• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Angina's tough!!" Rock Band 2 Track And Spec Info (& Dreams) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Jer said:
I've replaced 3 guitars, 2 drum sets, and 1 pedal.... so far...

my EL sets drop notes like it was going out of style..

Im on 2 guitars and 2 pedals myself. I bought a standalone RB drum kit just for the fuck of it and ended up with a horrible EL.

quality control is the biggest thing HMX needs to worry about. make your shit work. :lol

I had to drop close to 300$ to get a drum set and pedal that actually works the way it's suppose too. (stealth heads & omega pedal)

The Jer

Vicious said:
For the love of christ I hope they include hyperspeed. They said that if people were asking for something, then it's probably in the game... Well I know more than just a few people would like to see hyperspeed again.

FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST LET THERE BE SPEED OPTIONS.
agreed

SumGamer said:
I hope they have something to stop the drum from moving away :lol
Guess I'm sitting in a wrong position all along.

yea that was something I encountered when I went to a friends house. I play on carpet so the drums sink into the carpet and doesnt move but when I went to my friends house the drums were sliding back on his wooden floor. I tried keeping it down with my foot but it just didnt work.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I hope they release a mic that has buttons on it. I'm tired of using the controller to get through everything.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
If GI really does confirm the leaked lists... wow.... unless GHWT pulls out a miracle this will be the single greatest default setlist in any music game ever. and when you get down to it, I have 68 songs in DLC, and 59 songs in RB1. By the time Rb2 hits I could realistically have almost 250 songs to play whenever I wanted.

Onemic

The Jer said:
it doesn't look like anyone's mentioned it yet - the standard RB2 drum set features a pedal reinforced with metal (basically already has pedal metal attached). As well as pads that are more quite and have more rebound. And everything is wireless, of course.

I think it's because more people are interested in the limited edition set. I know I am.

Saerk

SumGamer said:
I hope they have something to stop the drum from moving away :lol
Guess I'm sitting in a wrong position all along.

hah, I have that same problem with kick heavy songs. I ended up putting a stool in front of the set.

Saerk

onemic said:
No way. Considering ION's regular electronic drum kit go around for $145 with the hardware and software(that little machine comes with it) There's no way this drum kit should go over $120, unless they think no one would no better.

This drum kit unveiling (Limited and standard) completely blows away my need to even be looking at GHWT anymore, HMX has exceeded my expectations in every possible way, even in areas that I thought they couldn't (i.e. drums)

I'm still thinking it will be $250. The pads more resemble the ones Simmons puts out rather then the super cheap ones in the two ION models I saw. They are likely single trigger pads, not like it matters for the game, which should keep the price down. The bulk of drum kit prices is usually the brain of the system unless your getting high quality mesh pads.

Those asking if the Omega pedal will work with it. I'm going to say it will. The circuitry should be set up the same, and at worst you would have to find a plug adapter.

SumGamer

Saerk said:
hah, I have that same problem with kick heavy songs. I ended up putting a stool in front of the set.

Sounds like a solution, I was gonna get some rope to tied the drumset and the chair together :lol . Glad I'm not the only one with this problem.

Onemic

Saerk said:
I'm still thinking it will be $250. The pads more resemble the ones Simmons puts out rather then the super cheap ones in the two ION models I saw. They are likely single trigger pads, not like it matters for the game, which should keep the price down. The bulk of drum kit prices is usually the brain of the system unless your getting high quality mesh pads.

Those asking if the Omega pedal will work with it. I'm going to say it will. The circuitry should be set up the same, and at worst you would have to find a plug adapter.

250 is stretching it a bit don't you think? ION isn't a high quality, price company in terms of their drum kits, and there are many real drum kits out there that cost only a bit more than 250. Some electronic kits with high quality pads and software sell for around $400 as well. (Simmons like you said sells theirs for $499 with the machine)I'm thinking it'll most likely be $175.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
BenjaminBirdie said:
So I'm putting together my massive consolidated Rock Band playlist in earnest, listening to "Give It Away" and thinking about the new Bass Career and I'm thinking...

