• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Andy Ngo gang-assaulted by Portland Antifa, chemically attacked, in ER with brain hemorrhage

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
It definitely seems their are more "people of color" in the racist Proud Boys organization than in the inclusive, non-threatening antifa. 🤷‍♂️
It seems those who are proud of their country and freedom of speech (1A) are a melting pot of multicultural backgrounds, one of the foundations/pillars of America; and those who want to destroy the moral fabric and hate the country, are all white, hooded, commie larpers.

:pie_thinking:

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2014
P-Town
Ah well that's not exactly a thing right now. None of those kids fit the homeless bill today. If antifa was in Eugene it would totally fit, lol.

I guess you are too.
And how would you know? You don't even live near Portland. Aren't you in some "small hick town" or something like that? The rank and file of most every extremist group are filled with dumb people that can't think for themselves. What makes you think antifa is any different? Those dumb people in Portland often happen to be young, homeless street kids with drug habits.

Reactions: Tesseract

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
Antifa seems like Crust Punk types we see around my city. These are “homeless” kids that clearly come from suburban backgrounds and usually have malnourished dogs in tow. They dumpster dive and give each other diy tattoos.

The few times I’ve had a homeless person yell at me for not giving them free things were from these pricks. They also used to lounge around behind shopping areas and intimidated my bartender friend after she got out of work. If regular homeless are a sad fact of life then Crusty kids are privileged idiots cosplaying as homeless

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2014
P-Town
This section of the interview is fantastic. Joe gets it and I am one of those people that get's angry and wants to go down there and support Andy. I have a family though and I am not risking that to go and fight these pathetic fucking cowards.

Last edited:

ssolitare

Manbaby: The Member
Jan 12, 2009
And how would you know? You don't even live near Portland. Aren't you in some "small hick town" or something like that? The rank and file of most every extremist group are filled with dumb people that can't think for themselves. What makes you think antifa is any different? Those dumb people in Portland often happen to be young, homeless street kids with drug habits.
I'm not telling you where, but I'm between Portland and Eugene, and spend all of my time in those two cities.

Antifa is not filled with homeless people. It comprises of young energetic educated people who have time to fight and "change the system". They aren't homeless, the homeless don't have the energy, and don't care.

In fact, in Eugene it's trendy for young people to sit on the downtown street corners and act homeless with their deeply worn sweatpants and music and shit, but that's another story.

Last edited:

ssolitare

Jan 12, 2009
what exactly did Antifa accomplish that day besides assaulting Ngo?

Is that what you consider "fighting the system'?
This doesn't have anything to do with what I'm talking about. I'm talking about something else.

Apr 18, 2014
P-Town
i finally got through the Rogan podcast with Andy and it is really interesting to see the contrast between this one and the Weinstein Interview. Andy was really struggling during the Weinstein interview to articulate himself and it felt clear that he was struggling with anxiety (maybe PTSD?) along with the effects of the brain injury. I've never really heard Andy speak much before this, just followed his twitter account for the reporting.

During the Rogan interview he is much more composed and articulate. Given Joe's audience size you'd think Andy would be nervous but he did great. That tells me he was pretty severely impacted by the attack.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tesseract
Apr 18, 2014
P-Town
Say what you want to say; dancing around your argument and fencing with words isn't going to do anything other than convince people that you support Antifa but don't want to say it out loud.
He has said it out loud though. I'm starting to wonder which masked coward in the video he is since this seems to have triggered him quite a bit.

ssolitare

Jan 12, 2009
Say what you want to say; dancing around your argument and fencing with words isn't going to do anything other than convince people that you support Antifa but don't want to say it out loud.
He has said it out loud though. I'm starting to wonder which masked coward in the video he is since this seems to have triggered him quite a bit.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Have fun.

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
I'm not telling you where, but I'm between Portland and Eugene, and spend all of my time in those two cities.

Antifa is not filled with homeless people. It comprises of young energetic educated people who have time to fight and "change the system". They aren't homeless, the homeless don't have the energy, and don't care.

In fact, in Eugene it's trendy for young people to sit on the downtown street corners and act homeless with their deeply worn sweatpants and music and shit, but that's another story.
Either you're admitting to being Antifa, or you're talking out your ass.

[They're the same picture.gif]

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Off Duty Ninja

DragoonKain

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2013
It's been said before by others, but Antifa is basically comprised of people who are down on their luck and blame the world for all their problems. People who are desperate or are unhappy in life generally are angry people. Angry people always look for someone to blame. Antifa was given targets to blame for all their problems. And then some probably are well-off in life financially or whatever, but they are probably loners who have no purpose and want somewhere to fit in, so they just hop aboard. And as long as you're angry, you won't view situations logically, rationally, or clearly. Most of them are totally brainwashed at this point, it'll take something of major significance to bring them back to reality, if they even can be at all. Joe is right, eventually shit is going to hit the fan eventually, and I fear a massive clash of violence incoming at some point. Then these morons who got so caught up in this "cause" over nothing but anger redirected can have plenty of time to think about it in a prison cell.

The dynamic is really no different than how gangs form tbh, just on a smaller and less extreme scale. These violent and angry groups all start relatively the same way.

Yoshi

Gold Member
May 4, 2005
Germany
www.gaming-universe.de
I do not know how it is in the US, but in Germany I would agree that Antifa comprises of many young and educated people, but it is important to keep in mind how they use their energy. Exerting violence "to change the system" is not an acceptable course of action. Being energetic is fine, but use your energy in productive, rather than destructive ways. While you do not explicitly say that you agree with violent acts, and trust you do not, it is important to stress that the methods are important.

