• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Andy Ngo gang-assaulted by Portland Antifa, chemically attacked, in ER with brain hemorrhage

Apr 18, 2014
P-Town
To be able to know that antifa in the US must also be far more organised than it is here. Anyway, most homeless people probably have better things to do than beating up right wingers. E.g. surviving.
It's a lot easier to survive when you are with a group of like minded individuals that will support you and help you out. These aren't the panhandling old vets that can't deal with society. They're young kids who've most likely lived fucked up lives, enough to drive them to the streets which says a lot. then they get sucked into that culture and ideology.

It seems like you all think I'm talking about 50 year old dirty bearded guys with sever mental health issues. Portland has very strong street culture here and all you have to do to know what I am talking about is walk around downtown Portland for 15 minutes. These young scary fucks with there scrappy looking dogs are all over the place.

These people aren't the middle class educated people @ssolitare is trying to make them out to be. Of course there are middle class, college educated folks in there ranks too. All those folks with sociology degrees need something to do.

Reactions: Tesseract

ssolitare

Manbaby: The Member
Jan 12, 2009
Epic deflection.

"If I made up a strawman, would you believe it? Probably. It's time to start lowering yourself to my cognitive level like a true gutter brain".
Except that I am still correct.

You don't care about what is true or false. You only care about making jokes about your enemies. That is an obivous observation.

Apr 18, 2014
P-Town
If I told you that antifa were secret satanists you would believe it?

Of course you would, because it assassinates their character. That's your people's motivation. Does it matter? No. But it's simply stupid.

It's about time that instead of attacking me, you actually sat down and considered that maybe, that reductionist slight doesn't fit.
Dude you came into this thread and accused me of prejudice. But this is an attack on you. 😘

Apr 18, 2014
P-Town

You don't care about what is true or false. You only care about making jokes about your enemies. That is an obivous observation.
You and your fucking teams! I am on team #stopassaultinggayjournalistsinthenameoffightingfascism.

You are seriously projecting here.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com

Oh, the mind-reading again? This is adorable. Click the red squiggly line underneath your words next time, by the way.

You're not my enemy. You're a stranger across the internet who doesn't get enough stimulation in real life. An enemy is someone who poses a real threat.

ssolitare

Manbaby: The Member
Jan 12, 2009
Oh, the mind-reading again? This is adorable. Click the red squiggly line underneath your words next time, by the way.

You're not my enemy. You're a stranger across the internet who doesn't get enough stimulation in real life. An enemy is someone who poses a real threat.
I am quite good at mind reading.

It's a lot easier to survive when you are with a group of like minded individuals that will support you and help you out. These aren't the panhandling old vets that can't deal with society. They're young kids who've most likely lived fucked up lives, enough to drive them to the streets which says a lot. then they get sucked into that culture and ideology.

It seems like you all think I'm talking about 50 year old dirty bearded guys with sever mental health issues. Portland has very strong street culture here and all you have to do to know what I am talking about is walk around downtown Portland for 15 minutes. These young scary fucks with there scrappy looking dogs are all over the place.

These people aren't the middle class educated people @ssolitare is trying to make them out to be. Of course there are middle class, college educated folks in there ranks too. All those folks with sociology degrees need something to do.
So this is a good post. It's definitely more interesting than there former ones.

Darias

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2004
Kobol
So, just to be clear ssolitaire... You’re extolling the virtues of a dipshit terrorist organization that assaults people with poured concrete, and recently gave an unarmed man a brain bleed? Then questioning other posters’ character?

Those in glass houses shouldn’t throw milkshakes.

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
If I told you that antifa were secret satanists you would believe it?

Of course you would, because it assassinates their character. That's your people's motivation. Does it matter? No. But it's simply stupid.

It's about time that instead of attacking me, you actually sat down and considered that maybe, that reductionist slight doesn't fit.
What the fuck are you talking about? I have literally seen black clad individuals practicing swinging batons going in and out of a beat up homeless camper set up in a fucking parking lot of a youth center where i was taking my kid. I think i even posted here about it when it happened.

So yes, some antifa are the same fucking people shitting up parks, streets, parking lots, public spaces, and whatnot in major liberal strongholds on the west coast.

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
To be able to know that antifa in the US must also be far more organised than it is here. Anyway, most homeless people probably have better things to do than beating up right wingers. E.g. surviving.
Of course most homeless people aren't antifa. That isn't the debate. The fact is, however, some of the more radicalized crusties are certainly among the ranks of antifa. Others live in house communes. Others live in mom's basement. Others have tech jobs and larp being poor and oppressed.

None of this changes that some antifa are the same type of crusty punk that spanges outside New Seasons during the day with a cell phone in their back pocket and will get pissy if you offer them food with meat in it.

Apr 18, 2014
P-Town
Of course most homeless people aren't antifa. That isn't the debate. The fact is, however, some of the more radicalized crusties are certainly among the ranks of antifa. Others live in house communes. Others live in mom's basement. Others have tech jobs and larp being poor and oppressed.

