• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Birds Sonic Dash Epic is happening

Kane1345

S8v1riD.png

P5ORDUK.gif

CTLance

The name.

The franchises.

The pictures.

This thread.

Please, GaF, have mercy. I'm sick, I can't laugh that much or my lungs will explode.

I get that Japanese companies are chasing that mobile money dragon, but perhaps they should at least study the market before crossing over a dying brand with a dying brand.

They could of went with Sonic and the Clash of Clans, or Sonic Game of War, or Five Nights at Eggman's... oh well.

Zubz

Banned
So wait, is Epic a 3rd Mobile game being tossed in the mix, or is it an Angry Birds spin-off.

And hey, Angry Birds has to stay relevant somehow. And, admittedly, Sonic could use the boost, too. Mobile-only gamers will probably eat this up, as much as this crossover confuses and irks me.

Zubz

Banned
Angry Birds Epic is an rpg-ish spin-off released last year. That's why they have swords and magic and shit.

It's a game where you launch cartoon birds at 2x4's, and it hasn't been a relevant series in 3-4 years. Why not just make a new IP?

Berordn

It's a game where you launch cartoon birds at 2x4's, and it hasn't been a relevant series in 3-4 years. Why not just make a new IP?

Even though the rest of the IP is floundering, their mobile presence has actually been growing.

Pizza

What even is this?

This would be the same as a Mario x Ecco the Dolphin game, it doesn't make any sense.

Actually that game with Mario 64's swimming controls would be scary as hell!

You *wouldn't* want a Mario game where you're trying to help a dolphin save the world from giant aliens who have descended to consume earth's ocean wildlife?

Edit: also this game looks terrible I hope eggman beats the birds

Crema

I get that Japanese companies are chasing that mobile money dragon, but perhaps they should at least study the market before crossing over a dying brand with a dying brand..

I feel like you're really underestimating just how popular both franchises are right now on mobile.

Ms.Galaxy

"Angry Birds Sonic Dash Epic"

Who came up with that title? That sounds like something an edgy kid who looks at too many dank memes would come up with. Actually, scratch that, the entire concept of this game sounds like a dank meme.

Xerotwo

This sounds like both sides are grasping straws to stay relevant in the mobile gaming industry.

Plus that title looks pretty bad, similar to how a title of a little kid's short story would be.

PSqueak

Banned
Doesn't the "Epic" come from these bird being from the rpg spinoff rather than the regular Angry birds?

Let that sink in. Sonic is not even crossovering with Angry Birds, it's crossovering with an Angry Birds Spinoff.

Top Bottom