• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Angry" fans send Bioware 400 Cupcakes

Vire

Game Informer Article.

Game Informer Article 2

Bioware Forums Thread

Update Pics and Response!

jr4UO.jpg

BioWareCupcakes6102.jpg

193445.jpg

Bioware said:
Today, we received the 400 cupcakes you collectively sent us through your donations to express your feelings about the endings of Mass Effect 3. We want you to know; we are indeed listening to all fan response and acknowledge your feedback. We appreciate creative and thoughtful attempts like this one.

The gesture certainly gained our attention both with its creativity and deliciousness. However, while we do appreciate that fans were creative in how they expressed their views, after a lot of discussion, we decided ultimately the reason that they were sent was not done in the context of celebrating the work or accomplishment of the Mass Effect 3 team. This is a subtle, but important aspect in determining how to pass the feedback to the team.

BioWare regularly works with many deserving charities, as such it was decided that rather than passing out the cupcakes to staff or wasting good food, to donate them on behalf of our fans to a local Edmonton youth shelter. We know that for the kids that have to use this facility, something as simple as a cupcake is a rare treat and would definitely brighten up their day. Thank you to the fine folks at the local youth shelter for accepting the donation and to the fans who donated the cupcakes.

Please keep providing your feedback on Mass Effect 3, we’re still listening.

Game Informer said:
It seems angry Mass Effect 3 fans still want to protest the game's endings. This time they're sending the studio hundreds of cupcakes.

A user on the BioWare forums quickly organized a donation pool of over $1,000 and made a massive order of approximately 402 cupcakes from a local bakery near BioWare's Edmonton studio. "As fans, we want Bioware to do right by us, and fix the endings for Mass Effect 3. But we also want to let Bioware know, that we trust them, and have faith in them.

"Bioware has been slammed by negativity from all sides in the last few weeks. This is our way, as fans, to drive our message home, but in a (literally) sweet way. We want Bioware to add some more 'sweet' to their 'bittersweet' ending. What better way to do this than with CUPCAKES :-D."

The order has been placed and the invoice as proof was posted online (see below). The cupcakes are colored Red, Blue and Green and labeled A, B or C as a dig at executive produce Casey Hudson's statements where he said, “It’s not even in any way like the traditional game endings, where you can say how many endings there are or whether you got ending A, B, or C…The endings have a lot more sophistication and variety in them.”

Bioware Forums said:
Ok, I have spoken to a bakery located really close to Bioware studio's. They are called:
http://www.fusscupcakes.com

The approximate cost for this is $1005.00. That includes delivery, attaching our notes and letters, and having some photos taken of our creation. Note** Owner was kind enough to drop the price due to bulk.

The company DOES NOT have a paypal account. That means that I will have to place the order, and take contributions directly to my own paypal, and pay for it that way. Will have a final figure in the next hour.

IN ADDITION:

Every single person who contributes, will be able to write a brief note to be attached to the cupcakes. We will also, as a community, write a letter from all of us to Bioware. All the cupcakes will be divided into equal parts Red, Blue and Green colors... but they will all taste exactly the same.

If you'd like to participate, please check out the thread below and let us know.

These cupcakes can be delivered by the end of the week. Personally, I'm shooting for Thursday or Friday, since that's well in advance of PAX.

invoice.jpg

Even if you don't agree with the idea of changing the endings, that's pretty hilarious...

BeauRoger

Unconfirmed Member
say what you want about the underlying agenda, but there are some fans there who are clever enough to make it impossible for bioware ignore them. The fundraiser was a stroke of genius, and this is both smart and hilarious.

Shahadan

In before that penny arcade comic.

But protesting by feeding them is probably not going to have the effect desired.

Derrick01

Banned
This should have a spoiler warning in the title, it gives the layout of the ending in the information. Just to be safe.

This is really getting ridiculous now .

It's borderline creepy and obsessive. I haven't played ME3 yet though, so maybe I'll end up getting annoyed and sending them a pizza or something.

Zomba13

This should have a spoiler warning in the title, it gives the layout of the ending in the information. Just to be safe.

XD

Yeah, this thread should actually have a big old Spoiler warning at the top. Them cupcakes are spoilers. Sweet, sweet spoilers.

shuri

Banned
So wait, they actually didnt pay for them? Bioware will have to foot the bill? Whatif they refuse? The bakery ends up with 1k worth of wasted cupcakes?
edit: nevermind!

notworksafe

They should make all the cupcakes taste like shit, no matter the color. Then they would match the Mass Effect 3 ending much better.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
This is really getting ridiculous now .

It's borderline creepy and obsessive. I haven't played ME3 yet though, so maybe I'll end up getting annoyed and sending them a pizza or something.

You know. I felt the same way as you. Then I played it and saw the ending and yeah, the outrage is pretty much deserved.

Zomba13

Can someone tell me the ending in spoiler tags? I played ME2, but haven't been too interested in playing this one.

Read what cupcakes are being sent. It's is honestly just like that. The same thing with a different colour. Reapers are done with, Normandy crash lands on a planet after running away from the war, relays and citadel destroyed, races stranded at Earth. All thrree endings are the same except a different colour explosion.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Does this mean Bioware will charge more money for the ending to help cover the costs of the cupcakes?

Man I'm what seems to be just a couple of hours from the end of the game. I can't wait to find out what the big deal is. Never seen anythingthing like this about a games ending.

Top Bottom