• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Angina's tough!!" Rock Band 2 Track And Spec Info (& Dreams) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Struct09

Souther said:
So this time around if your playing by yourself you have the option of using a setlist? I can choose like 5-10 songs i want and they will play seamlessly 1 after another?

Yep, custom set lists in quickplay

Flynn

My favorite confirmation (besides Party Safe play) is album-order playlists. I've been having to print out playlists to rock The Cars and Doolittle in proper order.

Okin

If rock band 2 has double bass pedals, I will proclaim it the best game in the world.

Godammit Harmonix, don't let me down. You have a Dream Theater song on there.

Fenix

Okin said:
If rock band 2 has double bass pedals, I will proclaim it the best game in the world.

Not just a Dream Theater song, but one with absolutely crazy double bassing at the end of the song. This definitely deserves a double bass pedal, but I'm honestly not expecting it.

XShagrath

New article in the newest Game Informer has a lot of the same information we've heard over the last couple weeks, but also a couple new things and explanations of others.

- The mic on the guitar is for calibrating. Hold the guitar up to your speaker on the calibration screen and it will auto calibrate.

- Custom setlists can be as big or as small as you like.

- You can set up a custom setlist and just have it run in the background (like a music video). No charts, just the band playing the songs.

- Drum trainer has 78 patterns to help people learn better rhythm and technique.

- Confirmed list is expanded.
Avenged Sevenfold - Almost Easy
Billy Idol - White Wedding, Pt. 1
Bon Jovi - Livin' on a Prayer
Cheap Trick - Hello There
Dream Theater - Panic Attack
Elvis Costello - Pump it Up
Foo Fighters - Everlong
Joan Jett - Bad Reputation
Journey - Any Way You Want It
Motorhead - Ace of Spades
The Muffs - Kids in America
Rage Against the Machine - Testify
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Give It Away
Social Distortion - I Was Wrong
Steve Miller Band - Rock N Me
System of a Down - Chop Suey
The Who - Pinball Wizard

- New drum kit looks fucking amazing! Pads are not straight across anymore. The red and green pad are lower and off to the side. There are also three cymbals, and the kick pedal looks like the high-hat pedal I've seen sold on eBay. the new set does not look friendly for lefty-players, but hopefully things can be reconfigured fairly easily. (EDIT: The cymbal expansion is an additional purchase, and has a crash, ride, and high-hat). (EDIT 2: This is all the ION kit)

- Expansion slots on the drums to make them compatible with other games (cross-compatibility!!)

- Limited edition real Fenders that have been gutted and refixed with RB hardware will be available.

- They're teamed up with ION and will release an even better drumkit. You can unplug the game controller from the ION kit and plug in a "drum brain" and turn the kit into an electronic drum kit.

FUCK!! I WANT IT!

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
XShagrath said:
- New drum kit looks fucking amazing! Pads are not straight across anymore. The red and green pad are lower and off to the side. There are also three cymbals, and the kick pedal looks like the high-hat pedal I've seen sold on eBay. the new set does not look friendly for lefty-players, but hopefully things can be reconfigured fairly easily. (EDIT: The cymbal expansion is an additional purchase, and has a crash, ride, and high-hat). (EDIT 2: This is all the ION kit)

Sounds cool, but I wonder what that bad boy is going to cost with all the pads.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Well then. Seems I'll get myself the new drum kit, and hack my old one out as a couple of electronic pads to compliment my acoustic kit.

Maybe the new configuration means I'll be able to roll Foreplay instead of paradiddle it. Could lead to me actually passing it! :lol

EDIT: on second glance that's just the limited edition one that's like that. Might not get now.

Struct09

Crap, that helps confirm one of the lists in the OP. HELL YEAH!!

EDIT: The Ion kit looks awesome. Sadly I'll probably drop the cash for it.

XShagrath said:
New article in the newest Game Informer has a lot of the same information we've heard over the last couple weeks, but also a couple new things and explanations of others.

- The mic on the guitar is for calibrating. Hold the guitar up to your speaker on the calibration screen and it will auto calibrate.

- Custom setlists can be as big or as small as you like.

- You can set up a custom setlist and just have it run in the background (like a music video). No charts, just the band playing the songs.

- Drum trainer has 78 patterns to help people learn better rhythm and technique.

- Confirmed list is expanded.
Avenged Sevenfold - Almost Easy
Billy Idol - White Wedding, Pt. 1
Bon Jovi - Livin' on a Prayer
Cheap Trick - Hello There
Dream Theater - Panic Attack
Elvis Costello - Pump it Up
Foo Fighters - Everlong
Joan Jett - Bad Reputation
Journey - Any Way You Want It
Motorhead - Ace of Spades
The Muffs - Kids in America
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Give It Away
Social Distortion - I Was Wrong
Steve Miller Band - Rock N Me
System of a Down - Chop Suey
The Who - Pinball Wizard

- Expansion slots on the drums to make them compatible with other games (cross-compatibility!!)

- Limited edition real Fenders that have been gutted and refixed with RB hardware will be available.

