• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing and 8-Bit Mario Amiibo Leaked

SI_Amiibo_E3-720x360.png

Source: http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2015/06/SI_Amiibo_E3-720x360.png

Speculate away on functionality, but prepare thy wallets.

Edit: Nintendo took the image down, but the damage has been done already. Originally it was listed on the official NOE website.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Animal Crossing amiibos.

Animal Crossing Wii U confirmed.

We are all dead.

Wallets am cry.

AdanVC

I'm in love of that 8-bit Mario already!! This totally look legit and enhance the Animal Crossing for Wii U rumor as well. Hnnnnnnnnngghhh ok now I'm 100% hyped for the Digital Event this tuesday <3

Edit: But wtf another leak?? Now I'm just waiting for the inevitable blurry pic of Nintendo E3 booth of an unnanounced game.

Edit 2:
we're not even a year into Amiibo and there's already 5 fucking marios

Truee. Even if I love Mario very much, they are already starting to get out of hand with too many Mario amiibo iterations. But this 8-bit Mario is definitely the cooliest of all!

DrArchon

I hope the AC ones aren't just for that home building 3DS game. Seems like a bit of a waste what with the cards and all.

That Mario one is amazing. Probably means it'll be super rare/hard to find in stores.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
we're not even a year into Amiibo and there's already 5 fucking marios

Considering the state of their actual video games sale wise right now I'm surprised that number isn't even more. Amiibos is making money for them which is more than what you can say about a lot of their other stuff.

Shit, I'm going to have to buy all of the Animal Crossing ones :|

EDIT: I wonder what the chances are of adding Amiibo functionality to New Leaf.

Kriken

Speculate away on functionality

If I had to guess, Pixel Mario will be similar to Yarn Yoshi where it'll basically be Mario in every game, but special from other Mario Amiibo in mario Maker
As for Animal Crossing, I figure same functionality as cards for those who want a statue

Considering the state of their actual video games sale wise right now I'm surprised that number isn't even more. Amiibos is making money for them which is more than what you can say about a lot of their other stuff.

I can't remember where I read it, but I swear the profit for them isn't that high, so Nintendo tries to prevent overstock

Reule

Animal Crossing U definitely happening. Fuck, I want those Animal Crossing amiibo. E3 Direct is going to be amazing.

Top Bottom