laws requiring the KKK to not hide their identity,

Like I said, they would not last long in the dirty.

And this is not even the opposition getting the chance to defend themselves (since they won't attack unmasked). It would be very ugly for them.

Last edited:

Ornlu

Oct 31, 2018
Like I said, they would not last long in the dirty.

And this is not even the opposition getting the chance to defend themselves (since they won't attack unmasked). It would be very ugly for them.
I know it's opening up a whole can of worms, but I'd be in favor of extending that kind of rule to the internet/phone lines as well. Sorry, if you want to sales call me 20 times a day or shitpost about killing babies of my skin color I'm gonna need a valid name visible and available to everyone involved in the communication.

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
but the thing is, if you are there protesting, and cops start busting it up, having your face covered or not is not going to stop police from taking you away. i have seen many protests, i have been to many protests. i see anti-war protests often. i see protests outside of places of business. i went to an Occupy protest in Texas. none of them had masses of people covering their face.

a protest is meant to draw PUBLIC attention to a problem. you lose your anonymity to some degree in public. it is important to put faces to an issue, to show that people care. again i've been to many protests, none of them had people covering their faces for this fear. i know people that have been arrested at protests, wearing a helmet wouldn't have saved them. only reason to be masked is if you plan on doing something that could get you into trouble. i don't think anonymity is required.

feel like this is part of internet culture transferring over to IRL. they want the same protection they have while hiding behind a keyboard. if you look at historical protests, if you look at the US civil rights movement, those people were putting their lives on the line. quite often, being seen was the whole point! they were not cowards like Antifa.
I'm thinking more like a gay rights parade before it was socially acceptable to be openly homosexual. The crowd, plus a small bandana, etc, may allow someone to avoid being fired or otherwise persecuted [real or imagined]. I can see use in that.

Likewise, protest in countries where there is risk of crackdown on dissidents would also qualify. Any situation in which someone could review footage of a protest, identify everyone, then 'disappear' or persecute them, really.

Because these sitations have and are a reality, i can see a valid reason for people peacefully assembling to want to wear light masks [not combat masks like antifa]. But antifas use of them is with criminal intent, making it hard to justify at all.

Basically, like i said, i struggle with the issue. Wearing a mask shouldn't be a crime, but wearing a mask with intent to harm should... but that difference is intent, which is a difficult hurdle.

Last edited:
Reactions: #Phonepunk#

DKehoe

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2007
I'm thinking more like a gay rights parade before it was socially acceptable to be openly homosexual. The crowd, plus a small bandana, etc, may allow someone to avoid being fired or otherwise persecuted [real or imagined]. I can see use in that.

Likewise, protest in countries where there is risk of crackdown on dissidents would also qualify. Any situation in which someone could review footage of a protest, identify everyone, then 'disappear' or persecute them, really.

Because these sitations have and are a reality, i can see a valid reason for people peacefully assembling to want to wear light masks [not combat masks like antifa]. But antifas use of them is with criminal intent, making it hard to justify at all.

Basically, like i said, i struggle with the issue. Wearing a mask shouldn't be a crime, but wearing a mask with intent to harm should... but that difference is intent, which is a difficult hurdle.
We’re also living in a time where facial recognition technology is on the verge of being implemented on a wide scale. That’s going to make it easy for those in power to identify those supporting a particular cause. If that cause is beating the shit out of people who have different views than you then yeh it’s not a bad thing for those people to be identified. But it can easily be abused.

Doczu

Aug 17, 2012
Poland
I wonder how long it'll be before Klantifa invade Poland.
Oh they've been here, got their asses kicked a few times, are ridiculed as "HIV catchers" (polish anti AntiFa chant), general populace don't like them.
As smelly, as skinny, as mentally unstable as the other branches, but can't even get media coverage.

The only time they made some media headlines was during the 2011 Independence Day, but only because they were German (invader type AntiFa) that beat families with flags and people in historical clothing (muh fascism) and had to run to a commie news joint to escape the lynching that was upon them.
Man, fascists togetger with commies. Now where have i seen that before? 🤔🤔

Enygger_Tzu

Banned
Jul 7, 2018
Oh they've been here, got their asses kicked a few times, are ridiculed as "HIV catchers" (polish anti AntiFa chant), general populace don't like them.
As smelly, as skinny, as mentally unstable as the other branches, but can't even get media coverage.

The only time they made some media headlines was during the 2011 Independence Day, but only because they were German (invader type AntiFa) that beat families with flags and people in historical clothing (muh fascism) and had to run to a commie news joint to escape the lynching that was upon them.
Man, fascists togetger with commies. Now where have i seen that before? 🤔🤔
Commie= left fascist.

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014

Solid breakdown, some new footage of another attack [man walking gets maced for no apparent reason], footage of cops standing down while antifa marches [unpermitted] walks down one way street the wrong way, causing traffic issues.

