• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Birds Space |OT| Deal With It

Pastry

Banned
I can't even get 3 stars here.
iOhll0EFsDLF7.jpg
I refuse to advance until I do so.Edit: Minus app copies the entire folder Link..Easy sharing my ass.

I had a lot of trouble getting three stars with that one. I forget how I ended up doing it. I think I used all three birds and exploded one each in the front, middle and back to damage as much shit as possible.

I had a lot of trouble getting three stars with that one. I forget how I ended up doing it. I think I used all three birds and exploded one each in the front, middle and back to damage as much shit as possible.

Yes, the key to this level is to beat it with as many birds as possible. If you beat it with 1 bird your score is actually really low. Destroying all the blocks is actually worth more than the remaining birds bonus.

Hah, this game is a lotta fun. Its a cool evolution in functionality, and it really has a lot more going for it. I wonder where they will go next with these games.

The more I play this game, the more I realize how much I love the gravity elements.

It is trial and error for the most part, but the fact that the physics actually do make a difference is great. Being able to bank a bird's trajectory due to the gravitational pull of the planet is so much fun.

And for those wondering about the feathers, if you use the eagle you can basically lay waste to the entire level. The more destruction, the better chances of getting 100% for the feather.

I've only gotten a three star on the first ten or so levels. I've completed maybe 15-16 levels total. This is my first Angry Birds experience on the iPad, and I love it.

aquavelva

I can't even get 3 stars here.
[/IMG]http://i.minus.com/iOhll0EFsDLF7.jpg[/IMG]

I refuse to advance until I do so.

Edit: Minus app copies the entire folder Link..Easy sharing my ass.

I got this one on my 1st try. I think you're supposed to hit the top Brown set of bricks and make them ricochet and hit the pigs.

Any of you fools playing the HD version of this on the Galaxy Nexus Tuna (or other HD phones like the note or spectrum or something)?

How does it differ from the free/non-hd versions? The free version looks pretty good, but the only thing that sucks is that the splash screen is letterboxed 800x480. Would paying $4 as opposed to $1 just get me a nice splash screen?

Do they have any plans to make a webOS version for us Touchpad owners?

They made an android version for you touchpad owners. ;)

Any of you fools playing the HD version of this on the Galaxy Nexus Tuna (or other HD phones like the note or spectrum or something)?

How does it differ from the free/non-hd versions? The free version looks pretty good, but the only thing that sucks is that the splash screen is letterboxed 800x480. Would paying $4 as opposed to $1 just get me a nice splash screen?

I installed the HD version on my Galaxy Note (purchased it with my tablet as it wouldn't let me with the phone) and as far as I can tell the only thing it gets me over the non-HD version is that the splash screen fits the screen properly. I haven't noticed any other difference.

Plus I suspect that I wont be able to download any updates for it, as the phone isn't officially supported and it doesn't show as installed on my app list in the market.

Threi

notag
Gotta agree...this is the first installment in the franchise that really grabbed my attention as something original and not just a flash game in a pretty skin.

heavyness

I was never a fan of the first one, but I'm liking this one. Love looking for the hidden Black Hole stages. Playing on the Kindle Fire and it plays/looks great.

BUT, I don't like the auto camera... I move the camera to get a view and it snaps back to some weird position. Also, the sounds effects aren't so great (production value). Go play a PopCap game then Angry Birds Space and you'll hear the difference.

This game is so much better than the others in the series. Respect gained for Rovio, some of this stuff is pretty original and it seems a lot more strategic. First game in the series I feel I could genuinely recommend!

This game is so much better than the others in the series. Respect gained for Rovio, some of this stuff is pretty original and it seems a lot more strategic. First game in the series I feel I could genuinely recommend!

Same. I actually didn't like the past entries, but this one is more refined IMO.

Cudder

They made an android version for you touchpad owners. ;)

I didn't see an "HD" version in the market. I just bought the Premium 99c app for my Galaxy Nexus.

Orca

Really not a fan of the way there's a level locked away if you buy the game, with an Achievement for buying it. Plus there's an Achievement for buying the Eagle.

That said, the gravity really adds a lot to the puzzles.

jet1911

I liked the other games in the series but this one I feel like there's a "real" gameplay mechanic that you can learn and practice but with the luck element still there. Reminds me a bit of Peggle. :)

Cudder

Wow, so there IS an HD version on the Android Market. THAT is some bullshit, I know it was not there when I purchased the regular version of the game. WTF

Pimpbaa

Wow, so there IS an HD version on the Android Market. THAT is some bullshit, I know it was not there when I purchased the regular version of the game. WTF

It was definitely not there when I purchased the regular premium version of the game either. Definitely bullshit. How much better does the HD version look? I mean the game doesn't seem stretched or anything on my transformer prime.

Cudder

cDNA

Well, I cant see it with my phone and when I go to the Google Play website says it is incompatible with my device.

Enco

The way Angry Birds blew up is astounding.

It really is amazing. I hated the shitty physics in the first one and so gave up on it fairly early on.

Are the physics here more realistic or do you still get sticky block that don't want to fall?

The way Angry Birds blew up is astounding.

It really is amazing. I hated the shitty physics in the first one and so gave up on it fairly early on.

Are the physics here more realistic or do you still get sticky block that don't want to fall?

I found that Rio really improved on the physics to be honest. It really plays a lot better IMO. As for space, it doesn't quite apply as the gravity really makes thing different. They are definitely better, and actually a lot of fun, but they are also very different.

Ok, I hate hate hate other angry birds games. Well, I don't hate them, but I just don't enjoy them.
Should I try this one? Seems different enough...

Zzoram

Which of the older 3 Angry Birds games is the best?

Angry Birds
Angry Birds Seasons
Angry Birds Rio

I was wondering because Angry Birds Space is making me think about grabbing one of the older games for more levels.

Ok, I hate hate hate other angry birds games. Well, I don't hate them, but I just don't enjoy them.
Should I try this one? Seems different enough...

It very similar yet very different at the same time. Same basic gameplay, but the complexity of the physics gives the puzzles a very unique charm.

Which of the older 3 Angry Birds games is the best?

Angry Birds
Angry Birds Seasons
Angry Birds Rio

I was wondering because Angry Birds Space is making me think about grabbing one of the older games for more levels.

Rio, IMO, it just feels very smooth and responsive. That goes for the physics as well.

Zzoram

It very similar yet very different at the same time. Same basic gameplay, but the complexity of the physics gives the puzzles a very unique charm.

Rio, IMO, it just feels very smooth and responsive. That goes for the physics as well.

So Rio has better physics and responsiveness than the other two? Why is that? Is Space like Rio in responsiveness?

So Rio has better physics and responsiveness than the other two? Why is that? Is Space like Rio in responsiveness?

Kinda hard to say, but I feel like the birds are slightly more consistent in Rio, like they seem to do what you expect them to do more often. I find that my birds sometimes do very little compared to what I expect in the other two. I'm not sure how much of a difference there actually is, but it is something I noticed.

Space makes things feel heavier and lighter at the same time due to the gravity/lack of gravity. It is very responsive, but it plays differently than the other games IMO.

Top Bottom