• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing 3DS (Sept. Conf. Updates!)

Thoraxes

New info hot from Nintendo's Twitter, conference, and Japanese website!

Website, with two videos (one interview and one gameplay (click under where it says "movie")): http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/conference2011/titlelist/dobutsu_no_mori/index.html

Confirmation of exterior house customization: http://twitter.com/#!/NintendoAmerica/status/113487718310350848
NoA Twitter said:
Animal Crossing for Nintendo #3DS will let you customize not just the interior of your house, but the exterior too! #3DSconf2011
Confirmation of StreetPass House sharing: http://twitter.com/#!/NintendoAmerica/status/113485720219418624
NoA Twitter said:
Animal Crossing for Nintendo #3DS will feature robust connectivity, including the ability to share houses via StreetPass. #3DSconf2011

NoE said:
Also in 2012, Nintendo 3DS owners will be able to enjoy a new 3D instalment in the Animal Crossing franchise. This version will include a number of options for players not available in previous versions. These include the ability to become the head of the village and boost its development, a way to install certain items in the village to make its characteristics more personalised for each player and the ability to view homes of other players who are tagged through StreetPass connections.

Truth101

Banned
Thoraxes said:
New info hot from Nintendo's Twitter, conference, and Japanese website!

Website, with two videos (one interview and one gameplay (click under where it says "movie")): http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/conference2011/titlelist/dobutsu_no_mori/index.html

Confirmation of exterior house customization: http://twitter.com/#!/NintendoAmerica/status/113487718310350848
Confirmation of StreetPass House sharing: http://twitter.com/#!/NintendoAmerica/status/113485720219418624

Megaton!

Day -5

Thoraxes

I would guess you probably just enable it, and anytime you save the game it saves a copy of your house.

I wonder if it'll just transfer our Miis and houses to other people's games. It'd be really cool if they added a town slot or two for real encountered friends, and then you could interact with them (passively of course for StreetPass)!

Also, small fun-fact: I used to be a member/employee of the Animal Crossing Ask Center on the official Nintendo forums, when they used to exist. I would always go out of my way to help people with any Animal Crossing questions they had! Oh those were the days.

Gravijah

Thoraxes said:
I would guess you probably just enable it, and anytime you save the game it saves a copy of your house.

I wonder if it'll just transfer our Miis and houses to other people's games. It'd be really cool if they added a town slot or two for real encountered friends, and then you could interact with them (passively of course for StreetPass)!

That's what I was hoping for. But it would be kind of strange to have actual human neighbors.

Here's hoping Girls Mode/Style Savvy 2 makes it stateside, as I hope to buy that, AC3DS, and the pink 3DS for my girlfriend all in one fell swoop.

Thoraxes

Gravijah said:
That's what I was hoping for. But it would be kind of strange to have actual human neighbors.
Yeah, that is true. I wonder how they'll integrate it. I'm pretty sure there will be some HRA related information too, maybe it could be something like that? Where you go tour a famous house or something. It could be neat, and I can only imagine what kind of new NPC they'd introduce for that.

BooJoh

It may be sort of like in AC:CF where you could see the top rated room at the HRA in the city. Maybe you can cross the bridge seen in the developer video and visit the houses of people you've streetpassed or something.

ManBearPanda

Neo Member
I'll be damned if Animal Crossing doesn't have some of the most relaxing music out there.

I hope we get some more details soon.

Gravijah

Anyone have a screencap of the town concept art?

Edit: Nevermind, screencapped myself

ac3dsconcepttownkrkq.png

So, does this confirm the return of the city (plus another section) and the return of the island? I really hope so. Wish the context of this picture was translated.

watershed

Banned
If that is what the basic structure of towns are gonna look like then I am already sold. The return of islands and incorporating the city all in one? Amazing, especially since I skipped city folk. Now just confirm the super awesome online play.

Gravijah

artwalknoon said:
If that is what the basic structure of towns are gonna look like then I am already sold. The return of islands and incorporating the city all in one? Amazing, especially since I skipped city folk. Now just confirm the super awesome online play.

Having a huge beach is going to be awesome, too. I hope you can put your house there!

It's so sad when a sequel will give you less then most updates do this day and age. (Speaking of all the Animal Crossing sequels).

Will still buy it though...

BooJoh

Gravijah said:

So, does this confirm the return of the city (plus another section) and the return of the island? I really hope so. Wish the context of this picture was translated.
Looking again, I'm going to guess the area north of the city may be a StreetPass neighborhood where you can visit tagged people's houses.

Sloane

Banned
Gravijah said:

ac3dsconcepttownkrkq.png

Looks cool. Hope it's better than the disappointing Wii version.

Looking forward to this.