Reactions: EviLore

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013

Solid breakdown, some new footage of another attack [man walking gets maced for no apparent reason], footage of cops standing down while antifa marches [unpermitted] walks down one way street the wrong way, causing traffic issues.
It’s almost as if they want somebody to get shot to escalate shit.

I try not to delve too much into conspiracy, but man it sure seems so.

Reactions: CatLady

DragoonKain

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2013
Serious question. I know nothing about antifa other than the mob beatings and shit they do.

Is there anything good they’ve actually done at any point? It’s not a rhetorical question, I honestly want to know. Have they raised money for causes or protected anyone?

The reason I ask is because when I see people defend them they always say something along the lines of “they’re anti-fascist, what’s so bad about that?” When I’ve seen nothing to suggest they’re anti fascist other than the name says they are. Which, I’d like to think anchors and commentators would be smart enough to not just go by a name to decide on if any faction is good. So I’m wondering if there is something at some point they did that was good or are people legitimately backing them because of what they named their group?

I mean, I could start a group called Peace to All and if all we did was go around terrorizing people what the hell would would the damn name if the group matter?

Reactions: Shaqazooloo

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
Serious question. I know nothing about antifa other than the mob beatings and shit they do.

Is there anything good they’ve actually done at any point? It’s not a rhetorical question, I honestly want to know. Have they raised money for causes or protected anyone?

The reason I ask is because when I see people defend them they always say something along the lines of “they’re anti-fascist, what’s so bad about that?” When I’ve seen nothing to suggest they’re anti fascist other than the name says they are. Which, I’d like to think anchors and commentators would be smart enough to not just go by a name to decide on if any faction is good. So I’m wondering if there is something at some point they did that was good or are people legitimately backing them because of what they named their group?

I mean, I could start a group called Peace to All and if all we did was go around terrorizing people what the hell would would the damn name if the group matter?
No.

Last edited:
Reactions: JimmyJones

Kenpachii

Mar 23, 2018
Ask them what the definition is before they do it to you.

Ask them what definition means.

They are just hooligans nothing more.

Hiding there faces because they know what they do is illigal and not allowed.

Nobody hides there face if they want to help a old lady pass the street.

Last edited:

Saruhashi

Oct 2, 2018

Historically, yes. With the build up to WW2 and throughout the course of WW2 being the obvious example.

In 2019 in Portland USA? Probably not.
Oregon and Washington states have been Democrat since the late 1980s and are well known as progressive or "far left" parts of the US.

If anything this part of the USA probably would have the lowest "fascist" presence in the entire country yet they seem to have the strongest and most extreme"anti-fascist" element.

Personally, I could understand if there was a legitimate KKK rally going on or some demonstrable rise of Fascism in Oregon and Washington but that doesn't seem to be the case.

A lot of times it doesn't even seem clear WHY Anti-Fa are on the streets and HOW they are selecting their targets for violent action.
At the weekend they were supposed to be there to opposed a Proud Boys rally. Yet, they are beating up journalists? WTF.

They are thugs operating in areas where they basically have no opposition, like Portland, and targeting people who can't or won't fight back.

Also, yes, people are literally that fucking stupid that the name "anti-fa" is enough of a justification. "They are against Fascism, aren't you?".

sahlberg

Gold Member
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
Historically, yes. With the build up to WW2 and throughout the course of WW2 being the obvious example.

In 2019 in Portland USA? Probably not.
Oregon and Washington states have been Democrat since the late 1980s and are well known as progressive or "far left" parts of the US.

If anything this part of the USA probably would have the lowest "fascist" presence in the entire country yet they seem to have the strongest and most extreme"anti-fascist" element.

Personally, I could understand if there was a legitimate KKK rally going on or some demonstrable rise of Fascism in Oregon and Washington but that doesn't seem to be the case.

A lot of times it doesn't even seem clear WHY Anti-Fa are on the streets and HOW they are selecting their targets for violent action.
At the weekend they were supposed to be there to opposed a Proud Boys rally. Yet, they are beating up journalists? WTF.

They are thugs operating in areas where they basically have no opposition, like Portland, and targeting people who can't or won't fight back.

Also, yes, people are literally that fucking stupid that the name "anti-fa" is enough of a justification. "They are against Fascism, aren't you?".
Most of the core are hard line communists and this is their militant wing.
They have been around for ~100 years now. Every ten years or so they flare up in europe.

I remember at Uni, my uni-town, they did not even need a counter protest to protest against.
Set fire to a few cars, break windows and a few molotovs into the bank branch office and then fisty-cuffs with the cops that shows up.
That was the norm. Break things, set shit on fire and fistfights with the cops.

As always, US takes it to the extreme. Now these fuckers are attacking innocent bystanders.
Send in real cops and start cracking heads. Problem will be solved almost immediately. Twig arm tries to swipe at someone, well built cop puts him down for the day, or two, or three.