So are antifa members generally homeless losers? No. Do they have respectable goals? In many cases yes. Are their means to achieve those goals fine? Fucking no, it's disgusting to physically attack other people for disagreeing. You are doing more of a disservice to your own goals by exerting violence to achieve them , you convince nobody. You even give the counterside massive ammunition to push your aims under the bus together with your methods.

ssolitare

Jan 12, 2009
You are a coward in real life, It shows in the way you post with passive aggressiveness on the internet. I feel sorry for you honestly. And by chance if you are taking part in Antifa, you will eventually win your stupid prizes, karma is a bitch.
What if I just don't like you @Solomeena?

Apr 18, 2014
P-Town
I do not know how it is in the US, but in Germany I would agree that Antifa comprises of many young and educated people, but it is important to keep in mind how they use their energy. Exerting violence "to change the system" is not an acceptable course of action. Being energetic is fine, but use your energy in productive, rather than destructive ways. While you do not explicitly say that you agree with violent acts, and trust you do not, it is important to stress that the methods are important.

So are antifa members generally homeless losers? No. Do they have respectable goals? In many cases yes. Are their means to achieve those goals fine? Fucking no, it's disgusting to physically attack other people for disagreeing. You are doing more of a disservice to your own goals by exerting violence to achieve them , you convince nobody. You even give the counterside massive ammunition to push your aims under the bus together with your methods.
In Portland they're mostly homeless losers. I'm sure there's some fine folks too though. Just find the people without masks and helmets.

ssolitare

Jan 12, 2009

Yeah I'm the US, or rather Portland it's different. They're just violence compelled, young and dumb people.

But I was explaining simply, that they aren't homeless people. That's all. If you know the homeless in Portland, they don't give a shit about antifa. The antifa variety is a very specific group.

Apr 18, 2014
P-Town
Yeah I'm the US, or rather Portland it's different. They're just violence compelled, young and dumb people.

But I was explaining simply, that they aren't homeless people. That's all. If you know the homeless in Portland, they don't give a shit about antifa. The antifa variety is a very specific group.
WOW, you finally made your point. Congratulations!

Of course not all the homeless people are Antifa but that doesn't mean that Antifa doesn't have homeless street junkies among their ranks. Jesus you are fucking dense.

• Fire
Reactions: matt404au

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014

Unless you are in antifa and know their membership intimately, or blanket judge the skyrocketing homeless in portland, you continue to talk out your ass. Im sure most antifa aren't homeless. I also would bet some antifa types have travelled there and live in tents and campers.

Last edited:

Yoshi

Gold Member
May 4, 2005
Germany
www.gaming-universe.de
Unless you are in antifa and know their membership intimately, or blanket judge the skyrocketing homeless in portland, you continue to talk out your ass.
You can have some insight into how a group is composed without being part of it. E.g. I personally know some antifa people in the city I have studied in and I have seen groups of them on the campus, but I would never participate in such a group (and I told the people I knew that their methods are fucked up).

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
You can have some insight into how a group is composed without being part of it. E.g. I personally know some antifa people in the city I have studied in and I have seen groups of them on the campus, but I would never participate in such a group (and I told the people I knew that their methods are fucked up).
But nobody is making the arguement all antifa are homeless. Of course not all are. But to speak with conviction that no homeless are antifa and no antifa are homeless requires a level of intimacy with Rose City Antifa that only insiders could know.

Edited to add: this is especially true given the massive homeless problem portland is facing. It seems ridiculous to suggest, given antifa's prominence in portland, that no traveling antifa types have set up camp there. Rather, i would argue it's quite likely antifa's ranks in portland have swelled with people moving there [some in tents and campers] for that very reason.

Last edited:

Yoshi

Gold Member
May 4, 2005
Germany
www.gaming-universe.de
But nobody is making the arguement all antifa are homeless. Of course not all are. But to speak with conviction that no homeless are antifa and no antifa are homeless requires a level of intimacy with Rose City Antifa that only insiders could know.

Edited to add: this is especially true given the massive homeless problem port.and is facing. It seems ridiculous to suggest, given antifa's prominence in portland, that no traveling antifa types have set up camp there.
To be able to know that antifa in the US must also be far more organised than it is here. Anyway, most homeless people probably have better things to do than beating up right wingers. E.g. surviving.

ssolitare

Jan 12, 2009
Unless you are in antifa and know their membership intimately, or blanket judge the skyrocketing homeless in portland, you continue to talk out your ass. Im sure most antifa aren't homeless. I also would bet some antifa types have travelled there and live in tents and campers.
If I told you that antifa were secret satanists you would believe it?

Of course you would, because it assassinates their character. That's your people's motivation. Does it matter? No. But it's simply stupid.

It's about time that instead of attacking me, you actually sat down and considered that maybe, that reductionist slight doesn't fit.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com

Of course you would, because it assassinates their character. That's your people's motivation. Does it matter? No. But it's simply stupid.

It's about time that instead of attacking me, you actually sat down and considered that maybe, that reductionist slight doesn't fit.
Epic deflection.

"If I made up a strawman, would you believe it? Probably. It's time to start lowering yourself to my cognitive level like a true gutter brain".

ArchaeEnkidu

Vincit qui se vincit
Jan 30, 2018