- They're teamed up with ION and will release an even better drumkit. You can unplug the game controller from the ION kit and plug in a "drum brain" and turn the kit into an electronic drum kit.

FUCK!! I WANT IT!

Holy shit.

To all of it.

sneaky77

I hope that if they are doing that to make RB kit compatible, that there is a chance the GHWT drums will be compatible with RB.

Ten-Song

XShagrath said:
I have no idea why that sticks out to me as the most awesome thing on that list of stuff, because the other info is really badass.

XShagrath said:
YESSSSSSS!!!

Hop

BenjaminBirdie said:
I was JUST gonna say! Best confirmation EVAH!!

140isgi.jpg

Grecco

Still wish there was XBL Vision compatibility to film performances and uploadem to a Rock Band Server. Was the biggest thing i wanted from RB2

Kool Thing #563218

I love the whole set up a playlist and just let it run in the background. That kind of almost adds even more value to the DLC. You can use Rock Band as your music visualizer. Like, honestly, I'm kind of excited to watch a band play Doolittle. I might actually sit down and watch that whole thing.

No6

XShagrath said:
Does the article specify x-compat or are you assuming? Because I'd really like to be able to play GHWT without buying more drums.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>

I've been begging for this forever, SO glad that it's finally in.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
No6 said:
Does the article specify x-compat or are you assuming? Because I'd really like to be able to play GHWT without buying more drums.

The article says "presuming the companies allow cross compatility." So yeeeah we'll see.

Ten-Song said:
Now that RATM is finally in, I will now be praying that more shows up as DLC (Sleep Now in the Fire would be so rad).

All of Battle of Los Angeles needs to be there. Sleep Now In The Fire, of course, because it has the greatest fucking solo man has ever fucking conceived.

BWIBWIBWIBWEEEWBWEEEWBWIBWIBWIBWEEEEEWW

XShagrath

Defcon said:
The premium drum kit looks insane. I hope it's no more than $100.
It definitely will be. If the regular one is $80 on its own, then this will probably be closer to $150-200 or more, especially since you can buy an additional part to turn it into a true electronic kit.

Hop

Duck said:
So, those songs listed in GameInformer essentially confirmed the leaked email as legit.

Likely, which is a small disappointment for its seeming omissions. I mean, what's a Harmonix game without Freezepop?

Ten-Song

BenjaminBirdie said:
All of Battle of Los Angeles needs to be there. Sleep Now In The Fire, of course, because it has the greatest fucking solo man has ever fucking conceived.

Oh god, Evil Empire has so many songs that'd be great in the game too. People of the Sun, Revolver, Snakecharmer, Down Rodeo... Arrrrrrgh!

DuckRacer

There's pics (scans) of the drums on Something Awful. They look badass.
Charron said:
Likely, which is a small disappointment for its seeming omissions. I mean, what's a Harmonix game without Freezepop?
Who cares about Freezepop when you're getting a song from Chinese Democracy?

Struct09

Duck said:

Are we sure that song is actually from Chinese Democracy? I haven't been paying much attention to that album.

Ten-Song

Duck said:
There's pics (scans) of the drums on Something Awful. They look badass.

Also, Sprode will still work in the game as DLC.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
BenjaminBirdie said:
Kool Thing #563218

I love the whole set up a playlist and just let it run in the background. That kind of almost adds even more value to the DLC. You can use Rock Band as your music visualizer. Like, honestly, I'm kind of excited to watch a band play Doolittle. I might actually sit down and watch that whole thing.

Yes! Jukebox mode is awesome. I can't say is enough, but <3 Harmonix.

The Jer

the standard drum kit looks almost exactly the same as the old drum kit.

it's the limited edition ion kit (which is also and actual electronic drum kit) that looks fricken awesome.

just so everyone doesn't get confused.

Saerk

I dont have GI to see the drum set, but I did find this article.

Article

ion-audio-drum-set-proto.jpg

Prototype ION set

Does the set look like the one above? There is some difference for sure based on the positional description of the snare.

If it is similar to the one above, I'm guessing $150-$200. Since it switches to a midi set with a drum brain does that mean we could easily mod our existing Roland Sets to work with the game through their xbox adapter?

The Jer

saerk,

it doesn't look anything like that. it looks fricken awesome. like crazy, fricken awesome.

i also know i will not be close to being able to afford it.

The Jer

the new guitar looks better than the old guitar.
i'm excited for the changes.
i think it's going to be a much better guitar to play with.

Saerk

Ok, it looks nothing like what I posted. I found the pics, thx Duderon. From what I can see the drums insert with what looks like 1/4 phono stereo plugs into an xbox controller brain. Hopefully they sell the xbox brain thing seperate so I can use my existing set.

That thing will be $250 I bet.

Saerk

Looks like this Simmons set but more compact, different electronic brain (duh), and no practice kick pad. It uses the hihat pedal you see on the side for the kick.

*I found a better match

452335jpg.jpg

Pedal even has the same design. That thing is $500.

sneaky77

Okin said:

Based on the picture... you're going to be let down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom