• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing Direct Nov. 2, Miitopia featured in JP stream (no mobile/Switch)

Damn, I used Tom Nook's amiibo to summon him to the campsite because people said he had the 3DS and Wii U items. Then I went to Nook's Homes to see if Lottie was there yet to unlock the HHD design system and Wisp was there in place of Nook because of course he was at the camp! So i can't get anything done there today, haha.

I imagine Wisp will take the place of anybody summoned to the camp.

Richie

Before Direct:

You can make anyone whom amiibo you scan live into your town! You get to see their personality full on, especially the characters you thought lacked one! Decades' worth of characterization, now just an amiibo tap away!

Hey, it'd be a megaton for me...

The Direct then went and confirmed you can have Ganon, Medli, Wolf Link and freaking Epona as a fully realized neighbor.

Sometimes dreams do come true.

BooJoh

Damn, I used Tom Nook's amiibo to summon him to the campsite because people said he had the 3DS and Wii U items. Then I went to Nook's Homes to see if Lottie was there yet to unlock the HHD design system and Wisp was there in place of Nook because of course he was at the camp! So i can't get anything done there today, haha.

I did the same thing. I guess for anyone else using Nook as your first amiibo it would be a good idea to meet with him and get the HHD interface before scanning him in.

Still waiting for my mail, but I got a New 3DS from a Fortune Cookie. Nice.

BooJoh

So NOA posted this on Twitter about an hour ago.

CwYMIoCUAAAH2vG.jpg

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/794336010209411072

Protip: Don't read the comments... just... don't.

BooJoh

Not only can you earn MEOW Coupons from playing Puzzle League, you can earn furniture and clothes too.

I just got mails from Nintendo with AC Puzzle League themed Wallpaper and Flooring, a Puzzle League panel cushion, a Flower Fairy Dress, and a 3DS Shelf (store display with 3DS games on it) for completing various achievements in Puzzle League.

RedToad64

Not only can you earn MEOW Coupons from playing Puzzle League, you can earn furniture and clothes too.

I just got mails from Nintendo with AC Puzzle League themed Wallpaper and Flooring, a Puzzle League panel cushion, a Flower Fairy Dress, and a 3DS Shelf (store display with 3DS games on it) for completing various achievements in Puzzle League.
How is the Puzzle League minigame? I have yet to unlock it. Does it feature new music?

And does anyone know if the new campsite items are just for your home, or can they actually be placed outside?

BooJoh

How is the Puzzle League minigame? I have yet to unlock it. Does it feature new music?

It has new music but there's only like two or three songs as far as I can tell. Mainly the regular stage music and boss stage music. I was hoping your amiibo partner would come with their own tune but nope. The cursor movement and block swapping animations seem ever-so-slightly slower than I remember of previous versions of the game, putting it about on par with the GB versions, but once you get into the groove it plays just fine.

It has a Story Mode, which has you playing through something like 25 stages with varying rules, and as you play through Story Mode you unlock Score Attack (endless mode,) Time Attack (2 minutes,) Garbage Attack (endless mode with garbage drops like vs mode,) and Candy Mode (endless, candy is randomly spread around the panels and making a match next to candy destroys it.) Each of those has three difficulty levels and Story Mode has multiple difficulties too.

I don't think there's a Puzzle Mode.

My biggest complaint is that you need to scan an AC amiibo figure to get a decent special power (only AC amiibo figures, no AC amiibo cards, no Villager) which means if you're playing on the go you'll likely have to just use the basic "destroy a horizontal line" special. Each figure has a unique special. I have all except for Summer Isabelle but I've been sticking with Reese because her Special is pretty strong, changing all of the tiles of the most common type to another type when you use it.

RedToad64

It has new music but there's only like two or three songs as far as I can tell. Mainly the regular stage music and boss stage music. I was hoping your amiibo partner would come with their own tune but nope. The cursor movement and block swapping animations seem ever-so-slightly slower than I remember of previous versions of the game, putting it about on par with the GB versions, but once you get into the groove it plays just fine.

It has a Story Mode, which has you playing through something like 25 stages with varying rules, and as you play through Story Mode you unlock Score Attack (endless mode,) Time Attack (2 minutes,) Garbage Attack (endless mode with garbage drops like vs mode,) and Candy Mode (endless, candy is randomly spread around the panels and making a match next to candy destroys it.) Each of those has three difficulty levels and Story Mode has multiple difficulties too.

My biggest complaint is that you need to scan an AC amiibo figure to get a decent special power (only AC amiibo figures, no AC amiibo cards, no Villager) which means if you're playing on the go you'll likely have to just use the basic "destroy a horizontal line" special. Each figure has a unique special. I have all except for Summer Isabelle but I've been sticking with Reese because her Special is pretty strong, changing all of the tiles of the most common type to another type when you use it.
Thanks for the detailed insight. Sounds interesting. Do you happen to remember how many MEOW coupons you have to exchange for the 3DS item?

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

Wow, this is far more complete than I was expecting for a hidden minigame. Some people on the Animal Crossing team must have been bored waiting for Splatoon to wrap up or something.

Sounds awesome, haven't unlocked the mini game myself yet, but hoping I'll get it tomorrow.
It would have been nice if it sort of "saved" what physical Amiibo you have scanned already. So then you wouldn't have to keep rescanning every time you play. Maybe they'll update that in the future!

ggx2ac

I'm guessing most Animal Crossing amiibo work. I didn't have Tom Nook but I had Reese and grabbed both N3DS and Wii U off her.

