• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Joe being accused of sexual harassment

Ab1YcMt.gif

Last edited:

Rikoi

But using their own foul means seems also just to fuel the fire. we need better tools to confront such behavior.
There aren't though. Being tolerant means being silenced by them, that's what they want, to spread their word and silence everyone else so it looks like the majority aligns with their stance. If you don't show any disapproval they will always gain more power.

Nydus

Gold Member
There aren't though. Being tolerant means being silenced by them, that's what they want, to spread their word and silence everyone else so it looks like the majority aligns with their stance. If you don't show any disapproval they will always gain more power.
I think calling them out is fair. If you know better methods, I'm listening. Voting with our wallets won't work, though.
Yeah i know that doing nothing is a terrible idea. But going down to their level will just create more drama. Thats why i said we need something else. The angle with the disapproval is not wrong, maybe we should think how we voice that in a manner that doesn´t marks us as those same idiots just in another coat.

supernova8

Banned
I think calling them out is fair. If you know better methods, I'm listening. Voting with our wallets won't work, though.

Yeah not saying I have any better ideas, just don't like the idea of becoming the monster we're trying to fight.
If we do that, we'll only be met with "look at those spiteful bastards" despite them doing it worse.

Banned
You are aware it's a character right? I suppose you think Asmongold is how he is in real life as well.

??? uhm... Asmongold doesn't even try to put on a persona, he's most likely way more enthusiastic on stream as compared to off stream but who isn't.

how would he be different off stream? he's not acting super outlandish or anything

Last edited:
??? uhm... Asmongold doesn't even try to put on a persona, he's most likely way more enthusiastic on stream as compared to off stream but who isn't.

how would he be different off stream? he's not acting super outlandish or anything
quite easy to tell the difference between Asmongold and Zack, since his return they have kinda melded into one as it might be easier for him.

The Alien

Banned
He won't, but I really hope he sues for defamation. She's basically retracted all of her claims on social media....but ya know what? It's already permanently in the ether.

When you Google Joe's name 10 years from now, "accused of sexual ...." - it will be there. And if the rage mobs of today are anything like what they'll be in 10 years, they'll come for him again.

Last edited:

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Wow probably the only person handling it professionally. I didn't expect this kind of professionalism from Joe, no wonder he is successful.

Gifmaker

He won't, but I really hope he sues for defamation. She's basically retracted all of her claims on social media....but ya know what? It's already permanently in the ether.

When you Google Joe's name 10 years from now, "accused of sexual ...." - it will be there. And if the rage mobs of today are anything like what they'll be in 10 years, they'll come for him again.
I agree, this is a great problem with this kind of incident. Whenever this thread is pushed, I click it eager to find out if there's any news on the issue, if anything new came to light or such. But it seems the situation will just kind of quietly die off and for the mindless mob, it will always be cemented in their mind that AJ is a sexual predator and abuser since he was never proven innocent, therefore, he's guilty. Even though nothing ever came out of this whole thing... the imagine is forever tainted.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
"Be tolerant to the intolerant" is a bad stance. It'll only end up hurting yourself.

Yeah yeah yeah, don't show mercy to the merciless. dont show kindness to the unkind, don't try and reason with the unreasonable, yada yada.

Basically dehumanize your opponent and treat them as untouchable, unfixable, and just eliminate them as expediitiously as possible.

Nothing bad could ever come from copping that attitude... /facepalm

Javthusiast

Banned
And so Angry Earless Joe joins the list of Colin Moriarty, SkillUp and many more who are now banned from being talked about on ReeeAsylum. And yet they will still mention their work every chance they get just to be angry about it, lmao.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
At this point, im just waiting to see his Angry Review for TLOUP2. Will be surprised if he gives it a 9.0/10 or higher. Can't wait!!!

LostDonkey

Probably. Depends on how much the story, characters, narrative, writing, etc. weighs into it for him because everything else is in fact top notch or close to it. A 7 sounds about right.
That's what I'm thinking, watching his streams he likes the graphics, gameplay, sound, animations etc but the story and character direction he didn't like.

GreyHorace

At this point I just want to see him tear the game a new asshole, just to see how triggered these SJW snowflakes will be to see their woke game trashed.

Joe is annoying and obviously a bit of a doofus when it comes to social interaction, but he doesn't deserve to be #metoo'd. Especially since that lying cow retracted her story after he lawyered up.

The timing of the accusation is too convenient. I'm pretty sure they were trying to cancel him because they knew he'd hate the game.

Entroyp

i think he is criticizing the character not the real person, i can't stand joe shtik too for example, i find his brother way more funny.
[/QUOTE]

Who’s the brother?

Nydus

Gold Member
And so Angry Earless Joe joins the list of Colin Moriarty, SkillUp and many more who are now banned from being talked about on ReeeAsylum. And yet they will still mention their work every chance they get just to be angry about it, lmao.
Wait what SkillUp is banned on Reeeera????? WHY? HOW? DOES NOT COMPUTE?!?!? :messenger_robot:

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Wait what SkillUp is banned on Reeeera????? WHY? HOW? DOES NOT COMPUTE?!?!? :messenger_robot:

No one knows. Before I was banned from that site, I had an admin say it was okay to post about him but then other moderators or whoever got together and overruled him. And they never said why he's banned.

I personally don't believe that any of them should be banned as that's just fucking stupid. If you don't like something, people should just do what I do - IGNORE IT and move on.

Sadly, that doesn't happen on AgendaEra.

Top Bottom