None of this changes that some antifa are the same type of crusty punk that spanges outside New Seasons during the day with a cell phone in their back pocket and will get pissy if you offer them food with meat in it.
Just like antifa, ssolitare came in here to obfuscate the real issue and spread misinformation while claiming we are all just ignorant; completely derailing the thread in the process.

Let's ease up on the attacks though guys, seriously. :messenger_unamused:

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
violence begets more violence. kindness is responded to in kind. these are basic facts of human behavior.

personally i have no idea what the goals are. if it is to fight fascism, then wouldn't all that organizing, all that time be better spent protesting the actual people voting to continue funding "concentration camps"? a lot of these people seem to be from the west coast and California's famous progressive culture. what do you say for all of the "good progressives" on antifa's side who keep funding these massive internment camps? these aren't antifascists, these are cowards who are ignoring caged children and punching Nazis in Portland instead. let's see a paramilitary rush on these camps by these so called warriors for justice.

how do they square any of this ideological fanaticism with their own representative San Francisco's Nancy Pelosi signing on to 4 billion dollars of homeland security funding no questions asked? just have to be notified within 24 hours when a child is found dead. why aren't Antifa attacking these fascists? they are the leftmost party in the USA, it is more practical to pressure them to move leftward, rather than to pressure some protest-going white supremacist. do they consider themselves apolitical in those cases? if so, then why should we entertain any of the bullshit they spout, since they can't even hold themselves to their own standard?

ultimately, you have a choice. to go out in public wearing a mask preparing to beat people up, or to not. that is the question. it should be a pretty simple one. common sense would say that most people would honestly answer that they would rather stay home, eat a nice dinner, watch the game, etc. the media serves fanatics and thus it glorifies them. this ideological fanaticism is utterly pointless. it is wholly concerned with symbols. with protests and parades and statues and flags and labels. the practical goals are an afterthought, if at all. the media loves it, it is destructive, it is violent, it is sensational, it distracts from the issues. it brings violence into already tenuous situations. it is a bad idea.

Charlottesville should have been a wake up call. for a lot of idiots it was instead a call to arms. that girl could have stayed home, gotten high, played ALTTP, chilled with her pet dog, and had a safe, nonviolent day. instead she was radicalized by the mainstream media who has been exploiting this Nazi vs Antifa narrative ever since Trump got elected, she went to a dumb rally, which became exceedingly unsafe due to the massive boost in unplanned counter-protestors, and got killed, all for a statue that was already scheduled to be taken down. her side had already won! but it was not enough. you have to win in front of the tv camera for it to count, and it is worth dying over. honestly, it is sick.

some of the more radicalized crusties are certainly among the ranks of antifa. Others live in house communes.
lived with some ex-commune crusties once, and it was a nightmare. trash left everywhere. random people crashing on the couch for weeks at a time. just leaving the doors open and letting housecats out of the house & into danger cos you are too free to bother maaaan.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2014
P-Town
violence begets more violence. kindness is responded to in kind. these are basic facts of human behavior.

personally i have no idea what the goals are. if it is to fight fascism, then wouldn't all that organizing, all that time be better spent protesting the actual people voting to continue funding "concentration camps"? a lot of these people seem to be from the west coast and California's famous progressive culture. what do you say for all of the "good progressives" on antifa's side who keep funding these massive internment camps? these aren't antifascists, these are cowards who are ignoring caged children and punching Nazis in Portland instead. let's see a paramilitary rush on these camps by these so called warriors for justice.

how do they square any of this ideological fanaticism with their own representative San Francisco's Nancy Pelosi signing on to 4 billion dollars of homeland security funding no questions asked? just have to be notified within 24 hours when a child is found dead. why aren't Antifa attacking these fascists? they are the leftmost party in the USA, it is more practical to pressure them to move leftward, rather than to pressure some protest-going white supremacist. do they consider themselves apolitical in those cases? if so, then why should we entertain any of the bullshit they spout, since they can't even hold themselves to their own standard?

ultimately, you have a choice. to go out in public wearing a mask preparing to beat people up, or to not. that is the question. it should be a pretty simple one. common sense would say that most people would honestly answer that they would rather stay home, eat a nice dinner, watch the game, etc. the media serves fanatics and thus it glorifies them. this ideological fanaticism is utterly pointless. it is wholly concerned with symbols. with protests and parades and statues and flags and labels. the practical goals are an afterthought, if at all. the media loves it, it is destructive, it is violent, it is sensational, it distracts from the issues. it brings violence into already tenuous situations. it is a bad idea.

Charlottesville should have been a wake up call. for a lot of idiots it was instead a call to arms. that girl could have stayed home, gotten high, played ALTTP, chilled with her pet dog, and had a safe, nonviolent day. instead she was radicalized by the mainstream media who has been exploiting this Nazi vs Antifa narrative ever since Trump got elected, she went to a dumb rally, which became exceedingly unsafe due to the massive boost in unplanned counter-protestors, and got killed, all for a statue that was already scheduled to be taken down. her side had already won! but it was not enough. you have to win in front of the tv camera for it to count, and it is worth dying over. honestly, it is sick.

lived with some ex-commune crusties once, and it was a nightmare. trash left everywhere. random people crashing on the couch for weeks at a time. just leaving the doors open and letting housecats out of the house & into danger cos you are too free to bother maaaan.
That has always been my problem with protest culture these days. They aren't attacking the fascists, they're often just attacking other citizens that may disagree with them. Other times they're barricading streets off and prohibiting regular fucking citizens from getting where they want/need to go. Somehow they think this fights fascism.