Gotta be a Primus song, right?

Well, Johnny was a race car driver....

XShagrath

My EL kit (bought seperately) works like a charm. I only drum on medium/hard, but I've gotten close to a 1000 note streak on some songs. There don't seem to be any dropped notes at all, and the only reason I haven't progressed is because of the pedal.

The Jer

XShagrath said:
My EL kit (bought seperately) works like a charm. I only drum on medium/hard, but I've gotten close to a 1000 note streak on some songs. There don't seem to be any dropped notes at all, and the only reason I haven't progressed is because of the pedal.
just wait.

it was the same for me.
the sensitivity seems to deteriorate over time.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
The Jer said:
the sensitivity seems to deteriorate over time.
Mine was never there to begin with. I still haven't FC'ed a single song. :(

Granted, I'm not really obsessed with trying, but it's just ridiculous when I'm hitting the notes and they're not registering.

Acid08

Banned
There are a lot of bands I like on that leaked list. They chose some of the worst songs from those bands though.

borghe

Acid08 said:
There are a lot of bands I like on that leaked list. They chose some of the worst songs from those bands though.
couldn't disagree more. I mean there are a couple of odd song choices (Dream Theater, Soundgarden, Presidents, etc) but overall they've done a great job of choosing well known and seemingly decent to play as a band songs from some pretty major artists.

Out of the three bands listed I would have chosen:
Soundgarden - Rusty Cage, Outshined, or Loud Love (lol.. I know, but still)
Dream Theater - for the player friendly song obviously Pull Me Under. For pure difficulty, either Lie or one of their 10-24 minute songs. :p
Presidents - Video Killed the Radio Star

Onemic

borghe said:
couldn't disagree more. I mean there are a couple of odd song choices (Dream Theater, Soundgarden, Presidents, etc) but overall they've done a great job of choosing well known and seemingly decent to play as a band songs from some pretty major artists.

Out of the three bands listed I would have chosen:
Soundgarden - Rusty Cage, Outshined, or 4th of July
Dream Theater - for the player friendly song obviously Pull Me Under. For pure difficulty, either Lie or one of their 10-24 minute songs. :p
Presidents - Video Killed the Radio Star

fixed

G4's The Feed website has a picture of the limited edition drum but I don't know if posting the G4 address here linking to the scan would be a ban or not. I'm sure they'll show it during Attack of the Show or X-play also. The picture is around though.

More info from the site:
* All songs from Rock Band and Rock Band DLC will be playable instantly in Rock Band 2.
* New DLC releases for at least the next year will be playable on either game.
* All instruments have full world tour status--so solo bassists can finally play the full game.
* World tour includes all venues from the first game and dozens more.

* If World Tour is too much for you, there are smaller "campaigns" that utilize DLC.
* Set-up screen for band navigation made simpler, so it won't take an hour to get your band rocking because your drummer keeps hitting pads!
* Pre-made characters mean less time customizing.
* "No fail" mode.
* Expanded online challenge modes.
* Drum trainer mode will teach you drums, and includes a freestyle mode for just beating the skins.
* Improved system calibration
* Jukebox mode for just listenin' to tunes!
* Real guitar support: Fender is planning on releasing stripped, full-size Rock Band guitars.
* Ability to purchase clothing and accessories for characters.

Struct09

cr_blah_blah said:
More info from the site:
* All songs from Rock Band and Rock Band DLC will be playable instantly in Rock Band 2.

I pray this is true, and that sites aren't just reporting over IGN's mess up

borghe

I will place a ban bet that:

a) you'll be able to play RB1 songs "free" with a disc (probably HD caching)

- and -

b) Most/all RB1 songs will go up as DLC allowing RB2-only owners access to all of the songs.