Barnabot

Oct 16, 2018
Based on this article

I think things should either go to 'unmask everyone down the road of doing protests or else they could go to jail in case they wanted to behave like raging animals during a protest. And if being in jail is not the answer then at least they could be prosecuted accordinly since their faces are revealed.

But Tim pool has another idea for that:

"Go for their resources." "Who's funding their milkshakes?" "What organizations are collecting these funds?"

Pumpkin Seeds

Jul 13, 2018
Far left domestic terrorism has always had shelter within higher education, the media and sometimes the church. The local government protection is an advancement of shelters for them.

The Weathermen had members writing in small local papers, acting as propaganda and messaging service same as AntiFa has sympathizers in outlets now. And the rich elite always fantasize their radicals. They were their roman gladiators, but at least the black militant groups of the 70s looked the part of soldiers. It's weird to fantasize AntiFa, considering how pathetic they appear.

So I was not shocked at all by the complicit to tame corporate media response.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arelyon

JohnnyFootball

The Last of Us may be third person, but it is hardly third person.
Jan 20, 2014

No, Antifa doesn't even know what they are doing. I have listened to Andy Ngo, he isn't that conservative. He has far more in common with centrist Democrats than pre-Trump Republicans.

TrainedRage

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2018
USA

I believe, but am not 100% sure, these pics are from portland, austin, and phoenix.

I don't care that they are armed. I do care they come armed, masked, stupid, and looking for trouble.
I see 3 WWII era bolt actions, a baseball bat and 3 airsoft guns. I'm literally shaking in fear.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013

I believe, but am not 100% sure, these pics are from portland, austin, and phoenix.

I don't care that they are armed. I do care they come armed, masked, stupid, and looking for trouble.
Nothing strikes more fear in me than commie larpers in their sister’s stretch, I mean skinny jeans.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
@matt404au didn't ask if they were smart.

Tim pool has said redneck rebellion seems trained and disciplined, don't know if that's true.
They looked sloppy as fuck in Charlottesville videos.

My bet would be on real rednecks who are trained since birth, over the wannabes.

TrainedRage

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2018
USA
I bet if they had a real gun they would get winded bringing it to aim, have a heart attack and get stretchered back to moms house.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004

Kind of a garbage take from Eric Weinstein. I don't agree that the broader respective sides on the left and right each cheer on the fringe elements on their "team." The mainstream right typically condemns fringe far-right extremists and moves to disassociate, but we haven't been seeing that from the left with far-left extremists like Antifa.

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
i see what he's saying about the fringes controlling the narrative, as they seem to grip hold of the zeitgeist and undercurrent and never let go because they're willing to go places gentler souls aren't

but i still think the rest of what he's saying is garbo

Last edited:

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
I'm really confused why those who endlessly condemned Smollet's hoax attack are completely silent when we have an actual attack on video [yet again].

I'm also confused as to why Chicago diverted so much manpower to resolving the situation and PDX police seem to be silent.

I want to believe, that after Covington and Smollet, after Berkeley and ngo, after Philly and the rest, the silent ones are slowly coming to the realization they are on the side of the real authoritarian fascists. I want to believe, but i don't. Instead, i bet the are secretly hoping someone gets seriously hurt or killed in a way that supports their narrative.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
also disagree that the center is cowardly, they understand that stupid shit outputs stupid prizes and want no part of it

like really what do you want the moderates to do, they're already telling the antifa types and authoritarian fringe to fuck off, but those people are knee deep in their own echo chambers ~ so unless you wanna risk your life via infiltration and doxxing, it's not a game worth playing

we're in a pretty dark place right now with clans and cliques and group affiliation, bolstered by social media and powerful technologies that let people event plan all kinds of heinous shit behind closed doors

i don't envy the NSA and FBI's work load

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia

Kind of a garbage take from Eric Weinstein. I don't agree that the broader respective sides on the left and right each cheer on the fringe elements on their "team." The mainstream right typically condemns fringe far-right extremists and moves to disassociate, but we haven't been seeing that from the left with far-left extremists like Antifa.
I see that from both of the Weinsteins a lot. They must pay homage to their progressive roots and struggle to criticise people and ideas coming from the modern so-called "progressives", so they just end up lazily both sidesing. It really isn't a both sides problem at this point in time.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
also disagree that the center is cowardly, they understand that stupid shit outputs stupid prizes and want no part of it

like really what do you want the moderates to do, they're already telling the antifa types and authoritarian fringe to fuck off, but those people are knee deep in their own echo chambers ~ so unless you wanna risk your life via infiltration and doxxing, it's not a game worth playing

we're in a pretty dark place right now with clans and cliques and group affiliation, bolstered by social media and powerful technologies that let people event plan all kinds of heinous shit behind closed doors

i don't envy the NSA and FBI's work load
Those more in the center will show one real fast that they're not cowards when push comes to shove.

Don’t tread.

Reactions: autoduelist

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Reactions: DeepEnigma