If they have a problem with the way the police are doing things, go protest at the police station. I'm sure Mayor Wheeler would love to partake in a sit in at City Hall to get re-elected show his solidarity with his base. Basically if they really wanted to fight this perceived fascism they would be attacking political targets but clearly they're just cowards who will only pick on those unable to defend themselves.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
the only people violence helps is the media. they love riots, it keeps people glued to the tv. i remember back when Black Lives Matter was just starting up in response to police shootings. news organizations were openly discussing the possibility of riots on Monday when an important trial was coming up on the weekend. they were salivating at the possibility of violence. they did stories aftewards surprised that it wasn't as violent as they had fantasized. they basically hype all this shit.

it's the same thing with everyone doing "exposes" on white nationalists. they are trying to convince people that there are a lot of people doing these things, that this is a big deal, when in reality, it is very few extremists, whom are highlighted by the media, who is as always craven and desperate to capitalize on any chaos that goes down. extra good when they can plan this stuff out in advance, and the members of the media using the same networks as these activists guarantees coordinated shit. it was all spelled out in the brilliant 70s movie Network. more people need to watch that.

"why do they love chaos? why do they love riots? aren't they on the side of corporations? why would the media love a protester destroying a Starbucks window?" ah, but don't you see? it is sexy. it is sort of stealth marketing for Starbucks, it is a bit Banksy, a bit agit-prop, but it gets their names out there, and tied to a good cause, it makes them a little cool by proxy. it gives them free air time. it provides easily provable evidence that they can show to insurance companies, guaranteeing massive payouts & potential profit for the corporate "victims" anyways. it fuels racial tensions and exploits racial stereotypes, which is something the media has long loved to do, if only because they know the controversy sells. it provides justification for policing, for law, for justice, for all the stuff that Antifascists think they are fighting, while they demonstrate to an insurance adjuster just how much to tip their client in the event of a viral protest moment they can capitalize upon.

an increase in riots or public violence is only going to lead to an increase in police spending, as well as policing in general. these very riots performed by tiny groups of idiots will be used against the rest of the population. "They are trashing real nice stores -- this is happening in the good parts of town!" they will say and more money for police, more expansion on police powers & public surveillance. more pain for the rest of us. at that point, antifa will have to ask themselves, was it worth it?

Last edited:

PkunkFury

Jun 17, 2004
USA
Of course

the girl who was run over by a car while standing in a large group of protesters is the one who was 'radicalized'.

Great hot take

and concerning 'wins in front of the tv camera', guess what, the other side had already lost,
Why is it so important to you that the losers be allowed to parade their defeat in front of the TV cameras, yet Heather should have been a good girl and sat at home, and if she does otherwise, she's the media hog?

this is daft hypocrisy

Last edited:

12Goblins

Mar 1, 2017

Dude I was with you 100% until the housecats part. Why do some people refuse to let their cat go outside?? :(

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2011
Dude I was with you 100% until the housecats part. Why do some people refuse to let their cat go outside?? :(
As the owner of a housecat I can answer that question in respect of my own cat:

1) Dexter (originally Dusty) was a rescue-cat and I got him when he was about 4 or 5 years old. I was specifically looking for an indoors cat because I live in a first-floor apartment so couldn't offer him outside freedom. I was looking purposefully for a rescue cat that would be an indoor cat - so not some cutesy kitten, but a more mature cat, maybe one from a traffic accident or something - that wouldn't need to be outside anyway.

As it happens, Dexter has FIV. As you might have guessed, FIV is the feline equivalent of HIV. He's totally healthy and happy in every other way, but he can't risk being outside in case he has a scrap with another cat and infects them.

2) Dexter has no eyes.
He's now around 15 or so and getting on. His kidney function is less than ideal and is treated with regular medication. Unfortunately he picked up an eye infection which made him go blind but also increase the pressure in his eye-cavity considerably. (Pressure should be at 20 units in each eye, his were around 50 and 70 respectively). So he was probably in considerable discomfort, getting headaches etc. The problem is that cat's aren't very good at letting you know they're uncomfortable. So whilst the blindness was apparent to me, the pressure was worrying news from the vet. Removing his eyes was the remedy.

It was also the right decision. Dexter is healthy and happy. He stays indoors and knows his way around and behaves like a perfectly normal cat (ie: sleeps, eats, demands fuss and is generally ungrateful). He bumps into things now and again.

This is Dexter of 5 or so years ago. Guarding a laptop PC:

This is Dexter today, with no eyes:

This is Dexter, forgetting he's a cat and demanding belly rubs:

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
Neither of the two stray cats we've adopted turned to Antifa or otherwise rejected our imposed privilege on them by rejecting capitalism or their daily pets.