I skipped the Wii one and it's been years since I played Wild World, so I'll be ready for another Animal Crossing fix by the time this comes out.

watershed

Banned
BooJoh said:
Looking again, I'm going to guess the area north of the city may be a StreetPass neighborhood where you can visit tagged people's houses.
That's good thinking, you're probably right. That'd be a pretty cool feature to have a separate section for streetpass houses. The only thing that needs confirming now is improved online play and more stuff to do in general.

Tenck

It's somewhat sad but all I wanted to hear about was AC in the conference to make me feel great.

No one will ever understand my love for AC ;_;

I've bought all of the games and I'm still not tired.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I'm interested but hyper cautious after the incredibly lazy City Folk. Nintendo likes to throw the word 'robust' around but they rarely mean it. This needs to be a big leap in terms of connectivity with other users/DLC for me to bite.

I need a substantial amount of new content in this game before I would even consider it.

I mean, I played the first game, and I haven't touched the series since. And I haven't missed anything of value. That's fucked up.

Kaldea

I really hope they bring the island back. I want Kapp'n back to rowing his boat and singing to me about cucumber floats. :(

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
'Watches trailer'

Yep, it's Animal Crossing.

'Sees no indication of NES or GBC collectible games'

I guess it is another pass then.

Gravijah

manueldelalas said:
'Watches trailer'

Games giving you free versions of classics is over. You're expected to pay money for those now.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Day one for me.

This could be great with streetpass, but we'll see what they do...and how many people around me pick this up :\

Holy shit! Something actually new this time around!

I still need to know more about the while mayor business. What gameplay changes does this actually entail?

Wild World had enough new content to make it worth getting (along with online play and portability), but City Folk fell flat on its face with nothing new of note at all.

Nintendo better hit this one out of the park and this Streetpass trading is a nice start, but not enough.

MicH

I am the ultimate sucker for Animal Crossing, so I absolutely must get this. The music is just <3

Is it me or does it flow much more nicely than previous entries in the series? Especially when talking to someone.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Gravijah said:

ac3dsconcepttownkrkq.png

Are they telling me the city is a a few feet north of the train station?

MicH

It reminds me of the GC town with the trainstation and island. But no lake??
Can't wait for this! And Q1! GREAAT

A few new gameplay details about Animal Crossing 3DS: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB...tes_for_mario_games_and_new_colour_44787.html

Also in 2012, Nintendo 3DS owners will be able to enjoy a new 3D instalment in the Animal Crossing franchise. This version will include a number of options for players not available in previous versions. These include the ability to become the head of the village and boost its development, a way to install certain items in the village to make its characteristics more personalised for each player and the ability to view homes of other players who are tagged through StreetPass connections.

The town development stuff sounds promising (sounds a bit like Sim City actually!)

syoaran

Nuclear Muffin said:
A few new gameplay details about Animal Crossing 3DS: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB...tes_for_mario_games_and_new_colour_44787.html

The town development stuff sounds promising (sounds a bit like Sim City actually!)

I doubt it would be close to that level of complexity, Animal Crossing is unlikely to have any pro/con factors that you have to balance in the development of your village. It's a pity, because I think an enjoyable part of social gaming is that different people have specialities.

Either way, this is a day 1 purchase. I feel its about the right time for a new Animal Crossing to sink my time into

Meier

Can't believe there isn't a firm release date for Japan yet. My girlfriend asks about when this is coming out all the time..Gamestop got her hopes up by showing it as 2011 on the release list sheet they provide.

I did send her the info from the OP at least though so thanks!

BooJoh

Night_Trekker said:
I need a substantial amount of new content in this game before I would even consider it.

I mean, I played the first game, and I haven't touched the series since. And I haven't missed anything of value. That's fucked up.
If you never touched the series after the first game, how do you know you didn't miss anything of value? Wild World was leaps and bounds ahead of the original, and while City Folk didn't change things up enough, it was certainly a good expansion on Wild World in the same way that Pokemon "third version" games add content.
oatmeal said:
So they're releasing the same game with House Swapping?

Yes, it's exactly the same game...

+fully reworked terrain graphics
+new player models
+pants
+shoes
+swimming
+customizing the outside of your house
+outdoor decorations in town
+a little bit of town management/mayor play
+StreetPass
+new soundtrack
+new bug catching mechanics
+new characters

And that's just what we can gather from the very little info they've given of the game so far.

manueldelalas said:
'Watches trailer'

The more I see this with every new AC, the more I agree with the developer's sentiment that the NES games only detracted from the core gameplay of the original AC. If you want to play classic NES/GB games, buy them on Virtual Console, you'll probably spend less money on them than if they were in AC anyway.

I love Animal Crossing. It's one of my favorite game series, and when I played it on GCN the NES games were awesome, but they were an afterthought. It's the Animal Crossing gameplay I buy these games for, and that has been refined over the iterations to become a more and more enjoyable life sim.

watershed

Banned
Top Bottom