• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing Direct Nov. 2, Miitopia featured in JP stream (no mobile/Switch)

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
The screen where you collect your meow coupons looks suspicially like you can connect something else to it...

The pic on the menu is a 3ds and it's the only option right now, and it says "end session" rather than Back when you want to return to the game.

Suspecting that you'll be able to collect MEOW coupons or do something else related in the mobile game?

NoKisum

At work, so I can't download the update yet, but does the Puzzle League have multiplayer? Or is it purely Vs Com? I'm fine with either (I suck at Puzzle League anyway), just want to be ready for it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So apart from a time travel label, do I risk anything major jumping three months into the future?

Guess I should speak to all my villagers just in case.

Just got the Wii U console from my first fortune cookie!

You can use play coins to hire villagers to team up with you in desert island escape, you don't need amiibo

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I should think so.

Just wanna say they downplayed the daily missions in the direct but they are great!

That sounds like not a bad idea for the mobile game! I could be into that.

Also, that's good to hear. You might convince me to finally start over in ACNL... I abandoned it pretty early on and then got scared of what would await me when I returned.

scamander

Banned
There's an awful lot you can do without amiibo. Pretty much only the crossover stuff and the RVs themselves are exclusive.

And all the visitors of your town can come with an RV as well, without any amiibo needed. Pavé is on my campsite right now and I can buy every carnival themed item from him. Remember when you had to catch same-coloured feathers for hours and hope to get the right item and not the one you already own five times?

This Direct made me buy both an NFC reader and the lousy party game for Wii U. Because it was half-price and came with an Isabelle Amiibo as well as three cards. Hopefully my nieces and nephew will like it.

suzu

So do villagers still move in/move out all willy-nilly?

I wonder if old villagers will move back in with amiibo cards. Somebody get me a Julian card. D:

Fandangox

You can sit on rocks now.

... In case anyone was wondering.

giphy.gif

OmegaFax

For those wondering what happens when you scan the Villager amiibo:

XWNqizMm.jpg

Edit:

Pressing A would help. Yes, the Villager Amiibo allows you to access some extra goodies.

mXvenQdm.jpg

CrjVf6Lm.jpg

PjgEPlDm.jpg

The HHD items are the online competition to terms from that game. So the giant robot, ant, huge cake etc.

Once I played the update for a bit I saved and went to the menu and the option to connect my HHD save was there.

I have digital New Leaf and physical HHD and I had to put the HHD card into the slot for it to be read, then at the kiosk at Nook's there was an extra ad that had just the HHD items there. Easy!

Yukinari

So they added the island escape mode from Amiibo Festival to New Leaf because they realized that nobody wanted to buy a terrible game. Puzzle League is cute too at least.

Berordn

Kinda cheesed that Wisp isn't showing up yet, but at least he's prevented total destruction of my town.

...for now.

So they added the island escape mode from Amiibo Festival to New Leaf because they realized that nobody wanted to buy a terrible game. Puzzle League is cute too at least.

I imagine essentially every review calling it the only worthwhile feature of the game drove that point home to them a while ago.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
The HHD items are the online competition to terms from that game. So the giant robot, ant, huge cake etc.

Once I played the update for a bit I saved and went to the menu and the option to connect my HHD save was there.

I have digital New Leaf and physical HHD and I had to put the HHD card into the slot for it to be read, then at the kiosk at Nook's there was an extra ad that had just the HHD items there. Easy!

Ah, does that mean for these "save compatibility"-esque features on 3DS, if there were any more, it'd only work with digital copies?

Berordn

Ah, does that mean for these "save compatibility"-esque features on 3DS, if there were any more, it'd only work with digital copies?

For most games it seems to work with either. SMT4a let me use my physical copy for the save bonus.

I know a bunch of other games just check to see if the game is registered in StreetPass, and Welcome Amiibo asked if my HHD was physical or digital before it checked.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
For most games it seems to work with either. SMT4a let me use my physical copy for the save bonus.

I know a bunch of other games just check to see if the game is registered in StreetPass, and Welcome Amiibo asked if my HHD was physical or digital before it checked.

Oh, that's good. Thanks.

When is the new physical copy with the patch going to become available?

I think it's December 2nd for NA, and maybe November 23rd in Japan and November 25th in EU.

OmegaFax

Neat! Anything happen with any of the other Smash Amiibos? Aside from the Zelda ones, I mean.

I'll try a couple more in a few a bit later. Villager is the only one I've scanned so far. If I had to guess ... least I hope ones with items already in the game (like Mario's hat and 'stache) would appear in a specially marked RV.

Boem

How do I start a new town and get cash for it? I never got that option in the train scene after the update (as that earlier poster mentioned). I haven't played for ages and even back then I didn't play much, so I wanted to start properly with a new town.

Definitely looking to get back into the game, but I'm almost more tempted to start a fresh file than to keep playing my current one. Wonder which I should go with...

scamander

Banned
How do I start a new town and get cash for it? I never got that option in the train scene after the update (as that earlier poster mentioned). I haven't played for ages and even back then I didn't play much, so I wanted to start properly with a new town.

Just delete your old town. If it is advanced enough, Isabelle will bring in Tom Nook to make you an offer, after your confirmed twice you are sure about it.

Villagers you call to Harvey's camping grounds can kick out any residents of your choosing! Video

Hysterical. I can think of at least four villagers I want out.

After resetting the save data on my ACNL cartridge, updating it and creating a new town, I can't download presents from Phyllis from the post office - either the console keeps saying that the SD card is full, or the game itself says that my connection with the access point is not stable. I've deleted the connection and created it again, this time entering a password instead of using WPS push-button auth... no results.

I wonder if anyone else has this problem.

It reminds of how the first Western release of Puyo Puyo in a decade* was a mini-game within a Hatsume Miku game. Feels like this is the future of puzzle games once big enough to stand alone.

Yeah, it's a real shame that you can't really make a new arcade-y puzzle game with original characters and have it become a life-long franchise. Puyo Puyo is the exception to the rule, of course, but it's only popular in Japan (as you know). Other puzzlers seem to have a strong identity, like Lumines, but certainly aren't mascot based or could be sold on that sort of charm.

This isn't even an update, it's more like a sequel? Like Super Animal Crossing New Leaf?

Seriously, there's more meaningful updates in this than there was in Let's All Go To The City.

Top Bottom