But now I have to wait up to a few days to get the items in the mail?...

I want to play this new Puzzle League now.

web01

They made it so you can only type 3 numbers at once on the island. 
Like that would stop anyone sharing friend codes. Only makes it more annoying.
Nintendo so backwards with online interaction.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I'm guessing most Animal Crossing amiibo work. I didn't have Tom Nook but I had Reese and grabbed both N3DS and Wii U off her.

But now I have to wait up to a few days to get the items in the mail?...

I want to play this new Puzzle League now.

lol just fast forward the date on your system. That's what I did tonight! But I'm guessing your an AC pursuit. Bless you, I'm over that.

The Puzzle League game is AWESOME. I love it. I honestly love it so much that I hate that I have to boot it up from Animal Crossing itself. I wish you could boot it up from the main menu, at least, so you don't have to sit through the main loading screen, then walk into your house, then open the 3DS system. That's a lot of steps...

I use a Blathers AC amiibo, I could order the N3DS and WiiU from his trailer, even though they're not actually in the trailer itself. When you go to Order Items, they show up on the list.

Forkball

I've noticed ex-villagers are a lot more frequent on Main Street now. Is this because of the new update or am I imagining things?

Apparently the new Monster Hunter amiibo work in the NA version of New Leaf. A Felyne parks its RV in the camp.
I'll have one in the next few days and I'll be sure to post here when I scan it in case anybody wants to stop by and grab some of those goodies.

BooJoh

Apparently the new Monster Hunter amiibo work in the NA version of New Leaf. A Felyne parks its RV in the camp.
I'll have one in the next few days and I'll be sure to post here when I scan it in case anybody wants to stop by and grab some of those goodies.

I loved Felyne in HHD, I'd love to be able to get him in my ACNL town.

Labrys

From the Japanese Direct, that weird yellow mascot with the red hat, does anyone know what that is? I'm guessing it'll be a spotpass japanese exclusive villager but I'd be lying if I said it didn't have a really weird charm to it.

ggx2ac

lol just fast forward the date on your system. That's what I did tonight! But I'm guessing your an AC pursuit. Bless you, I'm over that.

The Puzzle League game is AWESOME. I love it. I honestly love it so much that I hate that I have to boot it up from Animal Crossing itself. I wish you could boot it up from the main menu, at least, so you don't have to sit through the main loading screen, then walk into your house, then open the 3DS system. That's a lot of steps...

I use a Blathers AC amiibo, I could order the N3DS and WiiU from his trailer, even though they're not actually in the trailer itself. When you go to Order Items, they show up on the list.

Nah, not really a purist. Just forgot if there'd be any problems if I abused changing the clock and date.

I already went through the story mode of the Puzzle League, surprisingly has almost all the modes for a mini game.

I'd still want a Panel de Pon game for Switch. Or if they're not doing that because it doesn't exist officially outside Japan then hopefully a Puzzle League game with another game franchise so then we don't end up with another mascotless version like the DS version of Puzzle League.

I like Harvey and the new campgrounds. Good character and good new features.

Harvey is now one of my fav' special characters. Glad they did not create a new "cute" character like Lottie and Isabelle...they are great but AC is also very good at quirky/funny characters.

LordKano

I have a few questions guys :

I have right now a big city from two years ago, but all my favorite villagers are gone, and I no longer want to play in a city with awful ducks and pigs everywhere.

Is there any way to change the villagers ? Or to choose them if I sell my city and restart everything ? I reaaaally want to have Whitney in my city. She was the best.

N.Grim

I have a few questions guys :

I have right now a big city from two years ago, but all my favorite villagers are gone, and I no longer want to play in a city with awful ducks and pigs everywhere.

Is there any way to change the villagers ? Or to choose them if I sell my city and restart everything ? I reaaaally want to have Whitney in my city. She was the best.
I know that you can invite the ones that you call with their amiibo

Booted someone and got both the Squid Sister cosplayers to move in next door to one another, it's great you can now ask someone to leave and replace them with a Campsite visitor.

Just got the Wii U console in a cookie which is neat.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So when you boot someone out, does the replacement occupy the same plot or just move in randomly like usual?

Davey Cakes

Just got the Wii U console in a cookie which is neat.
Yeah, I got that too.

Since the update I've already built the storage room in my house (to unlock the HHD interface) and added another room. Nice little bit of progress I guess, considering it's been two years since I played the game.

Otherwise there still isn't THAT much to do since I don't really use Amiibo.

Jofamo

So when you boot someone out, does the replacement occupy the same plot or just move in randomly like usual?

I just invited Medli to my town, which was previously full. Decided to kick out a no name Cat I didn't care about, and the next day Medli's plot was exactly where the old villagers house used to be. Might be coincidence, but I think they move in to the same space.

Ultimadrago

No, that's what the new amiibo functions provide basically.

Wait, so with Amiibo and Amiibo cards can you really get new animals to actually move-in to your town?

My thought was that they are just imitated by Wisp to "talk to" or that you just blab with them in their R.V. for a couple new lines of dialogue.

Forkball

Wait, so with Amiibo and Amiibo cards can you really get new animals to actually move-in to your town?

My thought was that they are just imitated by Wisp to "talk to" or that you just blab with them in their R.V. for a couple new lines of dialogue.
Characters like Isabelle or Nook can't move in, but the Amiibo cards and non AC amiibos allow for specific villagers to move in. Medli finished unpacking in my town today.

Top Bottom