Of course both of these will only apply to the PS360 versions. Who knows what Wii/PS2 suckers will get :lol (don't shoot me. I love my Wii).

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
so this would be the 3rd major site to throw up the RB1 disc content playable on seperate days. To much of a coincidence now. Worst kept gaming secret ever Harmonix :lol

Mr Jared

Of course you'll be able to play your Rock Band disc content. The method of doing it, however, is still under wraps.

Though I still can't believe GAF hasn't nailed it on the head yet =P

sneaky77

Sp3eD said:
so this would be the 3rd major site to throw up the RB1 disc content playable on seperate days. To much of a coincidence now. Worst kept gaming secret ever Harmonix :lol

I think it may end up being a missunderstanding over what the Hmx representative said

DuckRacer

Struct09 said:
I pray this is true, and that sites aren't just reporting over IGN's mess up
Yeah, I somehow doubt GameSpot and G4 is getting such a huge detail from an IGN Insider post that was promptly disowned.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Duck said:
Yeah, I somehow doubt GameSpot and G4 is getting such a huge detail from an IGN Insider post that was promptly disowned.

I thought GameSpot clarified that they had screwed up. Maybe not.

Mr Jared said:
Of course you'll be able to play your Rock Band disc content. The method of doing it, however, is still under wraps.

Though I still can't believe GAF hasn't nailed it on the head yet =P

Oh man. Now it's going to be bugging me all weekend.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
BenjaminBirdie said:
Oh man. Now it's going to be bugging me all weekend.

The method is: manual-based copy protection. Every time you want to play a song from RB1 the game tells you two turn to page 17 of the RB1 manual and write the third sentence.

Old school.

No6

AstroLad said:
The method is: manual-based copy protection. Every time you want to play a song from RB1 the game tells you two turn to page 17 of the RB1 manual and write the third sentence.

Old school.
If it doesn't have a piece of red plastic to uncover the code I'm not interested.

I think an interesting way of doing it would be installing the RB1 songs and then having a quarterly disc-check to make sure you still have RB1.

Mr Jared said:
gafav_fable2.jpg

Struct09

fistfulofmetal said:
Method:

Step 1: Eject RB2 disc
Step 2: Insert RB1 disc
Step 3: ???
Step 4: PROFIT

Does the 360 allow you to open the tray and stay in the game you're in? For some reason I thought it went to the dashboard if you hit the eject button.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
No6 said:
I think an interesting way of doing it would be installing the RB1 songs and then having a quarterly disc-check to make sure you still have RB1.

Yep, that is exactly how I want it. That way RB1 owners get what they want and those who only bought #2 don't get a free ride off a disk I paid for (unless they want to keep getting the disk back from a friend every week or so).

I really really hope it isn't a disk swap per song though. Technically that would be a legality's perfectly way, but I don't think I would touch the #1 songs unless I was making a RB1 only setlist.

the info I posted from G4 came from the Game Informer article, BTW. I don't have the article so they could have misread the it but I'd hope it's true D:

Struct09 said:
Does the 360 allow you to open the tray and stay in the game you're in? For some reason I thought it went to the dashboard if you hit the eject button.

I dunno, I assume Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon don't.

weehomer

No6 said:

That sounds about right. I'm not sure what you mean by "quarterly" disc check, though.

I'm also guessing that RB2 will allow us to install the songs from RB1 to our HD. And every time we boot up RB2, we'll need to put in RB1 at some point to enable RB1 songs in RB2.

But I'm not sure if that's even it... there might not be a way around being kicked back to the dashboard.

Enron

Banned
bearcatjosh said:
Who wants to make my night worthwhile by confirming that The Replacements' "Alex Chilton" is now confirmed for RB2?

I would prefer that we get confirmation that "Alex Chilton" is wrong, and that the Replacements song in the game is instead "Another Girl, Another Planet".

Oh holy hell that would rule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom